“Overall great stay, sketchy parking lot though.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque

Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Portales, New Mexico
“Overall great stay, sketchy parking lot though.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I decided to book a room through Hotwire and paid $65 a night because it was nearby a show I was going to. The neighborhood is kind of sketchy, the parking lot is very dark, and someone broke into my vehicle and stole my gps, iPod, and cash. So be sure to lock your vehicle and remove all valuables. I believe someone else got broken into that night as well.

The rooms were renovated and had comfortable beds, the hotel does not have elevators so if you are disabled make arrangements with the hotel beforehand. My mom who has a knee replacement had to walk up and down the stairs.

The coolest part was the reception, where you get two drink tickets per person. I suggest the peach margarita, the bartender Ron (I believe) was quite charming and made a hell of a drink. As for the BREAKFAST BUFFET, it was delicious! Eggs, sausage, bacon, juice, waffles, cereal, green chile, potatoes, biscuits & gray.

I plan on staying again and am looking forward to it, will just gotta keep an eye on my vehicle.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elisa C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Manchester Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

...I did my homework and got what I wanted. The Clubhouse Inn had it all ! I didn't want to rent a car...They picked me up at the airport with a shuttle. My room was ready and a King Suite(great price). Plenty of room,great bed,faced the back lot but quiet and a balcony!Rodney&Trisha at the front desk were great.Talked to you like a friend not a customer. I needed something, they got it done.The complimentary things were great..real hot breakfast,two free drinks(yes they have a bar/w a menu)popcorn and fresh baked cookies out everyday. Internet and wifi, nice pool area, plenty of space to enjoy the Sun.The shuttle drivers were,for me, the best. I saw them a lot. They wore a lot of hats.Some places only have a two or three mile shuttle limit, this place had five. I never tipped so much. They took me everywhere. Chris picked me up at the airport and what a guy. Friendly but professional. I had a lot of questions, where to eat,what is there to do. He was great in taking me to the best places. The drivers were always on time and gave me a history lesson on the places in the town. There are certain places you must go to eat or shop and they got me there. The Rail Runner train to Santa Fe,Old Town/Knob Hill to shop and Nexus Brewery for the best chicken.Why Albuquerque, people ask me...Why Not!!! Prospecting for a taste of the Old West...The Clubhouse Inn is a great find!!!

Room Tip: No elevator, but only two floors. I liked the corner room back lot 229.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
6 Thank Montel38
New Caney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque is a great hotel! We loved everything, from the complimentary drinks & breakfast, to the wonderful accommodations! The beds, bathrooms, and room furnishings were all above-par! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night while traveling. We arrived early and were checked right in. They also put us close to the door and downstairs as my mom has a hard time walking, and there is no elevator.
The room was very nice and the bed was great!
We were on the "Garden View" side. This side viewed the pool, and where families grilled. As it was a Saturday night, there were a lot of people outside. Our room was pretty sound proof, but not totally.
The free breakfast had nice choices and very good.

Room Tip: Traveling with children and wanting to use the grills, you will probably want downstairs and a "...
      Rooms
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We used hotwire to find a reasonably priced room for our Albuquerque stay while traveling Route 66. This was a true gem! Property was attractive, rooms comfortable, and great pool. The icing on the cake was the staff. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Chris in guest services was right there to make sure we had everything we needed. He anticipated our needs and was always at the ready. The bartender ( I believe his name was Ken) was helpful with advice on where the locals like to eat and what to do in Albuquerque. Our room was available for early check in, which was greatly appreciated. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Albuquerque!

Joshua, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Clean older hotel that has been renovated. The room was bigger and the beds pretty good. Didn't have a fridge or microwave though. Loved the pool area--surrounded by hotel on all sides, a lovely little courtyard with trees and a nice gazebo and patio--beautiful to swim at night. Breakfast was buffet style and pretty good. Lots of people stayed in this hotel the night I was there, but it was quiet.

Location
1 Thank Rina_Ramos
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

My family came to Albuquerque because my younger brother was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at the University of New Mexico Hospital. I had done the research prior to coming because we wanted a hotel which was close by. I cannot express how fantastic this hotel has been. It is a bit older hotel; however the rooms are comfortable, the staff cannot be beat, and my mother was also happy to hear that they provide a free shuttle service to anywhere within 5 miles of the hospital. This meant she could come and go as needed to the hospital without relying on needing a car. Also, the 2 free drinks at night was a welcome sight for long days at the hospital. We stayed in one of the suites, with the 2 rooms. My parents stayed in one room and I slept on the sofa bed. My parents expressed how comfortable the normal bed was and the sofa bed was also more comfortable than some of the "normal" beds I've slept on in name brand hotels. Additionally, my mom and dad quite enjoyed the "family" feel around her, seeing families laughing and having fun in the morning at the free breakfast or splashing around in the pool. Overall it has been a small oasis for us during a difficult time. Thank you, Clubhouse Inn!