WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #30 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Replace all staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Guest services needs a major overhaul. No one there cares about the guest. Although it is close to downtown, staying farther away would be more worth the money. I have known excellent candidates that have applied and were told they were not qualified.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FloridaGuyFromKY
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear FloridaGuyFromKY: Thank you for your review and we are glad you chose to stay with us. All guest feedback is vitally important to us.

I apologize for your discontent with our Guest Services and that you felt that no one cared about you during your stay. Your experience at our property is not indicative our hotel and exceeding your expectations and satisfaction is very important to us. We have taken your comments under review.

I hope to have you return for a more positive experience whenever you are in the downtown area. Please reach out to me directly so I can help to ensure a memorable experience for all the right reasons.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Regency. The Awaken Package was an excellent way to try the Hyatt Regency in Albuquerque> Package included free self parking which was easy (same building), and full breakfast. Having just stayed at the Kahala Resort in Honolulu, everything at the Hyatt Regency in Albuquerque seems to be a tremendous bargain! Will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Molly C
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Molly C:

Thank you for your glowing review about our hotel. We sincerely value your business. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations and look forward to seeing you again.
Monroe, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This Hyatt is so nice! I'm here for a conference, so I can't comment much on the area, but the hotel and the amenities are nice. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, and the hotel restaurant is pretty good, although a bit pricey. The staff was very helpful and knowledgable. It is a $15 taxi from the airport. The room was really clean, bigger than most standard hotel rooms, and the bathroom was nice and large. The gym is pretty large for a hotel gym. The equipment was all very clean, and there were over 10 pieces of cardio equipment. Overall, great stay and a great value.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Nlmayfield
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Valued guest, Nlmayfield: Thanks for the fantastic review about our staff and exploring our StayFit gym! I am prettty sure that you had a great workout as we tried to include every piece of equipment that one needs for the best possible workout.

We loved having you as our guest and look forward to your next visit. If you need anything at all please reach out to me at anytime. Thanks again.
king george, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Attended a conference there earlier in the week. I've stayed at this hotel at least half a dozen times. Bottom line is that the rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. Exercise room is better than most, with better quality equipment, and a fair number of machines. People know this, so the place gets busy at times. The food prepared for the conference was outstanding - the staff did an awesome job.

My only complaints are that the area around the hotel sometimes seems a bit seedy with a large number of panhandlers for a city the size of Albuquerque. My only other complaint is that I can rarely get a room there under per diem :-( But five stars in any case.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alejandro_in_VA
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Valued Guest, rjpawlak: Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had a great stay and look forward to your next visit.
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here as part of our Route 66 tour and it was one of the best Hyatts I have been in. The bar maid could not have been friendly and we had all our needs catered for as we did not want a posh sit down meal in the main restaurant. Breakfast was excellent. Rooms were a good size. We had a slight issue with our bathroom light not working upon arrival but we reported this and it was dealt with swiftly by friendly members of staff

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravellerHB1979
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear TravellerHB1979: We are so happy that you made us a part of your Route 66 experience. We also appreciate you taking time out of your exciting road trip to review our hotel and staff.

Looks like we hit our goal of exceeding your expectations and provided a memorable experience in all aspects of your stay. If you are ever in the area again, we would love having you stay with us.
Houston TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Rented two rooms. # 1 had no functioning heat and the TV was not working properly. Engineering arrived after about an hour and corrected both problems. Courteous and compliant. Room decor will thrill you if you are into European airport departure lounges. Room #2 had water from the bathroom leaking into the sleeping quarters, wetting the carpet next to the bed. Foul odor. When these problems were brought to the desk's attention, they rebated our parking fee!

Room Tip: It might be wise to inspect the room before taking possession.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gladtobethere
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Gladtobethere: Thank you for staying with us. I truly appreciate your feedback and taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologize about your frustration and inconvenience you experienced as a guest in our hotel. Please know that our Executive Management team did not take your comments lightly and immediately corrected the issues.

I only hope that we will have another opportunity to restore your faith in the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and demonstrate the world-class service that defines our core values.

Please contact me directly should you find yourself staying with us again. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons. Once again, thank you, and I do look forward to seeing you again.
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I Pricelined it for $50 a night on a weekend, so my bar isn't terribly high. Room was a little dated, but with a very nice comfortable bed. Probably about a 32" Flatscreen TV I never turned on. Parking was fairly reasonable at $13 a night so I didn't bother hunting around to see if there was available street parking nearby. What I saw looked pretty limited. I'm sure if you stake it out you might be able to find something, but it wasn't worth the effort to me. Room was a funny configuration, probably had about 20% more space than a typical room. Thermostat worked great. No noisy fan when the AC/heat unit kicked in. Nice thick shades kept it dark. Thick walls, quiet in the room, despite some loud drunken idiots I could hear down the hall when I left the room. I didn't do much in the hotel but sleep. I was in town for my son's hockey games and was at the rinks most of the time, so I didn't check out the restaurants or other amenities. But what I did experience was fine. Every employee was courteous and classy. In room coffee maker is by request. Didn't realize that in time for the first morning, but maid brought one up when I left a note for the next morning. I've stayed in a few spectacular Hyatt Regency hotels. This isn't one of those. It's just a solid, clean, comfortable upscale room. I'd have no problem staying here again and would feel I got what I paid for up to about $120 a night.

Room Tip: Just be sure to ask for the coffee maker right away. They'll bring one up with coffee, tea, etc...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 66Champs
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
66Champs, Thank you for staying with us while you were in town for your son's hockey games. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us hope that you’ll choose Hyatt Regency Albuquerque on your next visit! If there’s anything additionally that we can do for you, please let me know at any time. Thanks again!