First the good things - when we arrived, we were told our AAA discount covered 2 entries and 2 drinks and breakfast at the attached restaurant, Forque. We asked the desk clerk twice to confirm because that sounded like the best AAA discount ever! Dinner was really superb, way better than the usual hotel restaurant. Breakfast was standard menu affair, or an all you can eat buffet which we opted for, that had a nice selection of hot and cold breakfast items, including eggs cooked to your preference and a nice fresh fruit bar. Of course, upon checkout we were told that our dinner was not included in our AAA membership, but when we said that we were told that by the desk clerk the previous day, they didn't argue at all and comped our dinner($150 - those must have been some pricey specials!). That was good, because it was really the restaurant that made the hotel.
I've never stayed at a Hyatt, but I will say for this caliber of hotel, it didn't seem up to snuff. The pool is "rooftop", but as previous reviewers mentioned, it's really on the roof of the 3rd floor. Nothing particularly special. The room was very clean and comfortable, but came w/o a mini-fridge or microwave (You can ask the desk for a microwave, but they were all out). Even Holiday Inn Express and La Quinta have these items standard - I don't understand why the fancier hotels don't have them. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but we were in Downtown Alb for a particular event - if I was staying in Alb again, I might opt to stay at a less expensive hotel and just go to Forque for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque offers the quintessential location for both business and leisure travelers. Make yourself at home in your spacious guestroom, explore the shops and events in our downtown neighborhood, or lounge at the pool between meetings. Here, you’ll find that productivity and relaxation are constants during your time in Albuquerque. WHAT MAKES A SEAMLESS STAY: SPACIOUS ROOMS: 382 guestrooms including 8 different upgrade options MEETINGS MADE EASIER: 30,000 sq ft of flexible, indoor meeting space with unique venues and a dedicated staff LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE: Situated across the street from the Albuquerque Convention Center, and moments away from dining, shopping, and entertainment ECLECTIC DINING: 5 on-site dining possibilities including seasonal menus and vegetarian options PLENTY OF PLACES TO RELAX: Read, enjoy a bite to eat and stay connected with free Wi-Fi in our light and airy atrium, or go for a dip in our recently renovated, rooftop pool complete with oversize hot tub. Outdoor fire pit coming soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque