“Fabulous Hotel and Service”
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My first time to New Mexico I found this hotel on the Stash Rewards Web site -- amazing hotel with 5 star service. My girlfriend and I stayed there and ran the Albuquerque half marathon - great location in downtown. Short cab ride to airport and Old Town. Downtown had great shopping and glaaeries, close to movie theatre and train station. The service was over the top loved it and staff was very engaging...this hotel exceeded my expectation. For those who had noise issues in the past they have corrected that issue and it is amazing -- I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,433)

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed here for a combination of personal and business travel. I have severe food allergies and the hotel management and chefs bent over backwards to prepare meals that would be safe for me. On top of that, the hotel has great style and nice meeting rooms. I would definatley reccomend it to all travelers, and especially to those with food allergies.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2011

My wife and I are writing this at 11:30 PM on a Friday night at the Andaluz. Our room is under assault from the nightclub immediately below our room. The music is reverberating through the walls and windows, and, after a busy day in Albuquerque, it will be impossible to get to sleep until it stops. (The front desk told us 1 AM.) When we checked in yesterday, we were not told of this situation, and certainly we were not offered the option of a quieter room. The music is relentless and obnoxious.
The Andaluz has to decide what kind of hotel it wants to be---a party hotel that caters to a weekend group of revelers, or an establishment that matches it's elegant decor with respects for it's guests at ALL hours of the day and night. We're checking out tomorrow.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank cmitch51
andaluzmgmt, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for the loud music and the lack of sleep that you recently experienced. We should not have assigned you to a room so close to the venue. I understand that we were able to move you to a room away from the music the following day.

Beginning April 15th, we will be moving the music to a quieter location, further away from sleeping rooms and overhauling our entertainment programming . . Hotel Andaluz is committed to providing a positive experience to each of our guests. We do appreciate your comments as it allows us to better enhance and raise our service standards. If future plans have you returning to Albuquerque, please contact me directly so that we can show you some of our improvements. You can reach me at 505-923-9050 or tbyington@hotelandaluz.com. We apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for your patronage.

Troy Byington
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2011

The Andaluz got it right. Elegant and charming, but with knowing how to balance it's historic ambiance with music and DJs. Something the Standard Hotels try to do, but don't accomplish. Upon check-in, I requested an upgrade to a King which was quickly accommodated. The front desk staff are very gracious and helped me with directions and recommendations throughout my stay. The room was fantastic. The bed was great, but the bathtub was amazing! Also, I was lucky enough to be in ABQ during Restaurant Week and enjoyed a great meal at the hotel restaurant Lucia. I intended to catch a show at the Casablanca lounge, but the bed and the bath were so inviting I skipped the show and hung out in my room instead. The next morning, the restaurant staff at Lucia made me a great cappuccino and let me sit out on the patio and read for a couple of hours. No one rushed me or disturbed me. The neighborhood is great, just around the corner from some of my favorite downtown bars. I will return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about Hotel Andaluz. I was pleased to hear that your stay was a memorable one. We truly value your comments and appreciate your patronage.

Please contact me if future plans bring you back to Albuquerque. I can be best reached at tbyington@hotelandaluz.com

Troy Byington
Hotel Manager
Hotel Andaluz

Reviewed March 26, 2011

I never thought a small boutique historic hotel would have a nightclub. But then the location outdoors under a tent below all the rooms basically tells the guests that the management really doesn't care as much about the hotel guests as it does about making more money. Really loud music with deep reverberating sound shook the room despite the management placing thick foam pads on the windows and then gave us ear plugs. We could still hear the music. Also, we asked for a quiet room on checkin and still they placed us above the nightclub. Sorry, but we are not returning to this otherwise fine hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank sinusseeker
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Spent a couple of months at this property, can't say too many good things about it or the staff. They were always at the ready to accommodate us, not an easy task. Rooms were more than comfortable, and the staff paid close attention to detail. The Ibiza bar was a great place to have a drink after work (thanks again Christina, Jim, Victor, Lisa, et al), and transforms to a well-appointed night club on the weekends. Meals at Lucia were always first class, and the location of the property makes it easy to walk to other restaurants for pub fare, etc. Thanks again, Hotel Andaluz, you're an oasis in the desert.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We were very happy with our room at the Andaluz Hotel. The bed was comfortable; the room was large and nicely decorated. We were on the side of the hotel that faces Route 66 which was very noisey until about 3:00 am every morning, so I would recommend asking for a room on the other side of the building. Maybe it wouldn't be so loud! The hotel staff was not very friendly or helpful....resturant was expensive we paid $25 for breakfast/2 people...food was ok but not worth the price! Upon check-out I was charged for the total amount of my room charge, which I had already paid for through Priceline! Be sure to check your bill when leaving the hotel! We were also given the wrong "walking" directions to Old Town (by front desk staff) and ended up walking almost 2 miles in the wrong direction and then back again...When I brought this to the attention of the staff and asked for a taxi instead, I was not even given an apology for the mix-up....Hotel is beautiful however the staff needs much improvement!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple