1,497 results
All reviewsconvention centerforque restaurantself parkinghotel restaurantdowntown areanice hotelvalet servicehomeless peoplelobby barfront desk staffcentral avenueold townbusiness triproom was largenob hillnew mexicoballoon fiesta
Reviewed December 13, 2010

The hotel is just fine. Nice lobby, super-friendly and helpful staff. It's just that the rooms are exceedingly plain. The bathrooms were adequate, but not well-appointed. Usually, when I go to a Hyatt Regency, I expect things to be a bit more plush.

The location is great if you're going to a convention at the Convention Center. The meeting rooms were nice, and the catered event I attended had fantastic food. We lucked out and saw some of the Christmas Parade of Lights from our room.

The restaurant, McGrath's, has good food, but the hostess had to be convinced to help accommodate our request for a table for a large group with one member in a wheelchair. That should never happen -- a very friendly waiter did rearrange the tables for us though.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
VIPAmbassador, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Dear theaquitaine,
I sincerely apologize that you found your accommodations lacking. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations and I regret that we did not exceed yours.
While we are one of the few Hyatt Regencies that unfortunately does not have a Regency Club, we strive to ensure our guests feel surrounded by luxury in other ways. We are in the midst of a large scale renovation that includes the installation of new flat screen TV's, thermostats, a new restaurant, a new lobby, and new guest room corridors. We aim to be a home away from home for all our business and leisure travelers and hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with excellent service, among state of the art surroundings, during your next stay!

Reviewed December 8, 2010

Plusses:
First let me say the staff was very friendly, efficient and helpful. Several people went above and beyond in caring for our needs, which were many, due to the size of our group. Hassan (valet), Frank (front desk) and Gil and Theresa (banquets) were particularly helpful.
There is a very nice restaurant onsite with better than good but not great fare. There were some things on the room service menu that they happily made me at a bit more effort but not cost. The salads were good, the wrap was delicious and I had the best mushroom soup of my life there. They also had sweet potato fries, in-house made potato chips and numerous other goodies. The portions were more generous than I have typically experienced in hotel restaurants and not drastically expensive. In fact I would say a good value.
There is also a Starbucks in the lobby (a definite plus), Kiva Juice, a small gift store where I suggest you get bottled water, though they only had small ones, if you didn't bring your own.
Minuses:
Our main disappointments were regarding the condition of the rooms, not meeting the pre-arranged and agreed upon terms of our stay (which should have been minimal but they chose to quibble), difficulty finding our way (more on this later), no free internet and the inabilty to get room service for lunch though lunch items are included on the menu.
The hair in the room was disgusting! The carpet had so much hair on it if you dropped something you picked up hair with it. Such an easy thing to care for and yet....There was also hair in some of the towels. Yuk! There is no refridgerator in the room so keep this in mind. The staff was good enough to bring us one but I don't know if that is policy. The sheets on the king size beds are way too small so they come off during the night which interferes with sleep quality, in my opinion. We asked for a fitted sheet and that helped. The linens were not what you would expect in a nice hotel. Very worn.
The room was hard to find because there were no signs when we got off the elevator, at least on our floor, others had them. This was also true of the athletic/exercise room though it is listed on the elevator. If you don't find someone to show you where it is you may never find it. Perhaps they will fix this soon?
Can you believe that this day and age they wouldn't offer free internet service? Ten dollars a day may not seem like much unless you are staying a week and you have a lot of rooms.
We belong to the Hyatt Gold Passports Club because we travel a lot. They have a floor just for these clients! You may think you are special but since we were part of a large family group (over 10 rooms) we saw lots of other rooms and there was absolutely no difference...not even a bottle of water.
Speaking of water you may not want to drink that nice liter bottle placed by the glasses- it costs $5. This is why I suggest you get water in the gift shop or bring your own.
The pool is outside which is fine for the warm 4-5 months of the year but we are talking high altitude which means a cooler climate most of the time.
All-in-all:
I would recommend this hotel to some of my friends... but not others. It was a good value but I would prefer to stay somewhere a little more expensive but cleaner. Since I can't say yes and no I will say yes but you know my reservations.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank thomasapayne

Dear thomasapayne,
I greatly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. The concerns you experienced are certainly not indicative of the level of service we strive for.
It is hotel policy to provide a hotel and coffee maker upon request, however when making your next reservation, simply indicate your fridge request to the reservationist and we will have one pre-placed in your room to avoid the inconvenience.
We always appreciate guest feedback and use it as a training opportunity for our staff. Our housekeeping department will certainly be coached on this matter. Again, I deeply apologize.
Furthermore, we are in the process of renovating the hotel, including the guest room corridors and hope that as a result, during your next stay you will not have such difficulty locating the guest rooms or the 24hour fitness facilities.
Please feel free to contact me if there is anything further I can assist you with. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed December 1, 2010

This is my first trip to Albuquerque and therefore to this Hyatt Regency. I found a great rate online under $100/night so I decided to check it out. Although this hotel is no where near the same as other Hyatt Regencys in terms of amenities, the excellent service from the staff clearly make up for it.

