“Nasty Customer Care Rep”

Courtyard Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Called customer care to express concern about hotel giving confirmed reservation away and offering me another room at another hotel that I don't like staying the suggested hotel. Customer care said they were doing their job, got loud with me then hung up the phone on me. No I'm sorry for your inconvenience! Poor customer service administration. Never experienced such a thing before. And I'm a regular guest!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank I2cul8er
CVZCY, Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent visit to the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport. Without feedback from guests such as you we have no way of getting better.

I was disappointed to read about your experience and I can see how frustrating it can be to not receive what you were expecting. I apologize that your experience happened at our hotel and I would like you to know that is not how we normally operate for our guests. I have shared your comments with my staff at the hotel and our customer care in order to improve the service we provide.

Thank you for being a regular Marriott guest. We appreciate your business and look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Chris Van Zele

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is convenient. It's located a couple blocks from the airport. It's clean. The linens and towels are in good shape. But Albuquerque is HOT. And you need air-conditioning. And the air-conditioners in the rooms apparently CAN'T be in a "fan-on" position on a permanent basis (at least the engineer I had up to the room said it wasn't possible). And so the fan starts and stops all night long. It makes the same sound as a small hover-craft landing in your room - EVERY 20 minutes. So, if you stay here, unless hover-craft-start-stop is "lulling" to you, you will not sleep.

But wait....go downstairs and get a cup of coffee in the morning to get you on your dead-tired way. Nope. They have a little-mini café where you can BUY coffee, after you wait in line (for a LONG time) while the ONE employee takes orders, makes coffee, serves and cleans up. If you aren't in a hurry, and you aren't in a bad mood from not having slept all night, this might work for you.

If you are paying for a hotel to actually sleep in and would like a quick cup of coffee in the morning, this place is NOT for you. Nor for me .... ever again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Journeymun
Niessa K, Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent visit to the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport. Without honest feedback from guests such as you we have no way of getting better.

I am disappointed to hear about the challenges you experienced about the noise of the air conditioner unit in your room. I apologize that you were unable to get a restfut night at the hotel and I want you to know that I have shared your comments with our team to continue to improve the service we offer our guests. I have met with our engineering team to find a better solution to the concern you have shared about the noise.

Problems and challenges will happen occasionally no matter how well we prepare. In the event of these problems my staff and I are prepared to respond in a manner that reflects Marriott's service culture that ensures our guest comfort and satisfaction have been met.

Chris Van Zele
505-843-6600

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location of the hotel was convenient to Sunport Airport. Price we got was very good, especially considering it was on a Friday night. The room was clean and adequate however the sound insulation was poor. We could hear everyone that walked up and down the hallway. Breakfast was not included with the room.

Room Tip: We asked for a first floor room and they put it us in the very back of the hotel. It was acceptable...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Have been to many wonderful Courtyards in the last 20 years or so. This place was poor in comparison.
The front desk clerk was very friendly but he gave us a room that was just adequate. Meanwhile, the hotel seemed to have very few guests.

Most disappointing was the breakfast set-up. Rather than a breakfast room, they have several people behind a counter selling over-priced McDonald's- type fast food. We had no choice but to buy the cheapest, which was $8.50 for an English muffin with an egg on top. The coffee was also way overpriced. There are so many choices of hotels at the airport. Don't waste your time on this one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank houdi
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Being greeted by a front desk clerk with smokers breath is not a good way to start off a stay. The hotel was fine, typical for a courtyard. Room was average size and clean. My welcome gift of 350 points was never credited to my account. Did not have breakfast because the place was packed. Embassy suites was much nicer at a lower cost with a free breakfast.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We like staying in Courtyards because they are always roomy, clean, comfortable and upscale. What set this one apart were there bath towels: noticeably softer than almost any other hotel we have stayed in!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Niessa K, Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff takes pride in offering a clean, comfortable room and we are very pleased that you enjoyed our soft and clean bath towels during your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff and we thank you for choosing Marriott when you travel. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Albuquerque.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed over black Friday to do some shopping so we were in and out of the hotel. At check in front desk clerk was nowhere to be found, we did arrive a little late but we waited about 15 min before he came out from the back office. After check in we went up to our room and got settled in the room was great clean beds were very nice comfortable. Room had our own private balcony which was nice. It is however very nice and worth the money.. Will stay again.

Room Tip: ask for top floors
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. After reviewing your comments, I would like to share with that the staff is very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly renovated rooms and we look forward to welcoming you back. I apologize that the clerk took so long to assist you upon your arrival. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a welcoming experience to each of our guests and I am disappointed that we unable to provide it during your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff and used it to improve the service we offer. Thanks again for the review, we appreciate the feedback about your experience.