“Amazing”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel Andaluz is gorgeous hotel. The staff was very kind. Be sure to read about their renovation. I thought it was interesting. Be sure to hit the bar or better yet the lounge suites (all a different theme) for a fabulous Happy Hour. The bacon wrapped dates are out of this world and were are favorite. The drinks were all very yummy. We tried most of them! They also had a singer and pianist on Thursday evening. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. The complimentary soaps and lotions are in large containers as to not be wasteful. All of them had a lovely smell and felt wonderful. I didn't use their shampoo and conditioner but my Mom did and we both bought products to bring home. The also gave us a fabulous military discount. If we go back to ABQ we will be staying with them for sure!

Room Tip: We had 2 different rooms and they were both wonderful so not sure you can pick a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear SpaDiva73,
Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear your stay was filled with positive expereinces in not only your room but in other outlets of the hotel. I agree! The bacon wrapped dates are out of this world!
We hope to see you back soon.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I called Expedia to make the reservation and was assured I would have a room with a deep soaking tub as I had seen in the pictures on the website so I booked the room. I called the hotel a couple of days before to confirm the room and was told that I did not, in fact, have the room I requested. I was informed those rooms are only available for booking through the hotel. My husband and I were looking forward to a nice, relaxing getaway after a difficult week. I was lucky enough to speak with JENNY and she booked me a room that I had requested, even saying she would put us in her favorite room (room 810). So friendly, & understanding and that is hard to find these days when booking reservations. She did so much to help me get the kind of room I wanted! When we arrived at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised! It was unique, with a beautiful entry way and lobby. We were greeted and immediately taken to check in. We were told if anything did not meet our expectations to please let them know immediately. We then reserved a Casbah which I HIGHLY recommend! They invited us to walk through them and choose the one that we prefer. Our room was beautiful. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable. The toilet was separated from the tub and shower in a different room (which was very nice). There was lotion, shampoo,conditioner and body wash on the walls above sink, tub and shower, very convenient if you forget yours as we did. When staying in Albuquerque my husband and I usually go out to eat and for drinks and then back to our hotel, but we never left the hotel! We had wine in the casbah we reserved, then we had dinner and drinks before heading to our room. THE MEAL WAS THE BEST MEAL WE HAVE EVER HAD!!! I highly suggest the half roasted chicken-you will never experience anything like it! Try one of their signature drinks, "I love Lisa", it was one of the best I've ever had. Our waitress was attentive, but also gave us our alone time without sacrificing great service. After dinner we took our drinks to our room, enjoyed our deep soaking tub and took advantage of the in room movies where you can rent movies that are still in theater. Overall it was a wonderful experience that I will never forget, I already want to plan a trip back. If you have an experience like ours you will not be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Addishawn,
I am so pleased to hear our staff was able to make your stay special and memorable. We strive for the highest guest satisfaction and letters like yours make it all worthwhile. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and were instantly smitten with the character of the foyer and the obvious history of the hotel. It was the fourth ever Hilton hotel, the first outside of Texas and at the time the tallest building in Albuquerque. The room didn't disappoint either, very stylish and clean. The staff couldn't do enough to help us.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sdwoo,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time to review our historic hotel. The history of the hotel definitely gives it character and we are glad you had the opportunity to learn about our history while enjoying your visit! We look forward to seeing you back soon.

West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were only in Albuquerque one night but enjoyed our stay at the Andaluz. It is an older property renovated into a boutique hotel. Although the room we had is small, it was adequate for 2 people on a short stay. Everything is ultra-modern in the room and of course we understand now it is a totally GREEN hotel, which is what we like as we are well on our way to becoming Green as well. The lobby is fascinating with its little "casbahs" and we thoroughly enjoyed our Happy Hour sitting in one of them and enjoying the pianist/vocalist. Dinner was nice in the restaurant, but not "exceptional" and feel that the service could have been more professional, compared to other venues we have dined in. All said, we would stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear trekster_6469,
Happy hour on a Thursday or Friday night with lobby entertainment are truly amazing. I am glad to hear you had the opportunity to experience it and enjoy it as much as we all do! I do apologize however that Lucia did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me direclty at msanchez@hotelandaluz.com on your next visit in order to ensure your experience at Lucia is perfection!

Washington, DC
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I love this property. I spend about 90 nights a year in hotels for business and they can all start to look the same. This place is not only unique - historic building, beautiful lobby, great art - but the rooms are newly renovated, spacious, and as modern as any major chain. The staff is great too. There is no gym on site, but you have full access at a full service health club across the street. Please stay here - I want places like this to survive and thrive in a chain-dominated world!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear bgibb,

I was proud to read the notes you left about our property and our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction: we strive for the highest guest satisfaction and kind words like yours make it all worthwhile.

Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The location was great! Right in downtown Albuquerque. We had the pleasure of witnessing and being a part of The Color Run that happened to be going on right outside our window. Everything from the staff, to location and the room was just wonderful!! Everybody was polite and attentive. If you're looking for a romantic getaway I HIGHLY recommend staying here. I've stayed at other hotels and their rates are ridiculous. For everything we got here they rate was extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: We found that anything in the middle floors were pretty quite. If you're looking for a spacious...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Monica F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear you had a good experience and thrilled that you chose to share it with us! We look forward to seeing you back for many more romantic getaways to come.

Sincerely
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Good atmosphere. Roof top bar. If you love the city night life it's one too see. I personally like the wait staff here, I attended a wedding party once and feel inlove with the design of the building.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Alex B,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and past visits with us. We look forward to seeing you back soon!