“I expected more from Ramada”

Quality Inn University
Ranked #86 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
pittsburgh
“I expected more from Ramada”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Having stayed at Ramada's in the past and having good experiences, I was totally taken back by my stay at this hotel. The sink was dirty, the bath room was dirty, there was only 2 towels and wash cloth in the room. The carpet was dirty and when we went to bed and the linen was pulled back spiders came out of the bed linen. When telling the front desk attendant about my experience "they will try to do better next time." For me there willnot be a next time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 15, 2010

My travel budget is not great so it was between the Days Inn and the Ramada (formerly the Comfort Inn). I spent a little extra on the Ramada because it was supposed to have a fitness center (an elliptical and a treadmill with a mirror to make it look bigger n pictures). The room was dirty, the bathroom was dirty, and the carpets had cigarette burns on them. There is no cable tv - only 4 local channels. Breakfast was okay - nothing special, just a typical continental breakfast. I was surprised to learn that other area hotels had free airport shuttles,but it cost me $30 roundtrip for the Ramada.
Overall, I would recommend staying at another hotel - there are many in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Yorba Linda
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I booked this hotel during Balloon Fiesta 2006 and was quite satisfied with the property. It is in the process of being remodeled, so some of the concerns from the previous reviews I found did not apply. The hotel is a 3 star property, but the room was clean and functional and the bedding was okay. The pillows could have been better, but that was the only item we could find fault with. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful and efficient.

The hotel is close to both the I-25 and the I-40, as well as Old Town. There are several restaurants within walking distances and there is a convenience store right next door to grab some goodies or drinks.

I did not use the pool, but several guests did and the area did appear clean and well maintained. The guests who were using the area appeared to be having a great time.

While not the best hotel in Albuquerque, this property is certainly adequate for most needs, but don't expect a 5 star property for a 2 star price.

• Liked — Close to the park and ride for Balloon Fiesta, Old Town, and freeways
  • Disliked — The pillows were not very comfortable
  • Tips/Secrets — The Range Cafe across the street (Menaul) serves the best breakfasts!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Chele60
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2006

I've stayed here a few times. The last time was 1/2/06 on a quick business trip. The rates through the hotel were only $49. So for the money, I thought the place was fine. There was wireless high speed internet which was a surprise. The place was a value. The front desk friendly. The bed was ok, the bathroom ok and the TV was fine with it seemed like a lot of channels. I Liked the room. Nothing fancy but for the price, no major complaints except for that I slept late and the housekeeping was a bit overzealous in getting me out at check out time, but she probably wanted to go home as well, so I tried to hurry and understand. I've seen nicer Comfort Inns but not at this price. The next step up hotel was in the $60 range and I just didn't want to pay anymore for one night.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed August 1, 2005

I booked a room at the Midtown Comfort Inn (Menaul at University) online at a discount, so it was a good bargain at $50 or so, but this motel has some real maintenance problems: slow drains, stained carpets, old bedspread, a running toilet. The staff was friendly, though, and changed rooms for me and let me print my airline boarding pass at their terminal downstairs. Still, not very clean or professionally maintained for a Comfort Inn.

3 Thank LuckyWest
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 20, 2005

Spent one night at the Comfort Inn Midtown. I found the staff friendly and the room clean. Breakfast choices included waffles, bagles, toast, apples, cereal, juice, coffee, and milk. In my room the bath spigot dripped but the noise was not an issue with the bathroom door closed and I had no trouble sleeping. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2005