We were in Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta. This property is located a reasonable distance away and right near 2nd Street which you can ride straight down to get to the Fiesta without getting on the highway which is jammed on Fiesta mornings. The downside of the location is that Central Avenue is a bit seedy with "gentlemans clubs" and biker bars galore. Everything else was out of business. We tried to walk to a decent restaurant for lunch and couldn't find anything but pizza. Forque, the lobby restaurant, was already closed. So be ready to drive to anything you want to see or do or eat.
The room was fine, beds good. There was no safe in the room, unheard of in this day and age. Also unacceptable is charging for internet. At a Hyatt Regency this should be included. Bottled water for $5? Are you kidding?
We had breakfast in the restaurant, Forque, and it was acceptable. Service was good and the food was hot. We did not eat from the buffet as there were alot of people in the room which tends to make me stay away, but the menu was plenty and we got decent value for the price.
Part of the focus seems to be the many shops in the lobby. A little more attention to guest value would be appreciated. I understand from staff that this property was recently purchased and will be upgraded. Some amenities would be useful.
We're going back to the Balloon Fiesta next year but will try another hotel. This wasn't worth the money I spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque offers the quintessential location for both business and leisure travelers. Make yourself at home in your spacious guestroom, explore the shops and events in our downtown neighborhood, or lounge at the pool between meetings. Here, you’ll find that productivity and relaxation are constants during your time in Albuquerque. WHAT MAKES A SEAMLESS STAY: SPACIOUS ROOMS: 382 guestrooms including 8 different upgrade options MEETINGS MADE EASIER: 30,000 sq ft of flexible, indoor meeting space with unique venues and a dedicated staff LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE: Situated across the street from the Albuquerque Convention Center, and moments away from dining, shopping, and entertainment ECLECTIC DINING: 5 on-site dining possibilities including seasonal menus and vegetarian options PLENTY OF PLACES TO RELAX: Read, enjoy a bite to eat and stay connected with free Wi-Fi in our light and airy atrium, or go for a dip in our recently renovated, rooftop pool complete with oversize hot tub. Outdoor fire pit coming soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque