“Good Value”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 18, 2006

We stayed 6 nights during the ’06 Balloon Fiesta. We found the accommodations spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast is definitely a high point. Its location also allows easy travel in any direction.

Those booking, during the Balloon Fiesta, should be aware that there are two price schedules. When we talked to them via phone, they quoted a significantly higher price than what was quoted on the ClubHouse website. I guess their national website doesn’t account for local events. We booked on-line and had no problem with them honoring that price.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Barbara Conley, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2006

Hello!

Thank you so much for leaving a review here for prospective guests. It means a lot to us that you took the time to do so.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to Albuquerque and the Balloon Fiesta and I'm glad that the extra time that you invested in getting the best rate resulted in a good deal for you. During Balloon Fiesta, and any time, there are several ways to book online and directly, and the rates do vary. You were smart to try a few ways to see the best deal.

We enjoyed having you with us as much as you enjoyed being here, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do stop by my office and say hello the next time you are here.

Reviewed October 18, 2006

This is a great place to stay. We visited during 2006 Balloon Fiesta week and the staff was very accomodating. We found Clubhouse Inn & Suites at the last minute due to our other accomodations we had in Albuquerque were awful. Lucky for us Clubhouse Inn had a cancellation. The room was clean and very quiet and comfortable. The breakfast tasted good and always plenty of it for as many people as they were serving. The price of the room was a good value too. Next time we visit Albuquerque or other locations that have a Clubhouse Inn & Suites, I will check with them first. Thank you to your staff for making our vacation one we will remember.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so glad we were able to be a welcomed alternative during your trip. It was our pleasure to serve you.

I am always anxious in the weeks before Balloon Fiesta, because I know that we are turning folks away on our sold out nights, but that we will probably end up having cancellations - and we could have accommodated som eof those we turned away. So it was delightful to hear that at least one of those cancellations was filled!

Thank you very much for your patronage, and we look forward to seeing you again. Please do stop by my office and say hello when you are next with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2006

This is a two story motel with several extras. The rooms form four sides of a courtyard with a pool in the middle, creating the feel of an oasis. Room entrance is via interior hallways. Most nights there is a manager's reception with two free drinks for every adult guest. The bartender made us special drinks with the ingredients he had and they were delicious.

The room was good, but nothing exceptional. The beds were comfortable, but not great. There are no elevators, so we had to lug our heavy suitcases up the stairs to our second floor room. The shower had a water-saving device which greatly reduced water flow.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, with several hot items including eggs, sausage, hash browns, and so on. There was a wide variety of foods and drinks. Breakfast can be eaten on the patio next to the pool. There is also a nice sitting area just off the lobby.

Service was very friendly, prompt, and competent. This is a good motel, conveniently located near I-25 and I-40. If the price is right, this can be an attractive choice.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Dutch Brother

Greetings! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review here for our hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the ambiance and amenities that we offer - most of them came about from suggestions from our guests! That in mind, I've apprised our GM of your comments about the beds and the shower heads. We are refitting a section of our rooms this winter with new bathroom fixtures this winter, and beds are regularly replaced, so we may be able to make some changes in those areas. As for the elevator, I may actually want one more than you did, and I'll keep campaigning.

Thank you so much for your review of our property - we truly appreciate your feedback. Please do stop in my office and say hello the next time you are with us.

Reviewed September 14, 2006

My husband and I travel to Albuquerque twice a year for 3 day mini vacations. We have stayed in several hotels in that area searching for the one we liked the best. Clubhouse Inn & Suites is the best by far. It's clean, comfortable, quiet, and has a very
friendly staff. We feel the value we get for our money is great. They serve a full "hot" breakfast and you dine in a very nice room overlooking their patio area. During the week, there is a Managers Special where you can enjoy an evening cocktail, a snack and conversation to wind down from your day. Clubhouse Inn and Suites, in our opinion, has a great location. We can drive in either direction and be where we want to be in just a few miles.
All in all, we give this hotel a great big "thumbs up" and we will continue to stay here everytime we are in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cruiseluvrs
Barbara Conley, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2006

We are so glad to have you here with us when you come to Albuquerque for your mini-vacations (I've got to try some of those myself!).
I'm delighted that you find it clean, comfortable, quiet, and that you enjoy our staff. I know they enjoy serving you!
It's important to us that our guests feel that the value of our hotel is worth their patronage, so thank you for your loyalty and your thumbs up rating!
I look forward to seeing you the next time you are with us, please do stop by my office and say hello.

Reviewed August 23, 2006

The first non smoking King Suite had a strong smoke odor...so we switched to a different suite. This one had a faint cat urine smell I assume becuase they allow pets. The breakfast was great and staff was friendly/helpful. I don't think I will stay there again but I am fairly picky about odors.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alaw98
Barbara Conley, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2006

Greetings! First, let me thank you for choosing us, we are glad to have had your patronage here. And second, thank you for your honest review of our hotel - we truly appreciate you taking the time to do leave your review here.

While complaints of odors are not common, I am so sorry that you encountered odors in both rooms you were in while you were here. We do steamclean and deep clean our rooms regularly, but it does happen where a guests smokes in a non-smoking room or an errant pet leaves their odors behind. We have asked our housekeeping staff to be more vigilent in catching any odors so we can address them before a guest checks in, as happened in your case.

I cannot determine which room you were in from your review, but we have 17 suites, and are going over each one carefully as a result of your post.

Again, thank you for your post, and I do hope you give us a second chance. If you do, please stop by my office and say hello.

Reviewed August 21, 2006

Stayed here one night and it's good value for the money. It was clean and my room was quiet. I will probably stay there again.

2  Thank laine25

Hello, and thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here at TripAdvisor for our hotel. I'm so glad you found us to be a good value.
We were glad to have been of service, and we look forward to having you with us again.
Take care, and please do stop by my office and say hello the next time you are with us.
-Barbara

Reviewed August 20, 2006

It started with a free shuttle from the airport.
All staff friendly, courteous, accomodating above and beyond.
Free drinks and snacks every evening.
Very nice room of average size, good cable, microwave, refrig, etc.
Free full breakfast buffet.
Free shuttles daily to and from our conference site several miles away.
Free shuttle to and from Old Town Albuquerque even farther away.
Finally off to the airport four days later.
A definite return.

3  Thank Brad42

Greetings,
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenities that we offer. It was absolutely our pleasure to have served you.
When you next stay with us, please do stop by my office and say hello.