“very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
CORPUS CHRISTI
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Nice downtown location. Excellent room and beautiful lobby. Friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
VIPAmbassador, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next stay! Your feedback is appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is in the heart of downtown ABQ. It was well appointed and under a remodel in the lobby areas during my stay. There was a Starbucks in the lobby and several shoppes in the main area which was nice. The fitness center and pool area was very nice, however, the rooms were a bit dated compared to other chains. At night, the city and location became a bit dodgy, however the hotel bar and restaurant was worth the stay in for a short stay. All in all however a average hotel worth the stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MBFNCNative
mbsef2000,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Guest feedback is vital to the success of our operation and I appreciate you taking the time to share. It is my goal to exceed your expectations and I regret that we were unable to do so. Creating an exceptional guest experience is our number one priority! I am delighted that you enjoyed our brand new Forque Restaurant and will be sure to pass along your compliments! We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay!
Florence, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The hotel was so phenomenal to stay at. First of all it is right downtown. But most impresssive it the attention of the staff. We were treated like royalty. A SHINING Star pf this Hotel is Sara, she helped me with the room choice, packages of information that were awaiting us for things to do in the city and surrounding areas. The rooms are spotless and I am VERY Picky. Everything was "yes", not maybe, I just can't saw enough wonderful things. DEFINATELY stay there! We loved it so much we extended for 2 extra days in the same room, again, NO PROBLEM!

Room Tip: Book at the last moment to get a package deal (we paid 3 dollars more per night and received full br...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
rhodaz,
Thank you so very much for your feedback! I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and were able to provide you with such an exceptional experience during your stay! It is our pleasure to ensure you are as comfortable as possible! We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your business!
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The Hyatt is a quick 5 minute walk from the train station,a 15 minute ride by taxi from the airport and a bus ride from OldTown. The hotel itself is lovely with spacious clean rooms and large bathrooms. The key selling point for me is the staff. The phrase "customer service" really rings true here. At every juncture they were warm, friendly and incredibly helpful (and not in that officious way one often encounters). My only suggestion for those staying in regular King or Double rooms is to skip the "mountain view option." I had been looking forward to this--in fact, it was the primary reason I chose the Hyatt. I was even assured that I was given one of the best views. Well, if you stood in the corner of the room opposite the bed and looked out the view was lovely but it definitely didn't deserve the title "mountain view room" or the extra fee. Perhaps the true view rooms are suites, I'm not sure. This was disappointing to be sure but without even asking the additional cost was refunded--again, a great staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kangaroo5050
kangaroo5050:
Thank you for choosing Hyatt for your most recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback! I am delighted that you so enjoyed your stay! We strive to exceed your expectations and I am thrilled that we have been able to do so! We greatly appreciate your business and I am happy that we had the opportunity to assist you and you were able to experience all the wonderful perks our downtown location affords! We look forward to your return!
Thousand Oaks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at the hotel over the weekend and attended the Albuquerque Film Festival. The room itself was nice. I normally stay at a more budget type hotel(Best Western) and was kind of surprised that there was no refrigerator or coffee maker in the room, but maybe that is the way the higher caliber hotels go? They did say that they would bring a coffee maker up if I wanted one, but I passed and just got coffee at the 7-11 a block away every morning. The room was fine, nice plasma tv, big king bed.

My only negative comments would be about the surroundings. The stores inside the hotel were all closed. I don't know if they are just closed on the weekend, but it gave the hotel a kind of deadness about it. Yeh there were film people scurring around at times, but still seemed dead. The downtown area, was also closed down. Maybe on weekends they shut their doors? Only a few restaurants/bars open during the day. The mall I think is right around there was closed too. In fact the only activity the area seemed to have going, was the large and I mean large gathering of homeless one block over from the hotel. You couldn't avoid running into them on you travels around the area. It didn't stop me from going out, but I certainly didn't push it into the night time. So you found yourself at the end of the day, back at the hotel...kind of an oasis in a sea of nothing and homeless people. If you were attending an event at the Convention Center...definately a good choice though.

I gave the sleep quality a average rating because I found the bed a bit hard, and there was no jacuzzi in the pool area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank video_guru
VIPAmbassador, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear video_guru,
Thanks for your feedback! We value our partnership with the local film community and I am delighted that we were able to host such an important event. Downtown is a great place both to work and to play, and Central Avenue with its many bars and restaurants is a great after dark hot spot! However, please know that guest well-being is our number one priority and while, like any urban downtown area, we draw all walks of life, we have security staff on property at all times to ensure your safety. I regret that you were unable to locate our hot tub on the 3rd floor, and I hope that you will visit us again soon so that you may enjoy an exceptionally comfortable stay! We look forward to your return!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Just got back from New Mexico and really enjoyed our time in Albuquerque. The city is clean and very easy to get around. The Hotel is right in the heart of downtown. We were able to walk to OLD TOWN from the hotel. Town seemed very safe and clean. Hotel was comfortable. Had a pool and hot tub on the 3rd floor. As well as a huge work out room. We had complementary parking and breakfast. The breakfasts were wonderful. Had a Buffet with a lot of choices as well as anything off the menu. Only down side was they charged $10 a day for the Internet. Most places give that to you for free now a days!! Overall had a pleasant stay and would go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a nice mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
VIPAmbassador, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
azymazy,
Thank you for sharing your comments! I am thrilled to hear that you so enjoyed your stay!
While I regret the necessity of charging for in room internet-to balance this cost, we do offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby atrium! I am glad that you were able to experience Old Town and many of the other wonderful attractions within walking distance! It is my pleasure to exceed your expectations and ensure your utmost comfort and I look forward to your next stay!
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Be ready for extra fees for parking and Internet. Other than that fantastic stay of 9 daya

• Stayed July 2011