“Love this place!”

Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Love this place!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Hotel Andaluz is an amazing hotel in downtown Albuquerque. Both historic and LEED certified, it offers a wonderful blend of old and new. The Casbahs are a great place to hang out and enjoy tapas and local beer, and the upstairs, outdoor bar is also fun. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and our meeting space in the hotel was just what we needed and comfortable. And the rooms are amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Reviewed July 21, 2014

As a 3rd party meeting planner, I wanted to share a recent experience where this hotel understands the meaning of partnership. My client used another event planner in Albuquerque back in 2012, leaving the client with apprehension and trust on service up until the final days leading to the conference.

I shared my concerns with the Hotel Andaluz staff as a partner. The staff and property had the historical knowledge of what challenges the client faced. We worked together to identify any concerns the client may have shared and ensured solutions were presented to help meet and exceed the client's expectation while on site.

As a CMP in the hospitality industry for many years, I wish to express how the Hotel Andaluz delivered on what they represent and provide as a facility. The staff is well trained and knowledgeable about what it means to provide customer service and partnership.

Thank you Hotel Andaluz!

Debra Gassoway, CMP

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Andaluz is a very stylish property right on the corner of Downtown Albuquerque. It is easily accessible from I-25, and provides immediate access to the downtown nightlife, movie theater and restaurants.

The staff was very accommodating and cheerful, and worked hard to fill any needs. They were always available for any request, and the valet was very responsive. I recommend the valet, as downtown parking can be difficult.

The property has two dining areas/bars, both of which I took advantage and found the staff very helpful and attentive. They have many specialty drinks, a fully stocked bar and high-quality cuisine. They also offer live entertainment, and publicize it well when it is available.

The rooms are cozy, with excellent bedding and simple accents. Take note: this establishment accommodates digital life. They have more than enough power outlets to provide for two people with laptops, smart phones and tablet computers with other miscellaneous electronics. Their free Wi-Fi is reliable and available in every room.

A final note on the establishment involves the hygiene products. Soaps, shampoos and lotions are not only effective, and conveniently placed in clearly-marked dispensers, but also smell wonderful.

Overall, an excellent experience, one I wholeheartedly recommend to any visitors to Albuquerque.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I travel quite often to ABQ for business and try to always combine this with pleasure. That's exactly what I got at The Hotel Andaluz. Upon arrival, I was immediately in awe of the gorgeous and expansive lobby-lounge. Wow. Look UP! The ornate and towering ceiling and carved wood beams bring you back to another era when things were done with skill and artistry. Next, I was greeted by the warm reception staff. In particular, Jamilia Miller. She became my 'go-to' for any and all. I couldn't locate my car, she found it. I needed a special request taken care of, she found a way. I lost my phone charger, there she was, at my door in less than two minutes, with a charger from her office. Always with a smile, Jamilia would be reason enough to return to this hotel. My suite was very large and I had everything I needed to have a comfortable stay.
The staff at Andaluz will not disappoint. From the restaurant to the valet to maintenance, everyone is there to help you and one can easily see why the hotel is highly regarded.
Thank you Jamilla and the entire staff of The Hotel Andaluz for a lovely stay.
Sincerely, Virginia Madsen

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
We greatly appreciate your review of our hotel. Jamilia is a great asset to our team and we are happy to have her with us. We are glad she was able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cambridge
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I did not stay at this hotel, but was wowed by the lobby and the service. It is really beautiful. If the rooms are anything like the lobby and the restaurants, it is definitely worth staying at. I had dinner at the roof top deck....really lovely. Great service and excellent tapas. Their jalapeno margarita is out of this world for anyone who likes spicy. Definitely a hotel to consider in Albuquerque....near the Convention Center.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrea S
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We have new drink specials every month that are as fun and inventive of the Jalapeno Margarita. We will be happy to show you to one of our 12 different room types. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

What a memorable experience the Andaluz Team orchestrated on our company's behalf today. We host monthly sales meetings that include overnight stays and this was the most delicious event that we've hosted in years! From start to finish it was such a pleasure to work with each member of the Andaluz Team, especially Shelia Smith. She clearly understood what our event needed to accomplish and helped us deliver success. She's my go-to for hotel bookings in downtown ABQ. Easy to work with & detail-oriented, she's great.

Also, it's worth noting that Andaluz has one of the best kept secrets in Albuquerque... their executive chef, Chef Erkut Karatas. Chef is doing some of the most creative & delicious banquet offerings that I've seen in years & years. Luckily for our group, we can visually enjoy some of the offerings from our meal again via his Chef page on facebook "Chef Erkut Karatas". (Beautiful photos of what he's up to in the kitchen for us foodies out there). Our guests immediately "liked" his facebook page after our event. Highlights from our menu: Seared saku tuna on kumquat-wasabi polenta with seasme ponuz; red pesto glazed prosciutto wrapped grilled mahi-mahi; balckberry-pepper barbecued baby back alligator ribs; root vegetable brie au gratin... also, chef bakes THE BEST gluten free quinoa cookie that I've ever tried. I literally consumed three cookies during the meeting and I know I wasn't the only one.

For a memorable food experience that makes you forget you're hosting a corporate meeting, try Andaluz. They've raised the bar on what these meetings can and should be!

Room Tip: Shelia Smith with help you accomodate your guests with a memorable room. I often give her guest prof...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
We deeply appreciate the kind review of our hotel. We are so glad your time here went so well. Conventions and meetings can be dull, so our goal will always be to exceed expectations. Chef Erkut works with his team to have the very best selections and Sheila works diligently to ensure that the conventions go without a hitch.

For work or for play, we look forward to seeing you again.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a wedding and booked Hotel Andaluz for 1 night to celebrate our anniversary. Stayed in a Romance Suite which was very nice with a large, deep bathtub adjacent to bed and separated by sliding glass doors. Muy romantico! Book directly through hotel website for room type! 30 minute walk to Old Town not recommended, take a cab. Front desk told us multiple times to go to 2nd level rooftop bar, Ibiza, for half off food and $1 off beers happy hour. Had apps and drinks and got the full price bill b/c it was a Saturday and HH is weekdays only. Told the waitress, but she just said she would tell front desk not to tell guests that, but didn't offer to honor HH pricing. Apps are great, but very small portions. Patio is very nice spot for afternoon drinks. Had dinner in lobby. Reserve a casbah! They are intimate and fantastic. Food and service were great. Ordered room service breakfast burritos that were delicious and huge. Talked to Jamilla Miller at front desk in the morning and she took care of Ibiza bill. Excellent service!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KIPWINDIES
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. We strive to exceed your expectations. Thank you for passing along your concerns about the miscommunication regarding Happy Hour. Jamilia is a great asset to our team and we are happy she was able to help you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.