“Great Staff”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Of course on my 12th stay here and knowing that I was going to review, the staff was spot on!!! (Well maybe they didn't know, but I did). My service, my room, the whole place is smiles and how can we help you.

This is a friendly place. Great rooms, great service, great outlook!!!! I stay here whenever I am in in ABQ. They are a customer first oriented place!

The Elevators suck, but give the opportunity to know your fellow traveller

• Stayed: March 2012
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel! It is always gratifying to hear the good experiences our guests have! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago, but don't remember it being so dated. We had a suite with a queen size pull-out sofa sleeper, which was not comfortable for just sitting and watching TV. The televisions are new flat screens, but that's about the only new thing there. The sink took forever to drain. The linens were nice, but the furniture looked like it came out of a garage sale......20 years ago. The doors did not fit their frames and we had to put a towel along the bottom of the door to the hallway. Also, no matter where you set the thermostat, prepare to roast. The hair dryer was superior to most hotels. The noise level from the atrium style architecture was unbelievable. It didn't help that there were buses of children (apparently with few chaparones). The kids were running up and down the hallways on all floors and up and down the stairwells slamming doors. Finally we had to call the front desk for some intervention. Unlike most hotels were the noise is confined to the floor you are on, this one treats you with noise from EVERYWHERE!

We attended a wedding which was located in the "pavilion". It was lovely and the staff was terrific. However, there is no restroom and since the pavilion is located behind the hotel, you had to walk from behind up along and into the Convention Center to use the restrooms. This was extremely inconvenient.

The staff was wonderful everywhere, the room service was excellent and fast. The buffet was the same every morning. And I mean the SAME!

I would not stay in this hotel again, there are too many other choices.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel. If you must stay here, call and ask if they have any groups of k...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the comments where we can improve. I can assure you, I will share all of your comments with me team and will make sure that we improve the areas you noted. We should have done a better job handling all the children. I am sorry you had to endure all the noise. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. We do welcome your suggestions and comments as it helps us improve. Thank you again and we hope you give us another opportunity!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

The entire staff was helpful, attentive, and indicative of the Marriott way. The facility was clean and appeared to be well maintained. But...everything is long in the tooth and needs a makeover. Furniture is dated and the veneers are peeling. Towels are threadbare. THere are no attempts at conservation: no recycling, no towel reuse offering, etc. I might stay here again but only if the other Marriott is full.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ThingsINotice

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the comments where we can improve. We should have done a better job with the towel quality and I will meet with my team to make sure this does not happen again. I can assure you, we do have an active recycling program. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. We do welcome your suggestions and comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

As expected everything was easy, pleasant and clean from making the reservation to checking out. The reason I wanted to write this review is the little extras. The extra down pillows were perfect for me. The towels could have been a bit better but that is minor.I was there for a conference and they handled the convention things - food, turning over rooms etc professionally and expeditiously.
The best part is, I had lost my memory stick while I was there. It actually fell out of my car. They found it in the parking lot, tracked me down and mailed it to me within days. Especially appreciated because my computer had messed up and deleted (ok, maybe it was me) a couple of files that did not get saved and were on my lost stick!
Thank you Marriott for a great stay and going that extra step!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when my staff takes such good care of our guests! Lost and found is one of most difficult items to handle and I am glad we were able to get the memory stick back to you. I will make sure to commend my team. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Check in was a breeze, room was clean. We had asked for extras when making reservations: extra towels, pillows, high floor. We were on the 8th out of 10 floors, had one extra pillow and towel waiting for us on the bed. I can say that the towels were horrible: one was so thin I probably could have ripped a hole in it with my pinky. The hotel over all is dated but it was clean and all the staff we encountered were pleasant and friendly. The breakfast buffet was great: made to order omlets, waffles, etc. Great location if wanting to visit the Sandia Peak Tramway (which was fabulous and well worth the cost). We only ate breakfast (twice) at the hotel so can't comment on other meals. Overall, wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Was nice to have a mini fridge (empty, no overpriced items in it to purchase) in the room.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor and was glad we did: Even way up high, could hear the very LOUD...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate all of your comments. I will share all of your comments with me team and will make sure that we improve the areas you noted. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here on my recent trip to AQ and chose to go with the Marriott. The hotel is pretty dated and needs a refresh. It also didn't feel so clean, the sheets had old stains on them and I found a stray hair.

The staff was quite friendly. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were horrible for my taste. This was the best hotel room temperature wise that I've been in in a long while.

I will be staying somewhere else next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that our hotel's cleanliness was not up to our standards. Providing basic service is essential to a good stay and satisfied guests. I apologize that this was not the case and I appreciate the fact that you brought this to our attention. Certainly comments such as yours help us to improve as a hotel. We know that there is no compensation that can bring back your time spent on this; however if their is anything we can do, please contact me at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We do value you as a guest, and would like to see you in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Yup! The Marriott is structured in the shape of an Aztec pyramid. Given this Marriott is located close to the historic old town of Albuquerque, the pyramid exterior seems quite appropriate. The hotel interior has traditional adobe style walls. Since my visit was during Christmas season, I also got the opportunity to see the illuminatus lights surrounding the outer silhouette of the pyramid at night. It was a beautiful scene. Our room came with a king bed, a sofabed and a balcony that faced the inner garden/courtyard area. We did experience some issues with the TV remote control. It was out of battery and the staff did not manage to replace new batteries after we requested. Other than that, our room was comfortable, clean and spacious.

There is also a nice hot tub and an indoor pool in the separate wing of the hotel. So, it does require you to run through the garden/courtyard from one wing to another in order to get to the hot tub facility. In the winter time, it may deter some guests from venturing outside in the snow before jumping into the hot tub or vice versa when you have to head back. But we did it anyways. It was quite fun; one second you are in the snow and the next you are in a hot tub seeing steam evaporating from the water. Just be sure to switch to dry warm clothes on your way out. In general, the staff here is pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We checked into the hotel late at night due to our flight delay. The hotel restaurant and other rest...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madame E

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our hotel really does fit with the unique culture of New Mexico! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!