“Friendly, but a Few Problems” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #69 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
New Mexico, United States
“Friendly, but a Few Problems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was a business trip. The personnel from the desk people to the maintenance staff were very friendly and helpful. Everyone had a smile and offer of assistance, whether to get the elevator, a bottle of water, or help with luggage. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice. There seemed to be a problem with getting the room cleaned and fresh towels without having to ask the front desk in the afternoon. This was early December and there was 6 inches of snowfall. For the first couple nights, the room was very cold and all that came out of the heater was cold air. When it was brought to the attention of the front desk, a maintenance man was sent up who took the heater apart and turned off the air conditioner and turned the heater on. Several other people in our group had the same complaint. One of the two main elevators was under repair. We found a smaller elevator close to our room, but the wait was very long. I thought the daily charge for in-room internet access was excessive. I did not care to check my email in a crowded bar area for free. The food in the dining room tended to be overcooked, though the meals without meat were very tasty. Unfortunately, I am a meat eater. This was my second stay at this hotel. The first visit was better.

Room Tip: In winter, the upper floors are warmer.
Green Features: Don't mind not having the bed linens changed daily, but would have liked fresh towels.
1 Thank Manatee27
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Manatee27, Thank you for your review and I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies regarding the heat and it was great to see that the staff addressed this for you. That was a bit unseasonably cold for us at that time. Please accept my apologies also for any inconvienence you experienced regarding the elevators. We are going through a modernization project with each one of them to improve their efficiency for for our guest. We are working on the final elevator at this time and will be done soon with this project. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will honor us with the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Albuquerque.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
redlands california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The three star average rating is being kind. This is a hotel in need of an extreme makeover. Staff was inexperienced and were not service oriented. Food in the restaurant at the breakfast buffet is just so-so. The elevator construction is really a major problem unless you enjoy waiting and waiting and waiting to be elevated to your 7th story room. Rooms are on the small side. I recommend you find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Elevators are under construction for a 10 story building! Be prepared to wait.
1 Thank jwwcpa
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear jwwcpa,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Albuquerque, I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We are making several improvements to the hotel and one currently is the modernization of one of our guest elevators. We do have the option of a second elevator for use which is our larger staff elevator. While I don't know if you tried this option, most of our guests have commented on how they appreciate the extra efforts we have made to assist our guests with their travels through the hotel as much as possible. Please accept my apologiest that they did not work out for you. When completed, our elevators will be more efficient in the functionality for our guests. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you future safe travels.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights as of December 12, 2013 and if you are booking here you need to be aware. First there is heavy road construction and exiting I25 and doubling back to the hotel is confusing and difficult.

If you do stay you should know that this hotel is replacing elevators. This means that a 10 story hotel has one elevator out of service. They have converted a staff/freight elevator for guest use and you get to ride with dirty linen and the floor in this elevator is covered with grease and food crumbs. Apparently it is used to deliver food as well.

It is an average hotel otherwise, but if the elevator situation is ok with you and the construction congestion outside is not an issue then go for it.

A special mention is the staff. All are very friendly and helpful. So on that front they get four stars in my book.

They have a lobby bar and restaurant and the rooms are average for the age of the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Empire1guy,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. Please accept my apologies that the renovation project of our guest elevator impacted your stay as well as the road contruction. As you noted, we do have one of our guest elevators available to our guests as well as our staff elevator. We freshened, carpeted, and added artwork to our staff elevator area before the project began to provide a warmer environment for our guests. The spill you noted in your comment has already been addressed. Our guests have the option of using either elevator. In regard to the road construction, it is a necessary project that will make a great difference in the traffic flow in the surrounding area. There are traffic cameras at www.paseoi25.com that people can get updates on. In addition, our staff can assist guests with suggestions on alternate routes if they are travelling during the most congested times which are the am and pm rush hours. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our staff and thank you for staying with us. Best wishes to you this holiday season,
Escondido, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stay there after arriving from a 12 hr. car ride though freezing rain, snow, and high winds. It was great to arrive there. The Front Desk people were great and friendly. Our room was a nice size with King Size Bed. Very comfortable, large HDTV desk. After we settled in, we went to a light snack.

in the morning, we had a great breakfast including, made to order omelets prepared by I believe was "Frank" with 4 years service. Our server was Linda. She told us that she had been there for 24 yrs. at that hotel. She was good and friendly. Great people.

