“Excellent Stay”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #68 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel our last night in Albuquerque. We love Marriott and received an excellent rate. When we arrived we noticed that the hotel appeared to be in need of a remodeling. It just appears to be from the 80s. However, we found the hotel staff, amenities and experience to be extremely satisfying. For instance, we did not book breakfast with the room. However, when we arrived we were offered breakfast for an additional $10.00 which for a family of four was a great value. Incidentally, the breakfast was excellent. We were given free internet. Also, the pool and the game room was used by the kids for hours. Finally, my wife and I used the lounge and thoroughly enjoyed the drinks and the staff. Highly recommended. We would definitively stay there again. Workout facility was very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our team takes great pride in taking care of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Rich Lundt

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here recently because of the deal my work company has. It was the only one on my list to choose from. I was a little skeptical because of the mixed reviews. I want to say that I was pleasantly surprised overall.

These are the things that were important to me:
My room was clean, breakfast buffet was good and staff were friendly, and the Internet worked good.

Annoyances:
In my reservation, I asked to be away from vending, but the room I got was right around the corner from vending and placed next to stairs and a high traffic maid closet. The check-in clerk should have paid closer attention.

I had to specifically ask for the breakfast coupons and about the free internet included in the reservation. They should have already been informed and been taking time to tell ME.

I had to call because shower drain was very slow. The staff was great about getting it fixed, but wouldn't the housekeeping already know this problem? It should have been cleaned BEFORE I came.

Pool had sign saying closed, but no indication when or if it would reopen. Maybe it was closed for the season?

None of the things posted in other reviews, such as bad smells or mold, were noticed on my stay. I would certainly stay here again, it's just good to know what to expect.

Room Tip: Make sure if you have special requests in your reservation, you bring that to the attention of the f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bwilley77
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was mixed.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that some of the details were not taken care of. These are standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel and we should have done a better job at taken care of these items. I am glad that overall your stay was good.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve issues such as these. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve product and service. If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to rich.lundt@jqh.com so we can address it with you directly.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at this Marriott while passing through Albuquerque. The location was convenient, the staff was accommodating, and the kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. Our room, however, stunk of stale cigarette smoke; if we had been staying longer than just one night, I would have requested a change. We were on an upper floor, while our friends with whom we were traveling were on a lower floor, and their room smelled fine. I assume the the higher floors were the smoking floors back when smoking was still allowed in hotels, so just request a lower floor, and you'll probably be fine.

I also recommend that you purchase the breakfast when you book your room. The breakfast was well worth it, with plenty of variety and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that had not previously been a smoking room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

I wanted to thank you for your writing back! I really do appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that you stayed with us! I did note your comments regarding your experience. We want you to know we appreciate your nice comments on our team as well as the breakfast quality. We take great pride in our level of service! I do apologize that your room smelled of smoke. That should never be the case and my team should have corrected that before your arrival. I will address with my team as we strive to improve. I know this does nothing to make up for a less than satisfactory experience, but hopefully will demonstrate our commitment to our guests. Thank you again and we hope to you give us another opportunity. If you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at rich.lundt@jqh.com or 505 798 6410!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a surprisingly bad hotel, especially for usually high Marriott standards. The worst thing is the hotel has dozens and dozens of air scent sprayers throughout the hotel. At first it was a pleasant rose scent, but after a day it bece choking... Like sitting next to someone with too much perfume. Why the saturating scent? There is mold in the hotel... a rare thing in the ABQ climate. The shower had thick mold in the peeking caulk. The hotel is covered in plastic plants-- another sign of a mold problem. On top of it all, there is a $12.95 per day charge for Internet access in rooms, per day. Stay away from this property... We are checking out a day early to get some fresh air!

• Stayed: December 2012

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the hotel scent was not pleasing to you. I can assure you that we have four scent machines and I will double check to make sure they are not changed out at the same time as that may have contributed to the strength of the scent. I was also concerned about the report of mold in the hotel. I will have my team check your room and make any corrections that need to be made.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very dramatic open interior and lobby area, but facility has seen it's better days and needs some refurbishing. Room was decidedly under-lit and bordering on tattered. Shower vent fan was dust encrusted and plain nasty. While the breakfast buffet was good with wide selection of items, it was comparatively very expensive. The 24x7 complimentary coffee in the lobby was very weak with not cup tops either morning (which meant a precarious trip back to the room with wife's coffee!)...some-one not paying attention! There's another Marriott just a few hundred meters north of this one where we traditionally stay but thought we try the Pyramid...sorry we did

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was poor.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the hotel room was not up to the standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel. The good news is that we will be renovation all of our guest rooms next year, but that is no excuse for the room not being completely clean. We should have done a better job at insuring the “details” were taken care of.

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Lots of room in your room here. Like an old embassy suite
Noisy, poor service in the bar
Breakfast buffet was ok and the staff kind
Major problems with plumbing but the maintenance people were great
Just not up to the quality of other marriot properties!!

• Stayed: October 2012

I wanted to thank you for your writing back! I really do appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that you stayed with us! I did note your comments regarding your experience. I am very your room was noisy and the plumbing issues you encountered. I will address with my team as we strive to improve. I know this does nothing to make up for a less than satisfactory experience, but hopefully will demonstrate our commitment to our guests. Thank you again and we hope to you give us another opportunity. If you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at rich.lundt@jqh.com or 505 798 6410!

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

From the time of chk-in to chk-out we were greeted by informative helpful approachable employees. Two of those were Eric at the front desk and Cindy the operator. Good location too. Room was comfortable but. Needed upgraded.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when my staff takes such good care of our guests! Eric and Cindy are outstanding assoicates. I will make sure to commend them! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Rich Lundt