For as much as they charge, we expected complimentary wi-fi (nope), better housekeeping (had to hunt down for shampoo, then she only spoke Spanish), and we laughed upon seeing the bottle of Aquafina for "only" $5 (same bottle at 7/11: $1.79). Concierge has little info regarding restaurants in the area (directed us to a bar whose kitchen had closed an hour before) and while location is close to Convention Center, the abundance of homeless hoarded in the area made any excursion after dark unpleasant. Watching a guy urinate next to the parking garage we were instructed to use (which was not manned at night, btw) did not give any confidence in security or safety. We ended up escorting the women we were with to any location outside the hotel proper, including the parking garage, after they were harrassed and followed back to the hotel by several drunk homeless guys who screamed obscenities the whole time due to the refusal to give money or the tacos they were carrying (which was one of the few places to get food in the area, and which was $50+ for a dozen crappy tacos and sides, what?!). When we asked about this lack of information or notification of aggressive homeless people in the area, we got a shrug and a "everyone knows about it". Maybe locals do, but a hotel & it's staff cannot think that all guests in their hotel are locals! Albuquerque needs to work with shelters, the VA, something....dozens of drunk or high vagrants threatening us and even each other, public urination, all of this next to a "luxury" property we paid hundreds of dollars to stay in, on top of the same service & treatment I would expect from a Super 8 is laughable. No free wi-fi, no replacement on standard coffee (we were given more decaf?), staff that doesn't speak English or know what is available in the area AND that forgets to mention the swarm of homeless around their property? Step it up, Hyatt. Next time, I'll book at a cheaper hotel and use the savings to buy water, wi-fi and upgrade to a room with a fridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque offers the quintessential location for both business and leisure travelers. Make yourself at home in your spacious guestroom, explore the shops and events in our downtown neighborhood, or lounge at the pool between meetings. Here, you’ll find that productivity and relaxation are constants during your time in Albuquerque. SPACIOUS ROOMS: 382 guestrooms including 8 different upgrade options MEETINGS MADE EASIER: 30,000 sq ft of flexible, indoor meeting space with unique venues and a dedicated staff LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE: Situated across the street from the Albuquerque Convention Center, and moments away from dining, shopping, and entertainment ECLECTIC DINING: 5 on-site dining possibilities including seasonal menus and vegetarian options PLENTY OF PLACES TO RELAX: Read, enjoy a bite to eat and stay connected with free Wi-Fi in our light and airy atrium, or go for a dip in our recently renovated, rooftop pool complete with an oversized hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque