Hotel Andaluz
Econo Lodge Downtown(Albuquerque)
Crossroads Motel(Albuquerque)
  • Breakfast included
1,446 results
All reviewsconrad hiltonhistoric hoteldowntown albuquerquetapas restaurantrooftop barvalet servicenew mexicoconvention centercorner roombeautiful lobbysmall roomwonderful hotellobby areacoffee makercentral avenueold townmas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Rough start, as our high-tech fridge needed programming and we couldn't fix it on our own. Wasted at least 30 minutes. They were persistent and did a good job, but it should have been fixed before our arrival. Attentive staff. Asking for ice from staff was obnoxious. Elegant lobby. Room was very small, but clean and functional. Great location, especially for the ABQ convention center. Fitness center is across the street but first class. Transportation Station an easy two blocks away. Save yourself a $20 taxi fare from airport each way by taking the 250 (nonstop but limited times) or 50 bus.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kurteg
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We agree with your statement that the equipment in each room should be fully functional at time of check in, and we do appreciate your patience as we fixed the refrigerator.
As you mentioned, ice is per request. We do this to save energy. As a green hotel our focus is on providing luxury while keeping our environment in mind. Thank you for helping us stay green.

We look forward to your return and hope to give you another excellent stay.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a recent business meeting at the Andaluz and the staff was GREAT! They were helpful in assisting with questions, copies and very professional. The whole atmosphere was inviting and the food was great in our meeting as well. The rooms were very clean and modern with one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. Overall, I had a wonderful stay and really wish more hotels had similar staff members like the Andaluz. I appreciate all the help and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kellymdk5

Thank you for reviewing our hotel with such kind words. We are happy to serve in any capacity necessary for our guests. We hope next time you visit us you will be able to have some leisure time to enjoy our patio bar and some tapas in MAS.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Andaluz in October 2013 on a business trip. This was my second visit to downtown Albuquerque in the last several years. Last time I stayed at the Doubletree and did not enjoy the experience (see my other review), so when I heard I Had to come back, I looked for other options. The Hotel Andaluz was only a block farther from the convention center, was the same price, but was so much nicer. I was very excited to stay there. I liked all of the environmentally friendly features and the style of the place. My room had a nice fridge, and was very spacious. I had to call twice to get the iron and ironing board brought up, but that was okay. The one thing that I did not like was that I was placed in a handicapped room, which had a accessible shower. I would have preferred a regular bathroom. The bathroom was tiled, and the shower was just in the corner. So when I showered, water got on the rest of the floor. I tried to be moved to another room, but they said nothing was available. I was not happy with this, but there wasn't anything I could do. I had paid for a "vista" room, but I'm not sure that is what I had. It faced the right way, but was on a lower floor. I did not have a problem with the noise that others complain about. The bed and bedding were lovely, and there was a complementary robe. I tried to eat in the restaurant one night, but it wasn't open yet when i stopped by, they were in the process of changing restaurants when I was there. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would visit there again. I think it would have been a nice place to stay with my husband, and if I was there for leisure I would have made more use of the fantastic lobby amenities. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad you were able to stay with us, and we hope that you will return. We do have 12 different room types and would like to invite you to try one. Some of our Corner Vista rooms are ADA accessible and are on lower floors. Though we do give our very best to give our guest our excellence in room types, there are days that we might be sold out and don't have other rooms available.
We are glad you noticed our "green" practices and are very proud to be the only Gold LEED certified hotel in Albuquerque.
We look forward to your return, and another chance to wow you with our different room types.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I love boutique hotels but as a Platinum Marriott rewards member I typically don't book them. ALB and Seattle are the exceptions. I have stayed at this property about 5 times a year for 4 years. It's lost most of its allure for me. The rooms are nice, but small and you have to request both coffee service and an iron. This is fine if you remember, but not so great at 530am if you have forgotten. The staff is nice, but not great. The restaurant has changed names, but the menu was very much the same and still
mediocre. The service there is consistently unremarkable. The last two times I ate there I actually had to walk out to the front and ask for my bill in order to be able to leave. After an especially horrific experience Valentines day 2013, I vowed to never return - but I did and was still treated poorly. As a female business executive this sort practice is grating.

It's a shame I had to complain about something my last 3 stays. It is a really beautiful property with access to an amazing gym.

A new boutique hotel has opened up the road. They will get my lodging dollars next stay in ALB.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your response and thank you for letting Albuquerque be one of your exceptions for using the boutique hotel market. As being part of the Historic Hotels of America, and being built in 1939, some of our rooms are the same size as they have been for the last 75 years, but we have 12 different room types and would like to invite you back to try one of our larger rooms.
It sounds as though the service you received in MAS isn't up to the quality we aim for and hope that when you are back in town you will give us another chance. This year we are celebrating our 75th anniversary and would love to have you join us for one of the events.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to call the hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is the most charming place I've stayed at in New Mexico. Mr. Hilton's 4th hotel, built in the 1930s, is simply a jewel. Top quality restoration of an historic building. The lobby, the study with fireplace, cafe and dining rooms are all part of the many other attractions (e.g., art work & murals) that give this place its unique character. No question-- I'll be returning to Hotel Andaluz.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite which had 2 seating areas, lots of room to set out and set up (work or relaxation).
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so honored to be called charming, and yes we are very proud to be part of the history of Conrad Hilton as well as Albuquerque. We went through a major renovation, opening again in 2009, as a Gold LEED Certified hotel. This year we are celebrating our 75th anniversary, each month of the year we will be bringing a previous decade alive again and would love to have you back to celebrate with us.