First the good things - when we arrived, we were told our AAA discount covered 2 entries and 2 drinks and breakfast at the attached restaurant, Forque. We asked the desk clerk twice to confirm because that sounded like the best AAA discount ever! Dinner was really superb, way better than the usual hotel restaurant. Breakfast was standard menu affair, or an all you can eat buffet which we opted for, that had a nice selection of hot and cold breakfast items, including eggs cooked to your preference and a nice fresh fruit bar. Of course, upon checkout we were told that our dinner was not included in our AAA membership, but when we said that we were told that by the desk clerk the previous day, they didn't argue at all and comped our dinner($150 - those must have been some pricey specials!). That was good, because it was really the restaurant that made the hotel.
I've never stayed at a Hyatt, but I will say for this caliber of hotel, it didn't seem up to snuff. The pool is "rooftop", but as previous reviewers mentioned, it's really on the roof of the 3rd floor. Nothing particularly special. The room was very clean and comfortable, but came w/o a mini-fridge or microwave (You can ask the desk for a microwave, but they were all out). Even Holiday Inn Express and La Quinta have these items standard - I don't understand why the fancier hotels don't have them. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but we were in Downtown Alb for a particular event - if I was staying in Alb again, I might opt to stay at a less expensive hotel and just go to Forque for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque