“Wonderful stay”

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #9 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 1, 2011

After researching cool, romantic places to stay in downtown ABQ, chose Hotel Andaluz ..... and was not disappointed. Stayed in an Andaluz King room three nights and was upgraded to a King Suite the fourth night. The hotel is very charming .... very bright ... very comfortable. The staff was outstanding, and attended to every need in fine style. An example ..... there is no wine or spirits store nearby, and wanted to buy a bottle of wine to enjoy in the room. The staff was apologetic that we could not buy a bottle of wine in a nearby store, and delivered a nice bottle to enjoy that evening ..... a very graciouis act. The rooms were very nice ..... modern .... nice little touches everywhere. The beds were killer ..... some of the most comfortable that I have ever enjoyed. In all, this is a wonderful hotel in the heart of downtown ABQ. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Congratulation, Hotel Andaluz, in making our brief stay in ABQ so memorable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 25, 2011

I definitely recommend this hotel. The hotel has a unique and tasty style. It like a big Spanish classy hacienda. I even enjoyed walking into the lobby - it was as if I was walking into someone's home.

My room was big and spacey. I had enough room for two to three people. The service was excellent. I got everything I requested. Of course, tips are involved, but it is worth it. The room was also charming and clean.

The parking is not great but not bad. If you self park, you have to park in a separate garage.

The only drawback was the line to check out. It took me about 20 minutes to check out. The person checking out was very courteous but he definitely needed help.

Room Tip: request an upgrade in room, if available.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank comfort_11
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I was in town with a friend to run a marathon and had no agenda set for the weekend. The hotel staff offered great dining suggestions, arranged transportation and overall were so helpful. The room was great, modern and very comfortable. And...such a great location close to shopping and the train station...we took the train to Santa Fe for the day.
Fun happy hour in the bar-hotel has great energy!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My first time to New Mexico I found this hotel on the Stash Rewards Web site -- amazing hotel with 5 star service. My girlfriend and I stayed there and ran the Albuquerque half marathon - great location in downtown. Short cab ride to airport and Old Town. Downtown had great shopping and glaaeries, close to movie theatre and train station. The service was over the top loved it and staff was very engaging...this hotel exceeded my expectation. For those who had noise issues in the past they have corrected that issue and it is amazing -- I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed here for a combination of personal and business travel. I have severe food allergies and the hotel management and chefs bent over backwards to prepare meals that would be safe for me. On top of that, the hotel has great style and nice meeting rooms. I would definatley reccomend it to all travelers, and especially to those with food allergies.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2011

My wife and I are writing this at 11:30 PM on a Friday night at the Andaluz. Our room is under assault from the nightclub immediately below our room. The music is reverberating through the walls and windows, and, after a busy day in Albuquerque, it will be impossible to get to sleep until it stops. (The front desk told us 1 AM.) When we checked in yesterday, we were not told of this situation, and certainly we were not offered the option of a quieter room. The music is relentless and obnoxious.
The Andaluz has to decide what kind of hotel it wants to be---a party hotel that caters to a weekend group of revelers, or an establishment that matches it's elegant decor with respects for it's guests at ALL hours of the day and night. We're checking out tomorrow.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank cmitch51
andaluzmgmt, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for the loud music and the lack of sleep that you recently experienced. We should not have assigned you to a room so close to the venue. I understand that we were able to move you to a room away from the music the following day.

Beginning April 15th, we will be moving the music to a quieter location, further away from sleeping rooms and overhauling our entertainment programming . . Hotel Andaluz is committed to providing a positive experience to each of our guests. We do appreciate your comments as it allows us to better enhance and raise our service standards. If future plans have you returning to Albuquerque, please contact me directly so that we can show you some of our improvements. You can reach me at 505-923-9050 or tbyington@hotelandaluz.com. We apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for your patronage.

Troy Byington
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2011

The Andaluz got it right. Elegant and charming, but with knowing how to balance it's historic ambiance with music and DJs. Something the Standard Hotels try to do, but don't accomplish. Upon check-in, I requested an upgrade to a King which was quickly accommodated. The front desk staff are very gracious and helped me with directions and recommendations throughout my stay. The room was fantastic. The bed was great, but the bathtub was amazing! Also, I was lucky enough to be in ABQ during Restaurant Week and enjoyed a great meal at the hotel restaurant Lucia. I intended to catch a show at the Casablanca lounge, but the bed and the bath were so inviting I skipped the show and hung out in my room instead. The next morning, the restaurant staff at Lucia made me a great cappuccino and let me sit out on the patio and read for a couple of hours. No one rushed me or disturbed me. The neighborhood is great, just around the corner from some of my favorite downtown bars. I will return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about Hotel Andaluz. I was pleased to hear that your stay was a memorable one. We truly value your comments and appreciate your patronage.

Please contact me if future plans bring you back to Albuquerque. I can be best reached at tbyington@hotelandaluz.com

Troy Byington