“Good Stay---Scary Dinner”

Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Overall this is a very nice and well run hotel. The rooms are large and very clean. The furnishings are ok and will need to be updated soon. The staff is excellent. The two minor issues with my room were taken care of promptly and without further follow up. The check in and check out process was excellent. All members of the staff were very helpful and professional in every aspect of their job. The team that supported our seminar was very friendly and extremely efficient.

The only negative feedback was spotting two mice running around the Forque Resturant during dinner. The staff was excellent and handled the unsettling situation very well. They did inform us that they were working on the mouse infestation problem for some time and hoped to have it taken care of very soon. I appreciate their concern, however, rodents in the resturant is not very sanitary and ruined our otherwise well prepared dinner. I should note that the hotel did pay for our meal.

Room Tip: Make sure you have your Hyatt Gold Card. You get free internet, a daily cup of coffee at Starbuck...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Greetings from the Land of Enchantment, Zebra11: Thank you for being a Hyatt Gold Passport Member and taking advantages of Hyatt's program's perks. We do appreciate your feedback and for recognizing our attentive staff during your seminar.

Please accept our deepest regret in this manner. We have just discovered the mice issue and have worked with a reputable pest control company to quickly remedy it. We will constantly monitor the issue and regret your dining experience did not meet expectations.

Please contact me whenever you return to our hotel so that I can personally look after your stay. I want to ensure that you remember us for all the right reasons! See you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

For someone who's worked in hotels for the last 5 years, I was very impressed with this hotel. Very nice staff, updated rooms, and rooms that were actually clean. Came for a wedding and the banquet servers were polite and nice. Thanks for a great stay. Gilbert was great at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2013

Greetings from the Duke City, poefolk3434: It is great to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we'll see you on your next visit!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for meetings in convention center across the street. Nice public spaces, clean standard Hyatt room. Serivice was willing but a little spotty: after asking for the missing cream and sugar, we got one pot of real cream, no sugar. asked for the sugar and got more coffee. Finally, after asking what the problem was, we received a tray of hot pot of coffee, cream, sugar, and sweet rolls. Efficient front desk and always pleasant staff. Companions were very happy with the gym and pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear happyfeet91: Thank you for your review of our hotel while you were attending meetings at the convention center. The Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is known for its friendly and helpful staff who always strive to answer our guests wishes. We formally apologize for the spotty service and have addressed this issue with our associates.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay to the Duke City and know that you will receive the best service.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We received a gift certificate to stay at this hotel during the holidays. My husband and I decided to go for our wedding anniversary. Although I never received an email confirmation for my room, the reservation process was great. Gilbert was great when we were checking in and he even upgraded us to a corner room on the 17th floor. Wonderful view. However, I would check the thermostats in the room because no matter how low we put the temperature on it, the room was quite warm the entire time. Valet parking was easy and the Starbucks inside the hotel was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

ReebokB: Thank you for staying with us during your exciting celebration and for recogizing Gilbert during your check-in process. I know that upgraded mountain view was a plus. We are delighted to see that the secured, city underground parking was a great option and that you visited Starbucks.

I apologize that you did not receive an e-mail confirmation regarding your stay and believe this to be an isolated occurrence. Our engineering team has followed up on the thermostats to ensure they are properly working.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and please contact me for your next reservation. I will personally oversee your next stay. See you soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 week during a convention
Front desk and check in was quick and easy
The issue is the room. The patchwork job done to the wallpaper was awful . Sheets were stained , no coffee machine , poor lighting.
Convenient location was a plus

• Stayed: March 2013
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear G P: We sincerely apologize that your experience at our property was less than memorable, "not typical". I only hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your faith in the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and demonstrate the world-class service that defines our core values. Our Rooms and Engineering Department are reviewing this isolated situation.

Please contact me directly should you find yourself staying with us again. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel! I stayed here twice in a 12 day period. The gym has better equipment than the club I belong to at home! The place does fill up on the weekends, and one conference was so packed I couldn't even get a drink at the bar (my only critique). If you're a Hyatt club member, you get a free cup of Starbucks coffee from the downstairs lobby. They have a full Starbucks cafe and Keva Juice Shop connected to the hotel, and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance. Beware of nighttime jaunts nearby though, there are a LOT of panhandlers and such nearby, but both times I ventured out I saw squad cars on patrol as well! A great hotel and I will stay there EVERY TIME I have to go to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: The 11th Floor was fine for me!
1  Thank Rebecca M
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind comments Rebecca M. We're so glad to see that you (along with many others) were able to enjoy the gym and found all the equipment you needed there!
We can't tell you how much our staff will enjoy hearing your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently attended a conference at this hotel and stayed here for 4 nights. The staff are very good. They are unobtrusive and attentive and helpful, all things I value when I stay somewhere for several days. Lori at the front desk helped me with a problem even before check in (I phoned ahead) and it was appreciated. I hope others recognize her hard work and helpfulness.

I had a room with a king bed. The room was clean, attractive and in perfect condition except for the bathtub which drained very slowly and resulted in standing water over the tops of my feet while showering. Why does this bug me? I don't know, but it does. The shower head also sprayed a little crazily but nothing unmanageable.

I stayed on the 12th floor at the end of a corridor and had a mountain view. It was perhaps the quietest room I've had in a very long time. I appreciated that.

Forque restaurant is ok, but laughably expensive in some respects. Pricing a chocolate cake (a little mounded thing) at $8 does not make it a better chocolate cake. The wait for some food items at Forque was also way too long. Folks at the bar cafe downstairs were exceptionally nice, as were the guys working the front doors and the bag check. There is an attached Starbucks that is often busy.

Conference facilities were ok. I've come to expect psycho room temps and I dress in layers. For me, the worst part of the conference facilities was the lack of decent or reliable cell signal. To make a call, I had to go stand in a corner near a window and lean.

The neighborhood has been described as a little sketchy. A few blocks away where the restaurants are, it is indeed much less touristy with a wide variety of colorful people. If that puts you off, you can get a cab and go elsewhere. I don't mind and would rather dodge a panhandler than give up the exceptional pizza that's the reward down the street.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for a conference, but it isn't in an area that I would consider "family territory" so I wouldn't take the gang. If they were running a great special on room rates, I would likely reconsider.

Room Tip: End of corridor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Mrs_Incredible: We appreciate your staying with us for the conference. We're glad to hear that you found our staff unobtrusive, attentive and helpful. They all truly feel their job is to make sure you feel at home.

We apologize about the slow bathtub drain, long wait in Forque Kitchen & Bar and the unreliable cell signal. We'll keep your experience in mind as we continue with improvements.

Again, we truly appreciate your thoughtful comments and will discuss the issues referenced with our team. We hope the next time you visit us you'll find your stay to be not great, but fantastic!!