I remember reading some past reviews of this property, but it showed us we made a great choice for the night.

Room Tip: Ask for high room and away from freeway would be a bonus if available. Very nice lobby and open, wit...
2 Thank Bille3
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Bille3, Thank you for staying with us and for your very nice review. We are so glad that you made it through the weather safely and that you had a great experience here. It was also nice to read about the staff members who made such an impression on your stay. Because you mentioned them, they will be receiving one of our Gold Star awards. Wishing you the best this holiday seaon and we hope to see you again soon.
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for business. I would not opt to stay here again.

Good:
- Bar waitress was good & really nice
- decent shampoo/conditioner
- comfortable room for a hotel

Bad:

- Loud room.
- No A/C. Opened the window to find there were loud vent fans on the roof below the window.
- Dirty shower - dried shaving cream and hair.
- Wifi is an additional charge.
- Breakfast is too expensive for what it is.
- The coffee is disgusting. There is no way the coffee is actual coffee in the room or in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Room 422 is loud.
1 Thank Nikki S
Dear Nikki S, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Please accept my apologies that we did not live up to your standards in some areas or our own. With the winter season upon us and the more recent unseasonably colder temperatures, we are running with more heat into the building so that may have affected the ability to get the room as cool as you may have wanted for through the AC setting. I have shared your comments with the staff regarding the housekeeping for their training purposes. hank you for staying with us and I hope that you have an enjoyable holiday season.
South Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I travel a lot with my job, and am usually underwhelmed with what I find on the road...I try to look past all the disappointments, and make excuses for the hiccups.
I was invited to provide entertainment for a group who booked a holiday party at this hotel on Friday night, and I decided to make a weekend of it at the Pyramid.
I have to haul a huge load of music equipment and the staff made my setup much easier. I really appreciate having assistance and the banquet team was ready to help.
Saturday night I decided to stay in, watch a movie and order room service. I had excellent quick service and the linguine was some of the best Italian food I have had in a long time!
Sunday I took advantage of the workout room. I loved the equipment. Everything was clean, and I even saw one of the managers come in during my workout to check that all was in order, and up to standard.
My room was clean and comfortable with a killer view! The front desk staff was continually professional and helpful. When I checked in, Matt assisted me with luggage and then I had questions that he quickly answered. When I checked out, I had a most pleasant gentleman from Arlington, Tx carry my luggage to my car. He was very nice and finished with a "please come visit us again"....I will assure you, my next opportunity, I will be back!
This hotel is top notch!

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors. While my room was very quiet, the views up higher are unbelievable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank houstonvisitor56
Dear houstonvisitor56, What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. The staff really enjoyed your visit. Thank you too for the room location recommendation. I love our upper floors as the view from all of them is just beautiful. From the mountains to the downtown lights there is a great view. We hope to see you again soon!
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed three nights at this Marriott during a business trip, and its not up to my expectations for a Marriott-level hotel. It's based on the once-popular center atrium design. Other than bathroom, room was dated, as are public areas. Its in a commercial/office area but walkable strip center has a great pastry shop and family Italian restaurant (Torino's). Staff were friendly. Conference food was surprisingly good and service staff were responsive. Overall this tired property needs a makeover. In the meantime suggest checking out the nearby Courtyard which is fairly new.

Room Tip: Request upper-floor room on west or south side for a great view of the Valley.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear well-traveled908, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your stay with us and our hotel. While true, we do not have the contemporary decor that many properties are moving to, our current style and atrium provide a more relaxed and southwestern feel. Many of our guests like the difference. Thank you for staying with us and safe travels.