“Solid Three Star Hotel”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This property has very nice rooms, and a very nice staff. The room we had was one of thier suites, of which they have 54. It was not overly large, but very comfortable. The bathroom was small, but usable. This is a business hotel, and you had to drive to visit anything,or to go to an outside resturant. We were there to attend the balloon fest, and the hotelwas only a 5 minute drive to it,however you could watch the balloons from the hotel if you had a room that faced north. The only complaint I have is that you do get some room to room noise along the windows I am not sure why, but it did happen.

Room Tip: Choose a north facing room if you are there for the Balloon Fest, otherwise the suites are the best...
Thank Flyerno.one
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when my staff takes such good care of our guests! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel during a business trip. Our room was small and not what you would expect from a Marriot hotel.

The front desk people and the service at the bar and restaurant was outstanding. Congratulations for such excellent staff.

Internet is not free, which is a shame, given that you need it for everything nowadays.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback on our associates as well as the areas where we could improve. I can assure you, I will share your comments with my team and make sure we improve. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We just returned from the Marriott Pyramid while attending the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. The Marriott staff was warm, welcoming, skilled, well trained and friendly. Our check-in was quick and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable - we very much appreciated the fact that they honored our request for a north-facing room to view the balloon park when we weren't there. It was totally awesome! The staff in the restaurant was impeccable. The food delicious and fresh. Check-out was also quick - handled it over the TV and they emailed our bill. Everybody went the extra mile and made you feel appreciated. If we ever go back this would be the only hotel we would ever stay at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We take great pride in taking care of every customer! We hope to see you on a return trip!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed with two kids under two, and we were able to fit two pack and plays in the room. It was a little crowded, but we were happy to have beds for the kids. It was what I would expect from Marriott.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your comments on our hotel! We make sure to review all of our customer feedback and make sure we use those comments to improve as a hotel. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you back in Albuquerque!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had taken care to reserve the northern Albuquerque Marriott because we wanted to spend some time visiting the great Albuquerque Balloon Festival.

This is a premium Marriott, and we tend to prefer this location to other Marriotts in Albuquerque. This full service Marriott is about 15 minutes north of the airport and is located to take advantage of numerous Albuquerque, Old Town Albuquerque, and various natural and Native American benefits.

Room Tip: Away from 1-25
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive comments on our hotel! Our staff really enjoys the festive environment in Albuquerque during Balloon Fiesta and we are glad you were able to experience it. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you back next year!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel did not feel like a typical Marriott. The rooms are dated, only two slow elevators serve the entire hotel. There is a charge for Internet in your room. It was nice that they provided a to go bag from 4:30 to 8:30 which made it nice to grab going out the door at 4:30 to attend the fiesta. There are newer hotels in the area that would offer more for your money. Disappointed that they did not offer free coffee during the day like a lot of hotels. Why is it that cheaper hotels offer you free Internet, breakfast and coffee but Marriott charges for everything? Had problems getting Internet on my cell in my room. Several channels were out of service during our stay and we called to report it they advised someone would get back to us, but no one ever did. We advised them of this at checkout but did not receive an explanation only they were sorry. Really that is the best you can do.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vacationlady1

I wanted to thank you for your writing back! I really do appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that you stayed with us! I did note your comments regarding your experience. I am very sorry our hotel was not up to the level you expect. This does not represent the standard that we expect. I will address with my team as we strive to improve. I know this does nothing to make up for a less than satisfactory experience, but hopefully will demonstrate our commitment to our guests. We do welcome your suggestions and comments as it helps us improve. Thank you again and we hope to you give us another opportunity. If you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at rich.lundt@jqh.com or 505 798 6410.

Richard Lundt

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We are here for the Balloon Festival and the rates are much higher during this week but so worth it. Tonite we watched the fire works from our room. Comfortable beds in Marriott as usual. I recently became Marriott gold and had access to the private lounge for loyal Marriott customers. Cynthia working in the Lounge was friendly and made us all feel comfortable. The bar area and concierge lounge area for all Marriott guests is very comfortable . We will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We take great pride in providing exceptional service. Balloon Fiesta is such a fun event and I am glad you were able to visit during this time of year! Cyntia is such a fantastic associate and I will make sure to commend her! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again!