“It did the job”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Convenient hotel with very nice and helpful staff. Breakfast was good. Like a previous person said the beds were bouncy but rooms were clean. Nothing nearby to walk too but university and various restaurants were near via car.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CAHumboldter

Reviewed February 7, 2010

My parents stay here all the time when they visit so we stayed three nights on their reccomendation. The staff was very kid to allow us an early check in after a 14 hour drive from Texas. While the rooms are nothing fancy we stayed in the suites and had lots of extra room. There is a small refrigerator in the room as well which is a plus with kids. One of the best values at this hotel is the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. Its convenient, great green chile stew and can't beat the price especially for all six of us. They also have an evening reception with two free drinks. The bartender was very amicable. The location is right at I-25 and I-40 and its pretty easy to head any direction from there. for families with children the suite has a king bed (or two queens) with a fold out bed. Our bed was a little bouncy for my taste but not enough to ruin our stay there. This is jsut a great family value hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Holly B
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Free breakfast was far better than most hotels of this type. Staff was a tad on the gruff side. Room was somewhat small but clean. Free internet in the room was a plus. They provide 2 free very small drinks loaded with ice during happy hour which seems to draw a lot of business people.

I had reservations for a king bed room. When I arrived the attendent said here's your reservation, but I'm sorry there are no more king rooms are available.
Nice to know the Clubhouse Inn does not really honor your reservation! They were happy to give me a queen bed and charge me the same price as a king however which I reluctantly had to pay. They refused to honor my tax exempt status.
I asked for a quiet location on the top floor. They said there was one room available. They did not direct me to an elevator. I searched quite a bit and could not find any guest elevator in the motel, so I labored to lug my suitcase up the stairway, fortunately there are only 2 floors. My room faced the interior courtyard/ pool and was a bit noisy with background freeway noise. Quite a few slamming doors Thursday evening.
I arrived Sunday about 8:00pm and found there was no room service or restaurant within walking distance. The fast delivery from local restaurant card in my room led me to a local Internet site that revealed all the decent restaurants were closed. An inconvenient waste of my time!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Road-Four-runner
Reviewed November 14, 2009

My reservation was for $80 per night for a standard room with a queen bed. On previous trips to Albuqueque, I have stayed at different hotels but thought I would try this hotel based on the reviews and the fact that it was closer to the location of my business meeting. Overall, this is an average hotel. It has a dated look and feel but it is very well maintained. This hotel is the definition of no frills. I rate this hotel average because it is just not as good as some of the other comparable options in the area like Hyatt Place or Staybridge Suites (located near the airport).

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Clubhouse Inn is very conveniently located in the central part of Albuquerque. They have a drink reception from 5-7 daily but they only give you (2) drink coupons and the drinks/beers are very small. But, that's much better than most hotels give you. Their breakfast buffet is the main reason I've stayed here for well over 10 years. The rooms are clean as is the rest of the hotel. Parking and access to rooms is convenient, too. They offer a card that keeps track of your stays.........every 11th night is free. They will also laminate your business card into a luggage tag for free. Nice touch. If you are looking for a good value in Albuquerque, you won't go wrong @ Clubhouse Inn.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Stayed four nights, offers shuttle service, about 2 miles from convention center, free parking, large room with balcony, our room had separated bedroom, super clean, good breakfast, comp drinks in evening, easy to find, easy to drive in and out of.

Very clean and comfortable, lots of lamps/lights.

Great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We had never been to Albuquerque before and chose the hotel based on good reviews on Trip Advisor. My sister and her husband met us in Albuquerque and the hotel arranged for our rooms to be next to each other. The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet and it was obvious they had been recently updated. The location was ideal --- near two freeways, close to Old Town, with lots of restaurants a short drive away. The morning breakfast buffet was quite good and offered hot items like scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon or sausage, plus make your own waffles, cereals, fruit, etc. We also enjoyed the evening reception as a great way to unwind after a day of sightseeing. When we first checked in we didn't think we would go to the reception more than once but as it turns out we attended all three nights we were there. We didn't use the pool or jacuzzi but the pool area seemed quite nice and had barbecue grills guests could use. There was a computer in the lobby that guests could use for checking e-mail, printing plane tickets, etc. Vending machines offered a better selection of snacks and drinks than most hotels and the evening reception featured complimentary appetizers each night ranging from salsa and chips to egg rolls or meatballs. Be sure to visit the hotel web site and check for coupons that can save you even more money on your room. The staff was friendly and efficient and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple