“Meh.”

Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 29, 2013

For as much as they charge, we expected complimentary wi-fi (nope), better housekeeping (had to hunt down for shampoo, then she only spoke Spanish), and we laughed upon seeing the bottle of Aquafina for "only" $5 (same bottle at 7/11: $1.79). Concierge has little info regarding restaurants in the area (directed us to a bar whose kitchen had closed an hour before) and while location is close to Convention Center, the abundance of homeless hoarded in the area made any excursion after dark unpleasant. Watching a guy urinate next to the parking garage we were instructed to use (which was not manned at night, btw) did not give any confidence in security or safety. We ended up escorting the women we were with to any location outside the hotel proper, including the parking garage, after they were harrassed and followed back to the hotel by several drunk homeless guys who screamed obscenities the whole time due to the refusal to give money or the tacos they were carrying (which was one of the few places to get food in the area, and which was $50+ for a dozen crappy tacos and sides, what?!). When we asked about this lack of information or notification of aggressive homeless people in the area, we got a shrug and a "everyone knows about it". Maybe locals do, but a hotel & it's staff cannot think that all guests in their hotel are locals! Albuquerque needs to work with shelters, the VA, something....dozens of drunk or high vagrants threatening us and even each other, public urination, all of this next to a "luxury" property we paid hundreds of dollars to stay in, on top of the same service & treatment I would expect from a Super 8 is laughable. No free wi-fi, no replacement on standard coffee (we were given more decaf?), staff that doesn't speak English or know what is available in the area AND that forgets to mention the swarm of homeless around their property? Step it up, Hyatt. Next time, I'll book at a cheaper hotel and use the savings to buy water, wi-fi and upgrade to a room with a fridge.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank TravelsWithZest
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

TravelsWithZest: I am so sorry about your experience at our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to have an excellent experience. I appreciate the specifics regarding the problems you encountered. Please, rest assured, we will address and retrain in order to improve the quality of your next stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is everything you need to have a great stay in the best location in down Albuquerque. It just walking distance from the civic center, restaurants and night life. The hotel has valet and self-parking. The staff is very helpful and the lobby has free Wi-Fi and Starbucks

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

katie1898: Thank you so much for your glowing review. We're glad you had a great stay and find us to be the best location in downtown Albuquerque and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Upon arrival my bathroom sink has a sewer smell, I left a note for the maid. The next day it was still there and no call or other indication it was fixed. The hotel was "full" for a meeting and at 9 in the evening I could not get through to room service for 30 min. After calling the operator she said I could call and they would answer. The person said the delivery would take 2 hrs! A hotel of this caliber should be ready for large room service calls when they are full. Food service manager needs training. I also got up two hours early than necessary due to the clock being two hours ahead. The maid should check these items. The man at the checkout only offered to remove my evening meal at $25 off my bill. I insisted they take an entire day's cost off due to three things that should not happen in a 4-star hotel. Only because the line behind me was getting longer did he agree to $75 but still would not take the entire day's room cost off.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, you'll bet better service at the DoubleTree one block away--I stayed there...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Gene F, thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque in June 2013. We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding as your feedback helps us to continuously improve and provide the high standards you expect from Hyatt. We have taken on board all the comments you have provided us with for further improvement of our services and facilities.

I only hope that we will have another opportunity to restore your faith in the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and demonstrate the world-class service that defines our core values.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is located right across the street from the Conference Center in downtown Albuquerque. It is a very large hotel with an indoor shopping plaza with Starbucks off the lobby. The room was a typical hotel room. A little larger than some. Unfortunately there was some stains on the bedcovers of one of the beds that turned my daughter off, the grout around the tub had some staining and needed a better cleaning and there was no hair dryer in the room. Room service was ok but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us, Leelorisc, while in the Duke City! Our team appreciates you taking the time to complete a review and highlighting your concerns.

Hairdryers for guest use are readily available and located in every guestroom closet. In addition, we conducted a thorough inspection of all bedcovers and removed any that were not up to standards.

We apologize that you we did not exceed your expectations of our hotel. We would love to have you back to see our changes. Please contact me directly to assist with any needs should your travel plans bring you back to Albuquerque.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I arrived at 2:00pm and a king suite wasn't ready for check-in so Gilbert offered me a double with a view of the mountains, it was a really nice view. Gilbert also signed me up for Hyatt Passport rewards so I could get a free Starbucks coffee everyday and free Wall Street Journal. Room was clean, neat and very comfortable. The next day I stopped in before Ana had gotten to my room and I first told her not to worry about cleaning but then I changed my mind and she was very thorough. I realized I forgot my deodorant and it was delivered "discreetly" to my room. Went to lunch at Forque that I will review separately, but it was good food and good service. I had breakfast delivered to my room the last day and felt like a princess, a great way to end a business trip. Every employee I interacted with was very friendly, the hotel was real clean and really exceeded my expectations. I definitely recommend this to anyone for work or play.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Our genuine thanks to you, MTflyer, for taking the time to submit a review of the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and recognizing Gilbert's and Ana's attentive services. It is very pleasing to read that you recommend our hotel for "work or play" and felt the need to share your experience with us and other reviewers.

Our entire team welcomes you back for another memorable experience in our hotel. See you soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt when I presented at a professional conference last year. The hotel was clean, room was quite big, and the beddings were decent as well. However, when we got to our room and I needed to get some work done, we found out we could not get on the Internet. The receptionist rubbed us the wrong way when she told us that to get an Internet, we will have to pay $10 or $15 a night during the conference. I was sure I checked on the Internet access before I booked the hotel, because I knew, I would need to get some work done after my arrival, so they had to make the change after I made my reservation. In the end, after some arguing, I was able to get the Internet without paying the fee and couple days later, I found a fruit & nuts plate in the room with a letter of apology. The other guests who attended the conference with me all complained about not having or being charged for the Internet.

Room Tip: They charge a fee for refrigerator, however, if you are staying a few days, it may be worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you, Vera L, for your very important feedback as it has been shared with the relevant departments.

The Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is known for its friendly, helpful staff which we always strive to answer our guests wishes. Please let me know when you are back in the area and so that I may personally look after your stay. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel is in a great location - right in downtown Albuquerque. The hotel was clean and the staff members were very nice. The room was a good size for the price too. The only "bad" thing I have to say is that our room was facing the backside of other buildings so there wasn't really a view. BUT we weren't in the room that much so it didn't really matter. I liked the fact that we didn't have to walk down a long hallway to get to our room. All the rooms were pretty much right off the elevator. We were in the gift shop/store every day and the employees were always friendly. (They also have a coffee shop, clothing store and restaurant in the lobby/ground floor area.) Since this was out first time in Albuquerque, we need directions to pretty much everything. The concierge Mary was extremely kind and helpful. She gave us good tips about where to eat and what to see, plus she gave us a map and highlighted where we needed to go. That is a great service this hotel provides. If I ever make it back to Albuquerque I will definitely be staying here again! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Hi Aimee K:

Our genuine thanks to you for taking the time to submit your review of The Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and the expert concierge service we offer. It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt the need to share your experience with us and also other reviewers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque soon.