Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
$137
Official Website
$78
$75
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
$149
$99
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$102
$114
$109
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
ComfortInn
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotel Andaluz(Albuquerque)
$180
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
1,418 results
All reviewsconvention centerforque restaurantself parkinghotel restaurantdowntown areavalet servicenice hotellobby barthe hotel stafffront desk staffcentral avenuebusiness tripold townnob hillroom was largesandia mountainsnew mexico
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Albuquerque which was terrific except for a low toned air conditioning noise that went on all night. This time, because i am a light sleeper, I chose the Hyatt Regency since I was pretty sure I would have a totally silent room. I was right. The room was spacious and very quiet even on eh fifth floor facing a street. Downtown Albuquerque is very quiet anyhow, so this really suited me. This is a very low key Regency and there were not a lot of staff compared to other busier Regency's - but it worked. Couple of things were not a plus: namely the $13 fee for parking - but hey compared to San Francisco and New York $13 is steal. Parking was free at Hyatt Place. I got the AAA rate for $119 with free internet so overall it was a great deal! I got the sense that the management was really practicing "luxury frugality", meaning I had to request a coffee/tea maker (it was automatically in my room) and I had to request a robe and slippers. This is nothing that bothered me and kind of fits the times and is ok with me; it's just a change that I've noticed at some upscale hotels.

Both mornings I stayed I ate breakfast in their dining room called "Forque". It was delicious, reasonably priced and service was great! I used the Business Center which is quiet small and there was only one piece of paper in the printer and it jammed when I used it. So again, not completely flawless but not a terribly big deal.

Overall you cannot go wrong with the Hyatt Regency in Albuquerque

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a bad room in this hotel. The downtown area is very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Barbara N: Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had a great stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm not even going to go into everything that happened. Let me just list....and this property IS NOT a reflection on Hyatt Regency hotels in other cities that I have stayed in over the past 18 years without any issues.

Bell Men: Great and very helpful
Parking: Just terrible...they share with a bank, the spaces barely fit a mid size car and it took me 5 mins to line up my full size car properly (not their fault) but still its a mess.
Reception Staff: ALL of them wonderful, except for some kid named Carlos who is not only too smart for his own good, but actually really a complete and utter idiot! (see below)
Room: VERY SPACIOUS with great views, carpet smelled in the first room, and needs to be cleaned badly. These rooms have seen better days...not falling apart, but everything just seems dated and would work if it was 1994.
Bed: Bed bugs (a first in well over 1000 hotel night stays)....Carlos suggested that maybe I brought them with me...lovely!
Bathroom: In the second room that I was forced to move to after being bitten to death during my not so succesful afternoon nap.. Dirty toilet; with what clearly appeared to be human waste on the seat. Carlos was in no mood to have housekeeping come up and clean it.
GYM: Actually not bad when it comes to equipment, but the entrance smelled heavily of urine!...so does one really wish to sit on any of the machines. I decided against the sauna.

I assure you, this is the short version....cause Im sick of these hotels who feel they can rest on their former glory days and not give a crap about standards. Hire these "kids" without training them properly (Senior front desk staff were ALL amazing so go to them) and this cutting back on housekeeping is NOT the way to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 1blokeCA
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear 1blokeCA: Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations and invite you back to give us another try.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

When we got to our room we opened the closet to retrieve the luggage stand and were assaulted by the pungent aroma of sweaty feet. It wasn't a faint odor. It very quickly wafted throughout the entire room. It smelled as if one of the hobos that frequent the vicinity of the hotel had squatted in the closet prior to our arrival. We called the front desk and an employee came up and sprayed deodorizer in the closet. I asked her to spray the entire room and she used the entire bottle. It killed the smell and the rest of our stay was good. Be sure to check your reservation choices because they tried to charge us for parking and breakfast when it was supposed to be included.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jlmursch
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear jlmursch:

Thank you for the 4-star review and choosing our hotel. Guest feedback is valuable to us. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations and sincerely hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We got this hotel through Priceline for a great price. However, we were disappointed when we checked in to find that parking ($13-20) and wifi ($15) was additional. Nice and clean hotel, as expected for a Hyatt. Starbucks on the ground floor was a plus. There didn't appear to be much in walking distance to the hotel. We ate at Monroe's Mexican Food, which was DELICIOUS! Make sure to check out old town Albuquerque for LOTS of great artisan shops.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dana L: Thank you for the 4-star review and feedback about our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us during your travels and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is well maintained, which is much appreciated. The lobby is little more opulent than the rooms but they are comfortable. The bathrooms could use a little updating. The bed was very comfortable and we had great sweeping views on two sides. I don't understand why cheap motels offer free wi-fi, but a place as nice as this insists on charging for it. It is only free in the common areas, not in the guest rooms. There are a few shops in the lobby area but two of them are closing soon. There isn't much to see and do in the immediate area. The nearby galleria is nearly empty. This is a good place to stay if you are in town for a convention with activities planned for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

JourneyBabe:

Thank you for giving us 4-stars and commenting that our hotel is well maintained. We appreciate your review and are pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.