I checked in for 2 nights and was given a room on the 12th floor with a great view. The room was spacious, clean, and tasteful. Although it could probably use a slight updating, I was very happy. Service during my stay was equally meticulous.

The internet offered by the hotel is TMobile, so if you already have an account with them - you are set. $9.99 for a day pass is reasonable, especially when you consider that its good at any TMobile in the US! So, you can get your money's worth!

The pool was closed but looked like it would be fun (its outdoors and just too cold!) The 24hr fitness center was great! There is no hotel parking - they use a city lot so expect to pay $12. However, the meters are 2hr parking form 8am-6pm, so if you are out most of the day you can simply park on the street for free. $2 at 8am and you are good til 10am. I was lucky that the Parking pay station was down. I called the phone number on it and they said they were having problems and I would not get a ticket. I never did - so my parking was free! The business center is some kiosks in the lobby and those computers are not cheap! ($7.50 for 15mins - prints extra!)

The staff were just exceptional! Super friendly and seemed to go out of their way for all the guests. They are full of knowledge and there is a lot to do in the area! Make sure to sign up for the GoldPassport program- they will give you some bonuses! There is Starbucks in the lobby and walking distance to many places to eat 2-3 blocks away. The library, theater, cinema, and other great places all within a few blocks so no need for a car if you are just staying in the area.

The hotel restaurant was a bit pricey - so try to get a rate that includes breakfast. They have a great menu line up. Waffles, Huevos (but no Rancheros) - thats the name, I swear- and many more! The waiters and waitresses were AMAZING! Every person greeted me and had ear to ear smiles!

All in all I would stay here again. A great place and I am sure there are some great deals and rates out there!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

papithewriter,
Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are delighted you chose to stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Although the hotel was nice there were some things that were in dire need of updating. My wife was there for a conference and I tagged along. The room was very nice, great view of the mountains and city, but the television needed to be updated, and the selection of channel were quite limited.
Another item I found annoying was the usage of room keys to access the elevators, 9 out of 10 tries the card would not allow access to the car. If your hand were full it was very hard to set everything down and place the card in the reader, time after time before getting the green light. I understand it was for security reasons but all anyone had to do was wait until someone else entered the car to ride up.
Another thing which made our group nervous were the panhandlers on the street in front and around the hotel, although they did not bother me, at 6 foot, 230 pounds and a look a like of R.Lee, they certainly bother the ladies in our group. Often begging them for money or cigarettes. In fact , I have not seen this many vagrant on the streets sense I visited D.C. The police presents did not seem to deter their advance toward the ladies in our group. Certainly Albuquerque need to work on this problem.
The staff was helpful and friendly and parking was excellent., most everyone was friendly. The restaurant food was good but typically priced for a high class hotel, expensive! A good value if you get group or conference rates . Our room rate was $125 not bad for this class hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank highbill

Dear highbill,
Thank you for your feedback!
I regret that you ever felt unsafe while staying with us! While being in the heart of downtown does present certain challenges that are part of urban life, I wish to assure you that our security team tirelessly works to ensure that you are always safe. Our elevator key system, while sometimes frustrating, is just one example of the security measures in place for our guests.
In addition, we just finished the installation of all new flat screen TV's in all of our guest rooms to make your entertainment viewing experience more pleasurable.
I look forward to your next stay so that we may exceed your expectations!

Reviewed November 9, 2010

Clean and quiet. The room was spacious enough for two with room to spare. Staff was helpful, especially the Enterprise Car Rental associate. The hotel's dining room was a highlight -- good food, good service, nice atmosphere. For an upscale hotel, it could have used some in-room amenities, especially a coffee maker.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear WVfanCharleston_WV ,
We appreciate your feedback!
I understand you were dissatisfied at not having a coffeemaker provided in your room. It is our policy to provide coffee makers and full coffee service upon request. However, we are more than happy to have a coffee maker pre-placed in your room for your next stay. Merely alert the reservationist to place that designation on your reservation, and we are more than happy to accommodate you. We also offer complementary coffee in our lobby from 5-7am, in addition to the Starbucks located in our lobby, which opens daily at 6am. As a Gold Passport member you are entitled to a complementary Grande Starbucks drip coffee or Tazo tea every day of your stay. I invite you to contact me if you would like to discuss the matter further and to see how we might be better able to accommodate you.