“Fabulous”

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 24, 2010

The $40 million, 4-year restoration has once again made this historic hotel elegant. Our accomodations, with a separate sitting room, were impecable and spacious. The staff was professional and attentive. The food fabulous. We enjoyed our week stay and highly reccomend the Hotel Andaluz to anyone considering a stay in Albuquerque. The downtown location is central and conveniently located for many area attractions.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HolidaysAndSun

Reviewed January 22, 2010

I stayed at hotel Andaluz for a period of three days and enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel staffs were very nice and courteous and it seemed they were always glad to help in any way they could. I am especially thankful to Brian Rael for giving me a ride to the airport. Brian saw me waiting for the taxi, which for some reason did not turn up on time. Realizing that I was getting late for my flight, Brian offered to give me a ride up to the airport which I gladly accepted. I really appreciated Brian’s help in this situation, because of which I was able to catch my flight on time. I gladly recommend hotel Andaluz to anyone coming to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jgd-abq
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We booked the smallest room (the Classic?) and were upgraded to the Andaluz, a beautiful spacious room. We took a tour of the rooms on our last morning and the Classic was pretty small. I'm not sure I would book it in a busier season when I could be assured of an upgrade. The Andaluz is truly beautiful in a very unique way. Its Moroccan theme is based on the Spanish Moors who came to New Mexico early in its history. The mezzanine floor is a small museum with lots of information on local museums, theaters, dance, etc., everything a visitor needs to know. There is also a library downstairs with two computers with a printer for complimentary use. There was live music on weekend nights. The room was very quiet, although there was some street noise on Saturday night. The hotel does not have its own fitness room, but offers complimentary admission to the fitness club a block away. We were able to take a free yoga class there, which was wonderful. I will definitely stay at the Andaluz again.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank SKLN
Reviewed January 20, 2010

This recently restored hotel (it was originally built in 1939 by Conrad Hilton -- supposedly his first) has gorgeous decor in the common areas: stained glass, chandeliers, colors, and four or five private reservable rooms on one side of the lobby. The small rooms are blocked with a curtain when in use. Each had a distinct theme, with muted lights and stunning decorations. One had a waterfall flowing over colored tiles, another a recessed area with pottery, each one beautiful and soothing. There's a library with books, newspapers, and magazine, as well as a computer with free internet access. I booked a "standard" room, which was beautifully appointed but almost too small for two people. The space between the foot of the bed and the wall was about 2 feet. I realized after looking at the hotel map on the door that the room we were in was the smallest type in the hotel.

The bathroom was very small, and the toilet was behind the door, requiring the door to be shut to access it. The hotel brags that it's "eco-friendly", and has bottles of shampoo, lotion, and soap mounted on the shower wall and next to the sink instead of individual bottles. The two bottles on the sink were both lotion instead of one of them being soap, which the hotel staff corrected after we wondered why our hands were getting soft but not clean. The check-in process is a bit strange. Instead of going to a reception desk, there's a small room with two people at desks with computers to check people in and out. If there's a crowd, it's very slow. At checkout, I suggested to the clerk that because the hotel was not nearly full, they could have put us in a bigger room rather than the tiny one that was in the class we booked. I received an apology and an offer of a free night's stay in a future visit. Nice people, beautiful surroundings, and within walking distance of lots of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Athena222
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We booked the Elopement package because it covered every last detail. We didn't have to worry about anything. The staff made us feel special and catered to our every need. The room was gorgous, comfortable and affordable. We had a wonderful time!! Thank you to the staff of Hotel Andaluz for a spectacular day. One we will never forget.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank who1
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Andaluz for three weeks in late October into November 2009 when I was in Albuquerque for business working many long hours seven days a week. From the very beginning of my check-in at 1:30 a.m. the staff were outstanding. Everyone from the reception to security to parking to housekeeping to restaurant staff were pleasant, professional and efficient. Recognizing that the hotel was newly opened and that there would be some quirks I was surprised that I didn't encounter more but when I did, they were promptly addressed. Although I enjoyed the restaurant on only two occasions, once for a meal and the other for room service, the food was excellent. It was also a great perk to serve the lobby breakfast before the restaurant was opened. Although I didn't get to enjoy the bar, I can attest that it was always hopping when I got back to the hotel in the evenings yet my room on the third floor was quiet. The housekeeping was outstanding and my room was clean and neat everyday. I travel a lot and stay in many hotels. My primary goal is to select a hotel where: I feel safe and secure; have a clean room and a place to relax; enjoy the surroundings; there are great staff; and, I spend my travel dollars wisely. The Hotel Andaluz fits the bill and I will continue to stay there in the future on my visits to Albuquerque. I am confident that any of the growing pains associate with opening will soon resolve themselves. My only concern that as news of this property spreads, I will not be able to get a room!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We found this on the internet and I was more than pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, helpful staff and fabulous restaurant. Their "green" policy also fit with my politics.
I will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business