I think most people have said how "family friendly" this place is and they are correct. While it was just my husband and myself, we enjoyed watching other kids in the pool. We had a couple of issues while we stayed here for 11-days, that might not be issues for others.
Because of the length of our stay it was imperative that the hotel have the following amenities for us which included Free Wi-Fi and Laundry facilities. I also asked to stay on the top floor away from the elevator and ice machine because I am a very light sleeper and we get up at 3:30am for our sports event every day for 10 days (the 11th day is getting on a plane). They honored my wish for the top floor.
Unfortunately the free wi-fi didn't work in our room. When I let the front desk know, they told me they would try and reset it. It still did not work so I let them know one more time and I got the same answer, that they needed to reset it. After that I never brought it to their attention again. My fault? Maybe... but I shouldn't have to call them every day and tell them I need them to reset the internet to be able to use it. Be aware - - - They DO NOT have ELEVATORS!! If you are physically challenged and did not specially request a bottom floor, you will have to drag your luggage up the two flights of stairs. That might be hard in a wheelchair. While this doesn't seem like a big deal, it was for us because we also sent a 55 pound box to the hotel ahead of time that held all of our kitchen/cooking stuff that we use along with some tools that my husband needed for the sports event. So 4 suitcases at 50 pounds each, computer bags, other personal bags, the 55 pound box, the cases of water and groceries was a bit much hauling it up the two flights of stairs. I can't imagine having little ones who fall asleep in the car and need to be carried up to the room, along with the stroller, diaper bags, groceries etc...
The air conditioner worked above average, however no matter what I did, I could not keep the air on. It didn't matter what the setting was (hot/cold, high/low), I just wanted the air circulating and it would shut off completely for an hour or more, warm-up in the room and then kick on. Which would wake me up. Again, if you are younger or have little ones this might not be an issue, but it was for us.
Now we have stayed at hundreds of hotels with laundry facilities and I can tell you I would have rather they had not advertised LAUNDRY facilities! When you only have ONE WASHER and ONE DRYER cramped into a room that you cannot stand in because it is the size of a closet... you should not call that a laundry room. I drug all of my husbands work jeans and my clothes downstairs, along with the soap and laundry sheets and all of my quarters. When I got there I had to use my room key and almost fell over when I saw there was only one washer and one dryer in a hotel with hundreds of kids!!! The laundry room was NOT a laundry room. When I opened the door the washer & dryer were being used along with 6 other LARGE laundry bags stacked up in a corner staring back at me, as if they were saying... HEY we're next!!! I drug my laundry back down the hall way, around the corner and down the next hall way, up the stairs and down the next hall way. All while cussing under my breath. I ended up washing our under ware and socks out in the sink. Not my idea of "LAUNDRY" in the 21st century.
On the good side, their breakfast was incredible. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, muffins, juice, cereal etc. The kids were great, the hotel was quiet by 10:00pm, so that was never an issue. We are supposed to go back to Albuquerque in 2015, as much as I would like to stay here again, we need to have real laundry services and an elevator to get all of our junk into the room and out of the room. As far as taking the stairs for everything else, it was great exercise. So we won't be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three diamond, garden-style hotel featuring over-sized guest rooms & suites. Beautifully landscaped courtyard with outdoor pool. Indoor over-sized hot tub. Complimentary full, hot breakfast buffet and evening reception included. Over-sized guest rooms and suites featuring first-class amenities. In-room coffeemaker, hair dryer, full-size iron & board, alarm clock/radio, well-lit work desk, voice mail and free high-speed internet access. Complimentary shuttle service 7AM-7PM, reservations required. 24 hour business center and lobby coffee. Full service gym available ofsite, complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhouse Inn And Suites Albuquerque
- Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Clubhouse Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Clubhouse Hotel