We stayed for 3 nights while I was scheduled to attend a convention, but my wife did not. The Convention Center is right across the street, a great location for that, but not much else. Downtown Albq is devoid of anything except hotels and office buildings, so my wife had to travel out of the downtown area to find things to do. The hotel lobby is very modern and devoid of ornamentation, almost antiseptic in feeling with no color, and the halls and rooms are the same. The hotel desk staff was generally youthful, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are average size for this class of hotel, and the furniture was in very good condition. The bed was soft and springy, but I prefer something firm, and for some reason the sheets were not fitted nor tucked in very well. By morning they were all loose and wadded up around me, and this has not happened before anywhere. A liter of bottled water on the desk was $5.00 which I thought ridiculous. Internet access was difficult to log onto; you had to move through screens to pay for 1 hour, 1 day, or multiple days. The charges were added to your bill, but then later deducted at checkout. This is the most cumbersome and unreasonable system I have ever encountered. There are almost no decent restaurants in downtown Albq, and we discovered that we had to go to either Old Town or the University District to find something. We did eat at the hotel restaurant on arrival, and found the food quite good, but with a limited menu and somewhat pricey. We asked to be seated at 6:30pm, but were told there was no seating until 7:30pm. We could see into the large restaurant, that only 5 or 6 tables were occupied. Returning at 7:30pm, the same number of tables were seated, so I'm confused about why we had to wait. This is just not a total experience that I can recommend to others, nor will we stay at this hotel in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque offers the quintessential location for both business and leisure travelers. Make yourself at home in your spacious guestroom, explore the shops and events in our downtown neighborhood, or lounge at the pool between meetings. Here, you’ll find that productivity and relaxation are constants during your time in Albuquerque. WHAT MAKES A SEAMLESS STAY: SPACIOUS ROOMS: 382 guestrooms including 8 different upgrade options MEETINGS MADE EASIER: 30,000 sq ft of flexible, indoor meeting space with unique venues and a dedicated staff LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE: Situated across the street from the Albuquerque Convention Center, and moments away from dining, shopping, and entertainment ECLECTIC DINING: 5 on-site dining possibilities including seasonal menus and vegetarian options PLENTY OF PLACES TO RELAX: Read, enjoy a bite to eat and stay connected with free Wi-Fi in our light and airy atrium, or go for a dip in our recently renovated, rooftop pool complete with oversize hot tub. Outdoor fire pit coming soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque