“Great stay”

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Beautiful historic hotel in spanish style. The lobby is wonderful and a nice place for cocktails before dinner. My room was on the small side but beautifully furnished, spotllessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Service was friendly and efficient.
I had a very nice Dinner in the Hotel Restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear diho,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to learn you enjoyed your visit. The hotel offers twelve different room types to suit all our guests needs. Perhaps on your next visit you will have the opportunity to experience a different room type.
Thank you again we appreciate your feedback!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,433)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very beautiful hotel downtown Albuquerque. Absolutely loved the Spanish decor and overall old world feel of the place. The large lobby is a wonderful place to relax and have a drink. Room was amazing, great bedding and huge bathtub. Would definitely stay here again when in town.
We also had dinner at the in house restaurant, delicious and wonderful menu with great service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear taffey68,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your Romance Suite and dinner in Lucia. It’s always a pleasure to hear about our guest’s experiences. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travel to New Mexico on business quite a bit and I always look forward to my stay at the Hotel Andaluz. The decor throughout this historic boutique hotel is tasteful and comfortable. The rooms are impeccably clean, well appointed, and the beds and linens fabulous. In particular the lobby and library provide an ambience that I can only describe as that of a large, warm, beautiful home. And I cannot say enough about the second floor outdoor patio and Ibiza Bar. An evening outside on the patio is a must.

The hotel is beautifully unique and warm but what makes my stays so outstanding is the incredibly competent and professional staff. David Brown and the other members of the front desk staff are always friendly and attentive; the bell valet service is responsive and polite, and the rest of the staff always courteous and helpful.

In a word, the Hotel Andaluz is superb!. I would not stay at any other hotel in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: In over 30 stays at the Andaluz I am not sure that I have found a bad room. The "Zen" den...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jeff B,
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear you had the opportunity to truly experience the Andaluz culture. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Driving cross country from Maine, we decided to finally stop after driving 30 hours straight. I mostly picked this hotel because the price was right, but I also liked the idea of not staying at another interstate motel.
When we arrived, we were greeted by valet, who was very kind, and understanding of the packed vehicle. He made a special place for the car so it was not out in the open for someone to be tempted to break in. I thought that was sweet, and very much appreciated.
When we went to check-in we were greeted by David, who was so nice, and understanding of us being an early check-in from the drive, and he knew we were tired, so he upgraded to a bigger room for free. Thank you David! The staff was all very kind and the hotel lobby was very inviting.
We we very tired, so we just wanted a quick bite, and bed. We went to Ibiza for happy hour, and had the best bartender Eric! Eric made our night with his kind smile, and great service. Thank you Eric!
Overall, it was a great experience. We came in the winter when the rooftop bar was open but it was too cold to be outside. There was a wedding in the lobby when we got there, but later it opened up to be a very cool spot for drinks and hanging out.
I would absolutely come back to this hotel and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: some of the rooms are smaller than others, but you can always change your mind and change rooms when...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Alyssa C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing evening after such a long drive. We hope this is the first visit of many to follow! Safe travels.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is gorgeous, the staff is over-the-top friendly and attentive, and the rooms are stunning. I love love love this hotel! The lobby casbahs are awesome and so pretty. The beds are super soft and the food is awesome. No ghosts in room 701 but I would have happily shared the room. Come to Albuquerque just to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear maxjeffjen1,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time while visiting us. If we hear of a haunting in any of the rooms we will be sure to reserve that room for your next visit! See you soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Needless to say, Hotel Andaluz is beautifully unique and inviting. What has made my stay so outstanding, though, is the service. My experience with Pamela at reception has restored my faith in the concept of customer service. She exceeded my expectations and impressed me with her outstanding customer service skills and good attitude.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear MSS222,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear your interaction with Pamela was a memorable experience. We strive to create memorable experiences for all our guests and comments like yours make it all worthwhile. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

On a recent first-time business trip to Albuquerque, I needed to choose a hotel downtown within walking distance to my business meetings. There were a few to choose from - all equal distance to my destination, so quantity wasn't an issue. It was quality that I was seeking.

As an avid reader of TripAdvisor, I looked up each hotel to read what guests were saying about the my 3 possible choices. What struck me about the Hotel Andaluz wasn't just the many positive comments about hotel guest experiences, but was that hotel management took the time to acknowledge each and every comment - positive and not so positive. That kind of guest experience focus makes all the difference in my mind so Hotel Andaluz it was!

The staff greeted me warmly. My room wasn't quite ready so I took the time to explore downtown and really fell in love with the funky area. I did not experience a great deal of homeless or panhandlers as others have posted. In fact, Central Ave, just 1 block from the hotel, boasts many restaurants, shops and bars in what I would characterize as a safe, easy walk.

The lobby and common areas of the hotel are stunningly beautiful, peaceful and well maintained. The food was fantastic. The Ibiza bar was a nice space, particularly the outdoor area with the fire feature.

My room was unbelievably beautiful with a spectacular view of the mountains. The housekeeping team did a wonderful job keeping things neat and tidy.

As a guest staying for over a week, there was never a time where I wasn't 100% satisfied with the people and the property.

Sure there are plenty of choices for a downtown stay, but if it's quality you seek, choose the Hotel Andaluz.

Well done, Hotel Andaluz! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark F
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Mark F,
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure having you as a guest and we only hope to see you more often! Thank you again, see you soon!