“Family Friendly”

Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Sacramento, California
“Family Friendly”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I think most people have said how "family friendly" this place is and they are correct. While it was just my husband and myself, we enjoyed watching other kids in the pool. We had a couple of issues while we stayed here for 11-days, that might not be issues for others.

Because of the length of our stay it was imperative that the hotel have the following amenities for us which included Free Wi-Fi and Laundry facilities. I also asked to stay on the top floor away from the elevator and ice machine because I am a very light sleeper and we get up at 3:30am for our sports event every day for 10 days (the 11th day is getting on a plane). They honored my wish for the top floor.

Unfortunately the free wi-fi didn't work in our room. When I let the front desk know, they told me they would try and reset it. It still did not work so I let them know one more time and I got the same answer, that they needed to reset it. After that I never brought it to their attention again. My fault? Maybe... but I shouldn't have to call them every day and tell them I need them to reset the internet to be able to use it. Be aware - - - They DO NOT have ELEVATORS!! If you are physically challenged and did not specially request a bottom floor, you will have to drag your luggage up the two flights of stairs. That might be hard in a wheelchair. While this doesn't seem like a big deal, it was for us because we also sent a 55 pound box to the hotel ahead of time that held all of our kitchen/cooking stuff that we use along with some tools that my husband needed for the sports event. So 4 suitcases at 50 pounds each, computer bags, other personal bags, the 55 pound box, the cases of water and groceries was a bit much hauling it up the two flights of stairs. I can't imagine having little ones who fall asleep in the car and need to be carried up to the room, along with the stroller, diaper bags, groceries etc...

The air conditioner worked above average, however no matter what I did, I could not keep the air on. It didn't matter what the setting was (hot/cold, high/low), I just wanted the air circulating and it would shut off completely for an hour or more, warm-up in the room and then kick on. Which would wake me up. Again, if you are younger or have little ones this might not be an issue, but it was for us.

Now we have stayed at hundreds of hotels with laundry facilities and I can tell you I would have rather they had not advertised LAUNDRY facilities! When you only have ONE WASHER and ONE DRYER cramped into a room that you cannot stand in because it is the size of a closet... you should not call that a laundry room. I drug all of my husbands work jeans and my clothes downstairs, along with the soap and laundry sheets and all of my quarters. When I got there I had to use my room key and almost fell over when I saw there was only one washer and one dryer in a hotel with hundreds of kids!!! The laundry room was NOT a laundry room. When I opened the door the washer & dryer were being used along with 6 other LARGE laundry bags stacked up in a corner staring back at me, as if they were saying... HEY we're next!!! I drug my laundry back down the hall way, around the corner and down the next hall way, up the stairs and down the next hall way. All while cussing under my breath. I ended up washing our under ware and socks out in the sink. Not my idea of "LAUNDRY" in the 21st century.

On the good side, their breakfast was incredible. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, muffins, juice, cereal etc. The kids were great, the hotel was quiet by 10:00pm, so that was never an issue. We are supposed to go back to Albuquerque in 2015, as much as I would like to stay here again, we need to have real laundry services and an elevator to get all of our junk into the room and out of the room. As far as taking the stairs for everything else, it was great exercise. So we won't be staying here.

Room Tip: Request a Bottom Floor Only - No Elevator!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to tell about your experience at the Clubhouse Inn and Suites Albuquerque. We apologize for the inconvenience of insufficient wireless Internet and Laundry facilities. Your honest feedback regarding our services helped us identify some areas in our hotel that need improvement.

Since your stay, we have been able to troubleshoot some of the issues with our wireless Internet and have plans to make significant upgrades to it in the near future. We will also look at some possible options to update our Laundry facilities to add stacking units and better utilize the space in the Laundry Room.

We hope you will provide us with the opportunity to improve on our recent performance. Thank you for staying a the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed September 16, 2013

(This hotel is kid friendly with a lot of winding hallways to skip and play hide and seek.)

Me and my 7 yr old granddaughter stayed 2 nights to take in the State Fair. The hotel provided a free shuttle to and from the Railrunner AND State Fair. This is there first year taking people to the State Fair. The shuttle will also take guests anywhere within a 5 mile radius, which is a huge plus.
The free hot breakfast was delicious, and most people loved the green chili stew that was served, even though I am not a red/green chili fan. The waffles were hot and tasty, and they even had yogurt!

I've slept on better beds and pillows though. If they could upgrade the beds and pillows this hotel would be 5 star. The bed was a bit too soft for me, but my granddaughter said it was heavenly (remember, she's only 7 yrs old!) The shower and tub were clean and the microwave, flat screen tv and mini fridge were excellent.

The hotel staff was very polite. And the bar served excellent drinks! All though the grill food was not the best, I've had better grill food.

The hot tub was very relaxing, another plus for my granddaughter. The pool looked peaceful and the surrounding outdoor dining area was relaxing too.

Overrall, I think this is a very good 4 Star hotel. Btw.....the free wi-fi was good. I have recommended this hotel to others. My granddaughter love running up and down the long winding upstairs hallway too. I will surely stay here again in the future. THANK YOU CLUBHOUSE INN & SUITES!

