“Will never stay here again”

Days Inn Albuquerque West
Ranked #110 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Will never stay here again”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I along with my elderly parents were on a road trip. As we came in to New Mexico, we picked up a magazine that had hotel locations and coupons in it. We were heading to Albuquerque for the night and I began looking for hotels in that ares. We decided on this hotel which had a coupon for around $40/night. Since we were getting 2 rooms this was a good price. Well, when we got there, the gentleman at the front desk was completely rude! Told us that they didn't accept coupons on Friday or Saturday, even though it did not say that on the coupon. He said the rooms would be $59.99 per room so I asked why does your sign out front say they are $49.99? He said that was for one person...again it did not state that on the sign, most room prices are for double occupancy to begin with. So I then asked if they give an AARP discount and he informed us that the price he gave us IS with the senior citizens discount.

I have been in the "customer service" industry for most all of my life and the one thing I was ALWAYS told is "make the customer happy." He did nothing to work with us and quite honestly, if it were not for that magazine in first place, we not have even been at his hotel to begin with! So, in my opinion, he should have honored that coupon and thanked us for picking his hotel from ALL the other hotels in that area. I should have walked out but we were all pretty tired but I can say...I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN...LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
daysinnabqwest, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque West, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
1. Our coupon clearly states right under the rate "Sun-Thur Only"
2. Our posted sign marquee rate states "1 PER" under the rate.
Most people can read that information and figure out that the coupon is not for use on Friday or Saturday, and the rate posted on the sign is for 1 person occupancy, meaning the 2 person rate will most likely be higher. As far as making the customer happy, doesn't mean we lose out on terms that are clear to 99.999% of the population. Once the rates are quoted, you have the option to turn around and leave, no one forces you to stay and provide payment for a room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The motel is located right off of I-40, so this was a plus for my family that had been on the road almost the whole day! We got there at 11 PM, checked-in, and were in bed by 11:15. Even this late at night, I was very happy with the smoothness of the check-in and also the friendliness of the employee on duty. We were informed of when breakfast began and ended, when the pool would open up for the kids, and he also gave us some advice about some of the things to do and see in the area. The room contains very nice contemporary furniture, and they were also very clean and well kept. The bed was pillow top and it was one of the most comfortable motel beds that I have ever slept in! Overall, it seems as if the management is doing a really good job of keeping the motel very nice and modern from the outside (with new stucco accents and paint) as well as inside (with new furniture and beds). The motel is next to a Motel 6, Motel 76, and a Super 8, and judging from the overall look and experience that I have had, I would say that this is the best bet out of those three for the value. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends in the area, and we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All are most likely good rooms!
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed June 8, 2012

It's no resort, but if you're looking for a cheap place right off I-40, this one is pretty good. The Internet was not great, but adequate. The indoor pool was clean, the beds were comfortable; I didn't see any bugs or thugs; I was able to park directly in front of my room. It was mostly families and older couples in the rooms near me. I'm female, traveling with children, and I felt safe. Do not eat at Furr's restaurant. It's located within walking distance, but it's overpriced and gross!

Room Tip: Do not eat at Furr's Family Dining!
2 Thank ashleezona
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This motel was really noisy. There were little kids running around through the night and in the early hours of the morning. We also saw some very questionable people lurking around the motel and the front desk is behind bullet proof glass. Otherwise, the rooms were clean enough. I think that there are some better options a bit further down the street.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. The floors and walls on the second floor move with loud noises or hea...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Amarillo
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Picked this motel after not being able to stay at first choice. Late on a Saturday and figured the price would be jacked up but it was real reasonable. We paid less than 60.00. Room had micro and fridge, clean, quite rooms and comfortable beds. Will check this motel again when in the area. Continental breakfast, indoor pool, restaurants near by and lots of other motels to compare price with if needed. This is probably why the price was cheaper, lots of other choices really close by.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Reasonably well maintained. Spot on sofa cushion. Roomy. Great bed. Don't expect as new condition. Good value.

• Stayed February 2012
Warm Springs, Oregon
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I initially reserved my room through Hotels.com or Priceline.com at their reduced rate of $54, so I reserved and paid for it online. I've stayed at Days Inn in other Northwest cities and towns and they are always very clean and comfortable - but this one was the equivalent to a 1 or 2 star motel! The fridge would not get cold and the adjustment knob was broke off. About the only good amenities was the free wireless internet connection and the breakfast. For the weekend, the rates went down $12, which was good for me since I stayed 5 nights. For a place like this, the high rate should be $35 - $40.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family