“Pass” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Weatherford, Texas
“Pass”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Last minute stay and those rarely turn out well with this hotel being no exception. Outdated, unkept, and not comfortable. I agree with the other reviewers about breakfast - pretty bad and get there early. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my last night on the road after a long motorcycle trip. I knew Santa Rosa had some good hotel choices (Days Inn being one) but that was 100 miles away. I wanted to stay on the east side of the city if I didn't go on to Santa Rosa. I spotted the Comfort Inn sign so off I went looking forward to an early relaxing evening in a "cool" hotel room, not! It wasn't the easiest to get to. WARNING: It appeared to be one of those 1960s "modern motels" for the 60s with outside entrances and the outside wall almost all window.

The two ladies I dealt with at the desk were fine. They did all they could for me. I am not too hard to please as I find KOA cabins good and even a tent is often my lodging for the night.

First off it was a hot June day in the high 90s with the sun still blazing. I was hot and tired after riding through some very hot dry dusty areas of Arizona and New Mexico. I walk into the room to find the A/C was not on, so it was very hot in the room. I turned it on before anything else. After dropping some of my gear and making a trip to my motorcycle to retrive some more gear I checked to see if any cool air was coming out of the A/C. No, but it was noisey. Also I did not have a rerfrigerator which was suppose to be in there. Not a big deal but I like to put water bottles in there for my ice chest for the next day, the ice makers did not work either. Long story short: I complained at the front desk and the nice lady gave me a different room but no refrig and the A/C wasn't on plus it was facing west so the room was even hotter. A/C cooled it down enough to sleep by 2:00 AM. Even after several calls about the refrig. I never got one, only promises from maintenance. I complained again at the front desk when I checked out and I did get a discounted bill. I told the lady at check out it was the worst Comfort Inn I have ever stayed and every Motel 6 is a better choice. I have alwaysj been pleased with Comfort Inn but I'll check the rooms from now on before checking in. I know about conservation but what don't places turn on the A/C at least on during the hot season for the guests when they check in. At least so it might be in the 80s at check in. I even had a KOA have it on in one of there cabins when I checked in. I only give it poor instead of terrible because of the ladies at the front desk. I like to think it was clean. I think the name has changed to Econo on their site.

Room Tip: Drive throught the parking lot first. When it is hot be sure the A/C works before checking in or at...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hot Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have stayed at this place every time we travel to California from Arkansas. We always were pleased. However the last time was a disappointment. The breakfast served is now a continental breakfast, Gone are the waffles, sausages, scrambled eggs,and bagels ,. Now we have cold cereal, rolls, toast and coffee..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fladnag
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was really surprised this was a Comfort Inn I've stayed in many and never see one so rundown. So dirty, outdated tv that doesn't work, old beat up furniture, sections of poorly patched wallpaper, hole in the bathroom door and I could go on.

• Stayed October 2012
Carterville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We walked into the room and at first glance I thought it was a nice big room. About 2 seconds later I realized the room was tiny, with one whole wall a large mirror. The room was dreary and the gaps around the door would allow any creature to crawl in, including tarantula's or rattlesnakes. But that was the good news. Morons above our room starting partying about 10 pm and finally I called the desk at 11:40 pm and asked to be moved to another room since sleep was impossible and we had a 9 hour drive the next day. He said he could not hear any noise. "WELL DUH" He was locked up in a lobby office in a separate building with a pool and courtyard and 52 rooms separating him from the racket! We finally got moved into what he called "his last room" and it was quiet so we could get some rest. I certainly would not recommend this noisy, dark and dreary place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelingBirdsWeAre
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Horrible place 2 stay... Rooms r nasty, bathrooms r tiny, parking lot is full of roaches, washer and dryer don't work, ice machine is dirty, soda machine always empty, pet area is nasty, weight room is always out of order, pool is dirty, black ring around the hot tub, always open 2 the public when it should b locked. The area SUCKS!!! The owner has ppl off the street working 4 him now u tell me what kind of place is this... Stay away if u know ways good 4 u.... Don't waste ur time and money. I will never stay in this roach motel again!

• Stayed June 2012