“excellent service, location, etc”
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #9 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 18, 2014

the service at hotel andaluz is what stands apart from all other boutique hotels. the receptionists, misty and others, were very welcoming and kind always servicing our needs. Misty even upgraded our room that we got through groupon! valet parking was included and they had great refreshments - coffee, cucumber water etc. throughout the day. i'd definitely recommend to all - it is a romantic and eclectic historic hotel that is comfortable. i also love how green they were! fresh circulated air. an amazing comfortable bed... not to mention the molton brown body wash/ shampoo line - japanese orange.. ordering on amazon now!!!! i am in love!

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade - room 203 was excellent! large corner suite just up the stairs
1  Thank Erin H

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had heard great word of mouth about the hotel and the Tapas restaurant, so, despite living locally, decided to have a Saturday night getaway. What a wonderful treat! The hotel's common areas are filled with beautiful decor, and the more you look the more you see little touches of quality. There's even a library off of the lobby with a good selection of books on architecture, art, local history, etc. The atmosphere and the staff were just very welcoming, giving off a very quietly comfortable feel. It felt to me like it was plucked from the days when great hotels were all unique -- before the rush to standardization took over.

Our room was great! Again, lots of attention to layout and design features - like the beautiful wooded doors -- that really came together beautifully. Our room was quite a bit larger than we expected and completely quiet even though it was right across from the elevator.

After just one night eating and staying here, I feel like we had a vacation somewhere in Spain.

1  Thank JackMQ3
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and clean. Has old world charm..not old as in needs maintenance but old as in vintage. The food at the restaurant is good but really expensive. Expect to valet. If you park yourself you have to park in a public parking garage, go down the elevator and walk a block to get to the hotel. The parking garage is $8 a day and valet is $16 a day. Very dog friendly but the park where you can walk them is about a 3 blocks walk. Not too terrible but the Marriott is right across from the park. If you have pets..check out the Marriott first. Overall great hotel, staff were wonderful, our double corner suite was perfect.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Corie H
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My time at Hotel Andaluz was both pleasant and relaxing. I would definitely visit again! The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. I also really enjoyed the atmosphere of the dining area and of course the rooftop bar area!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by a family member native to the Albuquerque area and I must say I was not displeased. My husband and I had a wonderful stay over the weekend and will definitely come back on our next trip. The staff was very helpful and friendly, particularly the front desk agent Dwayne. He was very friendly and provided great customer service that made our stay all the worth while. We also enjoyed the rooftop bar Ibiza and the food was excellent, compliments to the chef!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My family travels quite frequently across the US and internationally and overall, we were very pleased with our stay, especially the customer service we received. Upon arrival, I realized there was an error in my reservation, (at the fault of one of those travel booking sites, and not the hotels). Well Mariah L. from reception was just terrific. I would give her 5 Stars for her service. What could have been a very unpleasant experience for me, was actually great. She helped me book a new reservation at a better rate than the online booking site, I might add. She was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. The valet guys, sorry didn't get your names, but they were also very friendly and knowledgeable about the surroundings. The lobby and the rooms were beautiful. I only have two complaints. First, was the hallway to our room (the 8the floor). It was quite musty smelling and looked as if had been overlooked in the updating and cleaning area. Second complaint, was we called down for some dessert around 9pm for room service and they were sold out of everything but some corn dessert that we were not interested in. So maybe have a few more desserts on hand. But otherwise we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again!

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and stay in many hotels. The staff was unbelievably helpful and nice and Chris the bell guys is one of the coolest dudes I have met in a while. The hotel is extraordinary beautiful. The room very spacious and modern. Great stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business