“Not Up to Par”

Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Bloomington, Indiana
“Not Up to Par”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed three nights at this Marriott during a business trip, and its not up to my expectations for a Marriott-level hotel. It's based on the once-popular center atrium design. Other than bathroom, room was dated, as are public areas. Its in a commercial/office area but walkable strip center has a great pastry shop and family Italian restaurant (Torino's). Staff were friendly. Conference food was surprisingly good and service staff were responsive. Overall this tired property needs a makeover. In the meantime suggest checking out the nearby Courtyard which is fairly new.

Room Tip: Request upper-floor room on west or south side for a great view of the Valley.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear well-traveled908, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your stay with us and our hotel. While true, we do not have the contemporary decor that many properties are moving to, our current style and atrium provide a more relaxed and southwestern feel. Many of our guests like the difference. Thank you for staying with us and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Rowland Heights, California
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stay here for one night on a business trip. The property is definitely on the lower spectrum of all Marriott hotels. The service was okay as the staff was friendly enough. The room was okay, but it is old and shows. Probably would not recommend this place, but then again, may be all hotels in Albuquerque is like this one, so I really can't say one way or other since I have not stayed in any other hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear BigFishDiveClub, Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Albuquerque and for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice experience with our staff. I hope that if you have the opportunity to travel back this way, you will have time to experience all of the great things our city has to offer. Safe travels
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pros: Excellent staff. Very accommodating bell, front desk crew and housekeeping. Concierge lounge has very good food. Lots of parking.

Cons: Location is not near downtown Albuquerque. Lobby can be loud sometimes. Internet is slow. No establishments nearby. Some rooms have 2 TVs, which is unnecessary for a small room.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevators have better internet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Erwin Y, Wow...what a nice review. You really captured some of the essence of our property. So glad to read that the staff provided you with a memorable experience and that you enjoyed our concierge lounge. Our concierge food and service are ratedby our guests in the top 20 of all Marriott's on a consistent basis. I'm also excited to let you know that we will be upgrading our internet in early 2014. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a hotel that if they would keep up appearances it would be fine.
The initial visit to the halls was that they everything needed cleaned or renovated. The doors were splotchy with mismatched painted or peeling paint I don't now which. The halls gave me the heeby geebies to begin with. After staying at the hotel, I’d have to say that the pictures of the hotel are more like the pictures of a hotel that once was. The TV was not flat screen it was an older CRT (before high def). I’ve stayed at other Marriotts before and had become accustomed to a certain level of quality from the chain. I didn’t read the reviews on this hotel before I booked; my mistake! This hotel does not deserve the Marriott name and the poor reviews are accurate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Chad K,
In reading you review I was a little surprised at your comments. With the exception of only a few small areas of our hotels, our guest hallways have guest rooms on one side and open up to our atrium on the other giving them a very open, airy feeling. In addition, our guest rooms have had flat screens in them for quite some time. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear from you directly to discuss your comments with you personally. Many thanks and best wishes for safe travels.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Elk City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed there during balloon fiesta and you could hear everything from people taking in other rooms, to toilets flushing. Wasn't the best nights rest. But as far as location to the balloon fiesta park it was great location.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear SLWRN, Thank you for staying with us during Balloon Fiesta and I'm sorry that you were disturbed by noise from other rooms. I hope you enjoyed this years event. The weather was great and the balloons were flying everyday with the exception of one morning due to higher winds. We have a great location and you can see the balloons from many of our guest rooms. It is so fun to see the sky filled with all the colorful hot air balloons. Thank you again for joining us and best wishes for the coming year.
New City
Reviewed October 28, 2013

friendly check-in staff, comfortable and clean rooms. Love the Marriot pillows- very comfy. Some of the furniture in the room is a little dated and the elevators are slow, but bathroom was updated and had room had new flatscreen TV. We were on the 8th floor and had a pretty good view of the city and mountains. wifi should be free. would stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear fm442, Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the views. They are one of my favorite features of our hotel and the area. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of a modernization project of our guest elevators and are working on one at a time. When completed, the elevators will be more effiicient for our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Otsego, Minnesota
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Here for a meeting. The hotel is a little dated (the elevators take forever. They should have another set!), but my room was large, clean and well appointed. My room had a nice view of the highway, 2 TVs, and excellent internet speeds.

I stayed on the 8th floor and had access to the Concierge lounge. The concierge lounge is very nice -- I visited for snacks -- there was a large bar (but I think you had to pay for alcohol), and snacks.

I visited the workout room. There were 3-4 treadmills, weights, a couple of bikes, and a few orbital walkers. The room was clean, lots of towels, and cold water. I was pleased.

Overall the price was right, and the place was nice. I could stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear MNelson486,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review. I'm so glad that you liked your room and our conciege lounge. The concierge and culinary team do a great job in this area and our concierge lounge is consistently rated one of the top in all of Marriott by our guests. Related to our guest elevators, we are currently working on a modernization of them, one at a time, to improve their efficiency. We hope we will see you again in future and wish you happiness for the coming year.