“Albuquerque”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #69 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Friendly front desk, quiet location. Nice gym with good amount of aerobic machines. Beds comfortable. My room was not exceptionally large, in the future I'll seek out residence inn as I like having larg living area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when my staff takes such good care of our guests! We do offer a wide variety of suites which we can upgrade you should they be available. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed for 6 days and found the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It is in a business park with walking trails for the early morning walks. The fountain in the lobby was a relaxing treat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when my staff takes such good care of our guests! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for one night on my way to Philmont scout ranch. Had 28 in my contingent and was booked through Blue Sky Adventures. Buffet for dinner and breakfast was great. Room had an odor. Not sure what it was, unlikely mildew since its so dry. Room was a little dated/worn. Would stay here again

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the areas where we can improve. Our rooms should always be clean and fresh. Please accept my apologies for this shortfall. I can assure you; I will share all of your comments with my team and will make sure that we improve the areas you noted. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The building exterior is tarted up to look like a pyramid; slightly amusing. The rooms on the Concierge Floor are a good size and of the usual Marriott high quality and comfort. Alas, for a no smoking hotel, the room had obviously been used by smokers over a long period. There was no room fridge or minibar. All floors are served by just two rather slow elevators, so there can be longish waits at busy periods. Shirts cost $2.65 to be laundered. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you complain if the room smells of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback on our associates! Many of our guests really enjoy our uniqueness! Our Pyramid shape is immediately recognizable! I would like to apologize for the smell of cigarette smoke. We are a 100% smoke free building and we should have done a much better job of eradicating that smell. I can assure you; I will share all of your comments with my team and will make sure that we improve the areas you noted. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The building is just very very odd and interesting, particularly if you are sitting in the restaurant. I would certainly recommend staying there. Not the most convenient location but...Nice restaurant. Good parking. Hotels rarely strike me as interest in themselves but this place is just, well, weird.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

I wanted to thank you for writing a review and for the nice comments. Our property is so unique and such a landmark for our state. I really do appreciate your recommendation! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have an office near this hotel and while it is an older property it serves very well for a stay. There are not many hotels of this quality in this area - there are several hotels off the Interstate but not good like the Mariott for business travel when you have clients. Rooms are great and great bathrooms - top service and the staff really wants to help you. It is a bit unique interior and has that good southwetern appeal - would recomend this property!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! It is always so nice to get comments on how wonderful our staff is. I also appreciate your comments on our southwestern appeal and the high quality guest rooms.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and hope to see you soon...

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is an older and solid Marriott, that looks like a Pyramid from the outside and an Embassy suites on the inside with it's 9 stories of internal balconies, with glass elevators that take you up to your floor as you watch the bar and dining area recede below you.
The front desk staff and bell captain were really nice, welcoming and attentive and he even mentioned my request for more feather pillows (which never materialized).
The room was large enough but with a tiny bathroom. No swinging a cat in here!
Even though the bed (little too soft) and the linens were comfortable, with no less than two TV's (one to watch from the sofa and one from the bed) the room felt old. Also there was the stale smell of cigarette smoke coming through the air vents. I turned the air conditioning off but the smell came through all night. Didn't sleep much and looked forward to leaving early for fresh air.
The hotel is on the edge of Albuquerque so you need a car to get places and there is a huge brand new casino less than a mile away.I didn't eat here so I can't comment.

Room Tip: Up high facing west for a view of the Sandias..but you will have the highway there. The East looks...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback on our associates! I would also like to apologize for the smell of cigarette smoke. We are a 100% smoke free building and we should have done a much better job of eradicating that smell. I can assure you, I will share all of your comments with my team and will make sure that we improve the areas you noted. We are currently planning for a full renovation, but that is no excuse for not smelling clean and fresh. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. We do welcome your suggestions and comments as it helps us improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!