“When did the Hyatt become a Holiday Inn?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Albuquerque

Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lambertville, NJ
“When did the Hyatt become a Holiday Inn?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Actually, that's not fair to the Holiday Inn. I take that back. When did Hyatts dumb down their brand so drastically? My husband and i travel frequently and stay at all sorts of hotels and I can tell you from our experience this weekend, as well as other stories gathered from our colleagues, this was far and away the worst stay ever.

1) My husband had a single box shipped to the hotel. He was charged $10 to receive it. That has never happened before.
2) The room, a "business floor" upgrade, was grim and absolutely devoid of any amenities: no make-up mirror, no bath mats most of the time, two wafer-thin soaps that weren't replenished, thin and worn towels (which were washed every day, in this water-starved desert). Of course, no robes, cotton balls, sewing kits. Maybe i'm just spoiled.
3) But here's the kicker: I ordered my Saturday morning breakfast by phone on Friday at 9:00PM, as did one of my associates in another room, and was confirmed a delivery of 6:15AM. By 6:20, no b'fast, so i called the room service. Gregorio announced that, not only was my breakfast not ready, but that they were busy with a large group (ours) and that he couldn't bring it in until 7:00 (too late for me, i had to go to work). When i replied that i had ordered the day before and should therefore be first on the wheel, he didn't give me an explanation. I hung up and called the main hotel number to speak to the manager on duty. I was told that they wouldn't be in until 7:00. When i asked who was on duty AT THE MOMENT, I was told, and i quote, "No one."
My associate got a call to let her know that her breakfast would not be showing up.
4) Friends gripes: sheets left from previous guest; no hot water for afternoon shower; 10-min wait for elevator.

If you can stay at the Andaluz, that might be a much better use of your money.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SuzanneP78
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
HI SuzanneP78:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I know this takes a great deal of time and we value your feedback! I'm also disappointed to read that your stay was less than positive. As a convention services hotel, we do charge a $10 delivery fee and apologize that you were unaware of this.

In addition, we've enhanced our in-room dining situation and your comments have been used in an effort to better our in-room dining experience for future guests.

In order to ensure an "Excellent" stay, complimentary amenities (to include robes, cotton balls and a host of many other items) are also available at the Front Desk and we can have someone bring it right to your room.

We hope you'll come back and stay with us again the next time you're in town to our improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Gold Canyon, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and enjoyed it. After reviewing some of the reviews, we were concerned…..needlessly I might add. We had a nice stay, and got a great deal.

Breanna at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. She gave us a view room on the 10th floor. It was clean, had an updated flat screen TV, comfy hyatt bed, the bathroom was spotless and had all the bath products.

After lugging up a case of water we realized that the room didn’t have a refrigerator. We called Breanna, she had one delivered within minutes. Thank you Breanna. PS, there wasn’t an in room safe for all the gadgets. However, they do have them at the front desk for your use.

Wifi is available and free for Hyatt platinum level, otherwise there is a fee. Also, Breanna advised us that since they didn’t have the regency club, that coffees at Starbucks is on them. Each day, we enjoyed two large Starbucks coffees on the hotel. That was nice.

What we really like about this hotel’s location, is that Central Avenue (Route 66) is a block away. Every type of restaurant is right there within walking distance.

The cleaning staff kept our room and bath spotlessly clean and well stocked with bath products during our stay. We didn’t have any of the problems other reviewers mentioned and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: The AAA bed and breakfast price, was a great deal. The breakfasts were really good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear AZcartrip:

Thank you for recognizing Breanna's Excellent customer service at check-in. We are excited to read that you had a very positive stay and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Thanks for reviewing us.
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect as it was our first trip to Albuquerque. I would recommend the Hyatt Regency for anyone needing to stay downtown. Our room was very cool during the day, but seemed to warm during the night. Staff was very friendly. Elevator was very fast but nice as well. Facility was great for the conference.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank aggieobr
Dear aggieobr:

Thank you for staying with us and recognizing our friendly staff. Seems like overall, you have a great visit with us. Please let us know when your back this way so that we can welcome you.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stated here overnight one evening while on the way from Phoenix to Denver. Good hotel for the money. Walking distance to downtown eats and drinks. Very pleasant staff with convienant and secure parking in the building. Didn't eat at hotel. Rooms could stand some freshening and remodel soon. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul R:

We believe that we have a "Nice downtown hotel" too and appreciate you providing your feedback regarding your stay. We will be undergoing a rejuventating makeover and look forward to seeing you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This is where we like to spend our anniversaries. Although the rooms are a bit run down and need updating you cannot beat the beautiful views and relaxing atmosphere. I recommend a room facing the mountains. With this view it's easy to forget you're in a large resort. It is very peaceful. In the evenings it is great to sit on the balcony area outside the bar and relax and have drinks. They have tiki torches and fire pits that add to the atmosphere.

As I mentioned earlier the rooms are a bit run down though. Carpeting throughout the hotel is old and dirty. The bathroom in our room smelled of mildew and the fan in it did not work.

Overall the peaceful atmosphere outweighs the need for some serious updating. I would recommend this hotel for anybody who needs some relaxation in their life.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaymarti:

So glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back! Thank you for your wonderful comments. See you soon!
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First time guest and I could be more pleased. Not sure why this hotel is rated so low?! If there are 51 hotels better than the Hyatt in Albuquerque I'd like to know where they are---if for no other reason than I can't imagine there are even 52 hotels in Albuquerque!! For me, ultra-friendly check-in experience, large well appointed room for a very reasonable rate of $135, fine meal at hotel restaurant "Forque"---I don't get all the gripes because for me, and I travel A LOT, I wish all the hotels I visit were as exemplary as the Albuquerque Hyatt!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank mikeinscca
Dear mikeinscca:

Wow! Thank you for the exciting remarks regarding your first time visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Centreville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Overall our stay was excellent. The rooms were clean and quiet. if arriving late you may want to stop and eat somewhere because the one restaurant closes at 10:00 pm and room service is only until midnight. The valet staff were very friendly and helpful. I really think when you book your room they should include parking or at the very least mention the cost prior to booking.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Driveall
Dear 303Seth:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were unaware of the $16 Self and $20 Valet parking charges. We have attempted to ensure that all websites list the prices, but may have perhaps, missed a listing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to having you back as our guest.