Room Tip: No elevators only a short flight of stairs. Bring extra snacks and colas. They have vending machin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for telling about how much you enjoyed your stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque! We are delighted to see that you and your granddaughter enjoyed your time at our hotel and the additional shuttle service we offer during the State Fair. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our beds, as we will most certainly take it into consideration when planning our 2014 annual improvements to the property. Thank you once more for sharing your experience and thank you for staying at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We look forward to serving you again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 13, 2013

They are thieves with a General Manager that is no better. My Girlfriend left her expensive watch there and when I called I got no return phone call. I then Called Tim the GM several times with no return call. The front desk then sent my call to housekeeping, and not to my surprise no return call. After numerous messages left for Tim, I called and the desk suggested I talk to Trisha whom I believe is in charge of the desk. Finally a voice, I explained to her my situation and she was very understanding and told me she would look into it took all of my information. It seem s like as soon as I got off the phone I received a call from Tim, I told him how suspicious it was that an expensive watch went missing and he won't return my call. I know they stole the watch and Tim basically told me I was a liar. Tim is useless and why he is there is beyond me. Don't stay unless you want your expensive items stolen and be called a liar by the GM.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel M
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We apologize for the lack of timely service we provided in regards to your girlfriend's lost watch. We appreciate that your feedback has given us the opportunity to review our current Lost & Found procedures and rectify what are some apparent flaws in them. We hope you might give us the opportunity to improve on our recent performance by staying with us again in the future. Thank you for staying at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque and for telling us about your stay here.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We just stayed seven nights over the labor day holidays and enjoyed it greatly. The out door courtyard was a plus and the breakfast was excellent. We went to the managers reception each evening for our two free drinks and then on to dinner. We even used the laundry. Everything is as advertised and will definitely be back. They did apologize for the wireless internet which was useless and no one knew when it would be corrected. I got the idea never as everyone knew the issue and just shrugged. The hotel does provide in-room wired internet which was plenty fast if you have a device to connect and they have two computers setup for public use. The fitness center was a step glider and a very nice treadmill. I really liked the hotel and recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites with others! We appreciate that you chose to stay at our hotel and want to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading our currently wireless Internet service. We hope you will return to experience the improvement in it and look forward to serving you again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at the Clubhouse Inn just before the last leg of a long road trip. The hotel itself has the appearance of an older facility that has been completely renovated & well maintained. It was an attractive place that had a comfortable, lived-in feel versus the flash of a shiny new hotel. The staff was friendly and attentive from check in to check out and in between. When we arrived we were told our room was on the second floor. Due to mobility issues that is difficult for me and the clerk quickly changed us to a first floor room upon my request. This hotel does not have an elevator. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious with a desk and two chairs, one with a footstool. The bed was average. It was comfortable with new sheets and a comforter, but not a pillow top or other luxury type of bedding. The breakfast was very good. Fresh fruit would have been a nice addition. Otherwise it was the best hotel breakfast we had out of 7 nights on the road.

The only negatives on this hotel were minor maintenance issues in our room such as some chipped paint on some doorways,cracked caulking around the tub, the lack of an elevator and a $50 fee that is charged to your card upon check in and refunded 3-5 business days later as a "damage deposit". That is strange. My husband travels for business every week and Albuquerque is in his sales territory. He says he may return to this hotel, except for that deposit, which he does not like. Overall, this is a lovely hotel for the star level and I would recommend.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues be sure to request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for electing to stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay here.

Perhaps a quick word of explanation regarding the $50 authorization to your credit / debit card is in order as it is an often misunderstood aspect of our industry. The $50.00 authorization represents not a "damage deposit," but is simply held against charges of any kind that my be posted to your room. Should a guest order food from our Fuzion Grille or purchase additional drinks in our bar, for example, this authorization ensures that we are able to charge the room up to the $50.00 credit limit that the authorization established without inconveniencing the guest by requiring payment at the time of service.

The practice of requiring a form of incidental payment and authorizing said form of payment for a nominal amount is a standard adopted across the hotel industry, regardless of the brand or scale of the hotel. We hope that creating a greater understanding of this process and the reasoning behind it might allow our guests to rest assured that the funds will be released upon checkout, less any applicable charges, of course.

We thank you once more for staying at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites, and look forward to serving you again!
Arcata, CA
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Like the hotel although the first room they gave us had significant mold issues. Requested a change and they gave us a different room that was much better. Breakfast is very good and a nice variety. They were slow to restock but the quality was good with the exception of fresh fruit. pool area was nice and the evening cocktails are a nice addition as well. Hotel needs a little refreshing like hallway carpets and such. Like the hotel and the employees all are really professional and nice. Staff is aware of it but the internet service is terrible. I guess corporate is slow to address this issue which is the only significant issue with this property. Will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites. Thank you also for electing to stay at our hotel during your time in Albuquerque. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay, particularly in regards to our wireless Internet service. We are currently exploring alternatives to our current service and hope to have a new solution in place in the near future. Thank you once more for staying in our hotel and for sharing about your experience here. We appreciate the opportunity to make the kind of changes to our services that are most important to our guests. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. First off it is actually quite a nice place and the staff were all friendly. The room was clean and though the bed was comfortable, the pillows were not that great.
The pool area was attractive, even though we didn't get the chance to sample it.
The managers reception was a great idea and I was surprised that the free drinks included anything on the bar menu. There was a good atmosphere there in the early evening, with everyone sitting around, sipping their free drinks and eating popcorn!
I have disagree with a number of reviewers re the breakfast. I thought it was poor. I accept it was busy and that the time you get there makes a lot of difference, but there were many dishes waiting to be refilled. The orange juice was lightly coloured water and the coffee no better.
I would still consider it as a good place to stay in ABQ, as overall our stay was fine, but a few niggles have led to to the 'average' rating.,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to tell about your stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque on Tripadvisor and that you chose to stay at our hotel during your visit to the area. We are pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our establishment, the friendliness of our staff, and the relaxing atmosphere of our nightly drink reception, among other things. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in regards to our breakfast, however, and will take your input to heart in improving its quality. We appreciate that you provided us with the opportunity to improve our guests' experience and hope that you might see fit to return in the future to enjoy the changes we will have made. Thank you once more for your input and for electing to stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We look forward to serving you again!