“Spectacular Southwest Gem!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Spectacular Southwest Gem!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Old-style classic and elegant Southwest decor expertly fused with contemporary detailing. Placing individual entertaining / chill-out casbahs on the perimeter of the main lobby is a stroke of genius. There's a gorgeous library/business center with working kiva, in addition to complimentary computers and printer. Room included a small fridge/wine cooler; free Wi-Fi, and a desk with an expandable slide-out top with multiple electrical outlets for charging purposes. Walking distance to many downtown attractions. Close to the airport. Service was top notch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mark J
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Mark J,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you had the opportunity to experience the various outlets our property has to offer. We are glad your stay was memorable and only hope to see you back soon! Thank you again.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We really had great expectations for this hotel: great price, looked trendy and modern without sacrificing amenities, and friendly people. But the shower heads had such a low water pressure that taking a shower was an arduous and frustrating process. Otherwise, I'd give the hotel five stars. One of their main priorities is an effort to be "green", so I understand their desire to save water, but when it comes at the expense and alienation of guests, maybe they should rethink the shower heads.

1 Thank courtney9384
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Courtney S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While this is a new issue, we have installed 4 new shower heads for testing in order to ensure we continue to receive the highest level of feedback from our valued guests. We are glad to hear however, that your overall stay was pleasant.
We hope to see you back soon!

Montreal
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was a very comfortable hotel with a very cozy decor. The rooms are very clean and a reasonable size at least the one I stayed in on the sixth floor. The plumbing needs some upgrading since one of the night I woke up from the noise the pipes were making in the wall thinking it's a fire alarm although this only happened once. The restaurant and bar are very nice and offer a good selection and you can have access to a nearby fitness center. Staff is very courteous and helpful. The lobby has a very relaxing environment and can also accommodate for private sections. Each section is decorated differently. Certainly worth at least a visit for dinner or some drinks. They have some killer Jalapeno Cucumber margaritas in the mezzanine lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Arambo,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to experience the hotel's multiple outlets. I have brought your concerns with the plumbing to our engineering department to research, as this is not an issue which has arisen prior. However, we are glad to hear you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room.
Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you back soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is lovely. Very unique, with a tasteful Spanish decor. Our two double bed room was large, with a separate and private sitting area. The lobby has a number of curtained "cabanas" which we were able to use every evening, where you can lounge on comfortable sofas and order from the bar or restaurant menu. It was great for teens, who hung out with us and played electronic or board games (available to borrow). The staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful. It is a very green hotel, lots of features to improve it's environmental footprint that don't sacrifice comfort. If this hotel were in San Francisco or L.A., you couldn't get a reservation for months. But it's in Albuquerque. Not the most exciting city. But a terrific stop over on way to or from Sante Fe.

Room Tip: We had a room with two double, with a great sitting area. I think you can see the hotel floor plans...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Torontowithteens
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Torontowithteens,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to truly experience the Andaluz culture. We hope to see you back soon!

Lisbon, Maine
Reviewed January 10, 2013

To say the Hotel Andaluz was anything less than very good would be a lie. The front desk was friendly, the valet parking was responsive and polite, and the rest of the staff courteous. I travel quite a bit and I generally will stay at the larger chain hotels, but what the Hotel Andaluz offers is all of what those hotels offer with New Mexico style.

My room was clean and climate controls worked as they should - I like my room cool, which wasn't a problem at all. If you're on business, the wireless access was excellent in strength and the desk and chair were modern and comfortable.

The hotel has a restaurant, which I highly recommend. Like the hotel, the staff were excellent and service was quick, friendly, and efficient. The food was very good and I highly recommend the the green chili and cauliflower bisque - excellent!

This was my first time to Albuquerque and I plan on staying here when I return for vacation.

Room Tip: The rooms are extremely quiet due to the construction of the hotel. Thick stucco walls. There are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank uwar2
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear uwar2,
Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and all the hotel outlets and amenities. We truly enjoy hearing about our guests experiences.
Thank you again, we look forward to your return!

Albuquerque
Reviewed January 3, 2013

It is rather disappointing to have stayed at this hotel. Their service is rather poor, people kept apologizing for it, however I felt that nothing was going to be resolved. Stayed In regular room and then in the Romance Suite. I noticed among the toiletries there were a set of earplugs...next morning I realized that it is due to all the hallway noise...light would come through the side of the blinds. I requested two set of towels, called housekeeping twice, the towels never arrived...when I went to the reception desk I was told that all communication has to go through them. I inquired why they do to inform guests not to call housekeeping...?

I notice the room would not get cleaned..after four days, a spot in the night sand was still there a plate with a fork, was there for two days, until I informed the reception of this.,
The only good service was the valet ...they would bring the car right away. It was a rather a frustrating visit. I will not go back.

I wanted to have my wedding reception at one of the Casbahs and was told this could not be possible because of the music and it would be too noisy. On the day of our wedding, there was no music held at the lobby.

The service during our wedding dinner was very good. I was told however, that this is ran by a separate service.

Honestly, I would no recommend staying here...perhaps you might have a different experience.

6 Thank Patricia C
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Patricia C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The hotel staff however, is a bit confused as we had received feedback stating the contrary to your trip advisor review. If at all possible I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience further in order to clear up any confusion. Please feel free to contact me at your leisure at msanchez@hotelandaluz.com.
Thank you again, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Las Vegas
Reviewed January 1, 2013

What a great Holiday week we had at Andaluz.The entire staff, including Valet (Chris) and Engineers (Pedro) go out of their way to make our stay special and make us feel at home. Pauline and Pamela in Reception were always making sure we were taken care of including our only child (pooch) MIsty. We arrived on the evening of the Las Posadas and many of the roads leading to the hotel were blocked for the bus procession. Pauline had me on the phone, settled down my frustrations and guided stayed on the phone to guide me until we arrived. The Christmas dinner and New Years Eve party were both outstanding providing many great memories. What a great Chef!! Our room was large, comfortable and spotless. What a great hotel. Mike, Linda and Misty from Centennial, Colorado

Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear MistyLover,
Thank you for such a kind review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your holidays with us and even more thrilled to hear our staff made it that much more special! We hope to see you back soon.