“Great spot for a conference”

Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
Ranked #25 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed at this Hyatt while helping to run a conference. Their meeting services personnel were very efficient and attentive. I don't recall a single thing going wrong.

The front desk staff was especially good. We had a long and complicated rooming list, but no reservations were mishandled. They were even pleasant and accomodating to the attendee who threw a fit at not getting a hypoallergenic room (which she'd never requested).

I was lucky enough to have some free time, so the Enterprise car rental in the lobby was very handy.

The room service staff was very helpful, and came to my room to open a beer for me (should've looked for screw-off caps!). in fact, they made a return trip after I was in the shower the first time around. Housekeeping was consistently good as well. After a couple icky experiences in other hotels, I no longer take this for granted. The guys at valet parking/bell service were also very friendly and helpful.

The neighborhood around the hotel looked a bit sketchy, but nobody actually bothered me.

Overall, it was a very positive experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed July 11, 2010

This hotel is reasonably well-located, however, surrounding area is a bit dicey. Facility is in need of a serious capital infusion. Zero amenities...fee for wifi, no coffee in room, towel shortage, $12-$16 fee for parking overnight. Listed as offering AAA hotel discount rate, but advised AAA rate was not being offered that night upon arrival. Valet staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one week. I found it to be the most expensive hotel of our road trip. We did get free breakfast and free parking during our stay. Second night I had a bad experience with a film crew in the bar. The security tried to throw me out of the hotel as I almost stumbled onto the set without knowing. There was no signs or any information about the scheduled recording. Although it was not the hotel's fault, I did complain to the front desk staff about it. They gave us a $50 credit and to our surprise they gave us a free fruit basket. Very nice touch from the assistant front desk manager.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I traveled here on my honeymoon. When they found out we were on our honeymoon, the front desk lady got super excited. She asked to see my ring and told me they loved brides and newlyweds. ( I guess they do several weddings there, if you're interested). They gave us free breakfasts the whole time we were there. She made sure we had a good room as well.

The room itself was just ok, but the service was what made this place a repeat. It was clean, and service was great.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

Stayed here for a quick overnight after attending an Albuquerque Isotopes game (really fun thing to do!), and we were treated to view of the city from the 19th floor. The hotel has 20 floors, and looks to be the tallest building in town, so this is about as high as you can get without being on a mountain or a balloon. We woke up early to see a few balloon taking morning runs from the Balloon Fiesta Park (several miles away). This room must be some coveted and hard to reserve real estate during Balloon Fiesta in October!

Room itself was plenty spacious, spotless and quite comfortable.

Upon check in we were given cards for a free coffee at the Starbucks in the lobby. As someone who likes his morning coffee, I was really pleased to discover that this applied not just the yucky Starbucks house coffee, but as a credit against whatever you wanted to order (Americano please). Wow- a freebie that didn't turn into a hassle, how nice!

The staff we encountered were truly friendly and professional, we will be back. (if we can score another deal on Priceline)

Reviewed June 22, 2010

This hotel offers excellent comfort and value for money, well up to the standard one would expect from Hyatt. We were particularly impressed by the helpfulness of the front-desk staff. There was a complication about our booking - wholly due to an error on our part - and the reception staff went to endless lengths to sort it out for us. The location of the hotel - close to a freeway - is a major point in its favour. We thoroughly recommend it and will use it again if in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isidore
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We were greeted cordially from the valet to the front desk personnel. Room was as requested. Room was neat and the bed was almost as comfortable as home. Easy to find and get to. We had drinks at McGrath's in the lobby and the wait staff was quite attentive. I got a great rate through Hotwire. As with many high priced hotels, the only free internet is in the lobby.