“Our getaway for my husbands day,!”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
ElPasotexa
“Our getaway for my husbands day,!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was for the Father's Day weekend it was great ! We did a little gambling at Sandia resort & casino it's very nice ,! We stayed at the Pyramid Marriott ,! So classy nice place to stay I crecommened it. Th prices are ok. The staff is so nice the buffet very good. Go visit you'll love it
Overall Albuquerque I love it .Visit Red Lobster for lunch people so friendly luv it

Room Tip: Reserve early before. One week of our trip so you can get the best. Views above all have un
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Quillers,

Wow!! Thank you for letting us be a part of this special day! So glad you had such a great time in Albuquerque and that we were a part of making your visit a special experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a convenient location on the Northeast side of Albuquerque. It has a beautiful open atrium that goes to the ceiling some 20+ floors up. They also have a very nice fitness facility, indoor pool, and hot tub. The common areas around the hotel desk include a large waterfall in the sitting area near the bar. The rooms are modern with comfortable beds and bathrooms. My only concern is with the air-conditioning units for the building. On very hot days, 95+, the air-conditioning does not seem to keep up with demand. Common areas were a little warmer and our room would not cool down adequately. I did inform the front desk about this problem, but it was not fixed. I have stayed at this hotel before and encountered the same problem with the air-conditioning units. I think there needs to be some major upgrades to the HVAC system soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the Daily paper behind the hotel check-in counter. They also have free coffee in front of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TAJNWP,

Thank you for nice review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed so many of the features we have to offer. Please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered with the air conditioning in your room. While not all rooms encountered this challenge this summer, we are having one of our chillers replaced to resolve this. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and we see you again soon.
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night so that our 5 year old son could have one more swim on our way back from vacation. The desk staff were wonderful when we checked in. The bed was a little firm for my taste (though I have back and neck injuries from a previous car accident ). The pool, which was supposed to be open at 6am, was still closed at 9. My husband, with very patient soon in tow, was told there was a party there the night and they had to bleach and add lots of chemicals to clean it. He was told it would be open in an hour. When they went back at 10 (an hour before we had to check out), the man yelled, "Not yet!" to our son, who happened to walk in before my husband, who replied, "Well good morning to you, too, sir." The guy told them that he tested the levels and the chlorine levels were too high. He then tossed more chemicals into the pool. When my husband spoke to the gentleman at the front desk about how we made a promise to our son, he told us we could use the pool at the Courtyard Marriott a block away. Long story short, the desk staff were wonderful, but whoever was working on the pool needs a lesson in customer relations.

• Stayed July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott a few times due to location. I have reviewed it before and not much has changed. The rooms have a "living room" in front and the bedroom and bath in the back. The Salvation Army would probably reject their "living room" furniture. There is a sofa sleeper that is so uncomfortable to sit on that I can't imagine sleeping on it. The coffee table looks like something that was in my first apartment (and has probably been there that long-30+ years)! There is a small refrigerator and a single serve coffee maker. They give you one regular and one decaf coffee serving. Not good, neither of us are decaf people.

The linens are extremely nice. The are clean and crisp and the towels are soft and absorbent.
The pillows are plentiful and comfortable.

The breakfast buffet is good with a basic selection, but not as good as the price reflects. The snack mix in the bar is the best I've ever had (I've got to find out the brand!).

The cheap hotel across I25 advertised free WiFi, but Marriot seems to be taking it's cues from the airlines and charging for every little service. $12.95/day. WiFi isn't a novelty anymore, it is a basic thing that travelers use and it would be nice to have it included since this hotel lacks other things.

Also, we travel with a sound machine. The bedroom being further from the entry helps, but the atrium style of this hotel lends to hearing noise from every floor and lobby.

I'm sure we'll go back, but I am always hoping they will live up to there brand and get rid of the ancient, overused furniture.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. Overall, I'd say that this location is average at best, probably because there aren't an overwhelmingly high number of travelers coming to this city.

I picked this location over the Residence Inn and the other Marriott because this location has a concierge lounge on the 10th floor. I recently made Platinum status, and wanted to experience the amenities. At check-in, the receptionist needed a reminder of the Platinum arrival gift, but was very friendly and receptive. The room had dated furniture and bathroom fixtures, but a nice bed with clean sheets. The air vents were dusty, but this is often the case in many hotels when you look closely. Wireless signal was strong throughout the facilities and my room. The pool was in a corner of the lobby, and was an indoor-outdoor hybrid.

Service in the lobby lounge is variable. One of our servers was slow at getting our menu items, and even delivered menus to the wrong table. The happy hour menu items were average as well. The sliders likely came from frozen patties, but were cooked well. The salsa did taste like it came from a can.

The concierge lounge service and food was relatively standard for most of the non-resort Marriott/Ritz locations I've been to. The breakfast items consisted of pastries, fruit (strawberries, honeydew, cantaloupe), scrambled eggs, cereal, and a waffle maker. Dinner appetizers included the same fruit, cheese plate, and one hot dish that varied daily. There was an honor bar as well.

Housekeeping was a little awkward--they knocked on my door before 9am to verify whether I was present, even though check-out was 12pm.

Again, this is an average Marriott with dated furnishings. Room rates seemed slightly high for the level of service I received. I'd probably stay here again after I try out other hotels in the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Traveling across country with my family of four we used Albuquerque as a good place to stop for the night. The city is beautiful and the few people that we came across during our short stay were very friendly. The hotel itself is really nice, clean and very well maintained; we received a very warm and courteous welcome during checkin. The room that we stayed in, two doubles, was a bit small, but very accommodating. Great views of the surrounding mountains was a big plus.

I have two complaints. The first was that the breakfast was overly priced. At $14.00 for the hot continental and $11.00 for the cold it's just too pricey. Marriott needs to realize that breakfast doesn't need to be a 5 star dining experience and to price it accordingly.

Secondly the WIFI, although free in the lobby had an exuberant fee to use in your room. If you can provide it in the lobby at no charge then you should be able to do the same for your guest's in their rooms.

Despite these two setbacks I would definitely recommend this hotel for those seeking a short stay in Albuquerque as we felt very secure and comfortable during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
las vegas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

While this is not necessarily an architecturally beautiful building overall it worked perfectly for our recent overnight enroute to Santa Fe and Taos. Our double queen was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good. The only hiccup was an apparent double room charge which is being handled (albeit a bit slowly) by the accounting staff. We would happily stay at the Pyramid again.

Room Tip: Level 7 on the West and North is perfect.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple