“More than adequate at ABQ”

Ramada Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #44 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe
“More than adequate at ABQ”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Ramada is one of two dozen motels clustered near ABQ. This hotes offers many room amenities, coffee maker, iron, microwave, small fridge, and a hot breakfast in the lobby. TV is old, but OK; A/C is noisy. Room is large, spartanly furnished. ABQ is 1/2 mile away, and can be walked if shuttle van is inconvenient. AAA, AARP and Senior discounts available, as well as at HotelCoupons.com.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Troy, New York
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good value for the price, close to the airport as well which is nice if you have an early morning flight. It is between a Waffle House and a Village Inn which is really nice as well. Bring your own pillow if you don't like really soft pillows. The A/C was noisier than I would have liked, but I think that is because they are older units.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirtland, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

BUGS (ROACHES) BY THE POOL AND JACUZZI at night. Rooms are not as clean as you think, we found a used condom / wrapper and a quarter between the night stand and bed!!!!
MANAGEMENT CAN NOT BE REACH!!! Try to speak with management since Friday night!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Anthony W, General Manager at Ramada Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

First I would like to say that I was alerted to your stay on Monday June 10th, and when told by my staff that you were extremely aggravated by bugs by the pool and hot tube I was certainly confused by that. We have an outdoor pool and Hot tube and the fact that it is outside is the reason why there are bugs. We cannot control the bug population outside the hotel, my job along with my staff is to ensure that there are no bugs in guest rooms and the breakfast area, these are my concerns. Your other issue with the hotel is that you found a used condom wrapper in the room by the bed when you dropped your phone, (did you happen to take a picture with your phone) although I cannot say one way or another if that is true or not I would have to say that I have a hard time believing your story. These are the reasons why: The last time that room was rented was on the 26th of May, my Executive Housekeeper goes into every room and thoroughly inspects to make sure that the rooms are as they should be and I have never had any issues and we constantly get guest reviews saying that though our rooms are outdated a bit they are always clean. Lastly based on your first claim about the bugs by the pool I have a hard time believing that you found anything in your room. I would also like to address your claim that you have not spoken to management, this is also confusing to me you in fact talked with my Front Office Manager Charlene on multiple occasions Monday June 10th you stopped by the hotel and talked with her and Wednesday June 12th you called here and spoke with her, demanding to be compensated for your stay, I know for a fact you were going to be staying for two nights and prepaid for two nights in cash and when you saw the bugs by the pool you no longer wanted to stay the two nights and demanded your money back from my front desk agent when they only gave you back one night, I believe you made up a story to be compensated for your whole stay.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

København, Danmark
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Typical motel style. Old furniture, old tv, basic breakfast. Inventory in reception etc. is old, but it is close to the airport, and what to expect for 70 USD for a night. If neighboors are noisy you will hear it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to say first that although we have outdated furniture my housekeeping team makes sure that everything is clean and looking fresh. With that said I wanted to let you know that we will be updating in the near future and very excited for the changes that will occur. I did have a question on what you meant by inventory in reception is old, I would certainly love to hear your thoughts on that.

if you are ever in the area please let me know I would love to meet you and have you back with us.

Los Alamos, New Mexico
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is the closest one can get to the Sunport and my family has utilized it for a long time. It's really nice that the Village Inn is right next door, especially at midnight. The only thing I didn't like are the small square pillows. What's with square? My head kept falling off. It is also a nice location for dog walking with a sidewalk heading out behind the hotel. And the dogs who live at the business behind the hotel are quite friendly-- a dachsund and a pit bull, which is an important thing when you are dog walking in a strange place. The front desk attendant, Mary, was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay and your review, I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts on our service. I wanted to let you know that we have plans on updating everything in rooms in the near future. Because we were a Comfort Inn before their Brand Standard was 4 Square Pillows that is what we had to abide by, but now that we are a Ramada we have been making some changes and the pillows are absolutely on our list.

I am happy to hear that our desk Agent Mary was very helpful and Friendly.

Please let me know when you are in the Albuquerque again we would love to have you back.

Lauterach, Austria
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Martina P.
Price and what you get for is great., the full american breakfast with eggs, sausage and waffles, coffee and orangejuice was great, there was also always sombody taking care of the breakfast, when I arrived late at night, I had a jet lag and the friendly person at the front desk welcomed me, that really helped. The rooms are really big and very comfortable, spezially the bed was great.I really enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. Also the location ist good, if you are arriving or flighing out of Albuquerque. Even the maides were very friendly. I'd like to come back.
Good breakfast and great rooms, good beds,
friendly stuff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very pleased to know that your stay with us was a great and that you enjoyed the accommodations while you were here.

Please let me know when you are in the Albuquerque area again I will personally make your reservation. We would certainly love to have you back with us.

Have a wonderful day, I look forward to meeting you next time you are here.

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed May 22, 2013

this Ramada property is good enough for what I needed my only issue is that is in need of an update, with that said, it has a very good location, they offer a continental breakfast that is filling, the staff is very accommodating, and friendly, there are a few restaurants within walking distance for breakfast ,lunch and dinner, not really worthy of the Ramada name, but it was comfortable

Room Tip: free shuttle van to and from the airport free continental breakfast Applebees, Fudruckers, IHO...