“My new BFF!”

Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
El Paso, Texas
“My new BFF!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Albuquerque has been a nice get-away for years. I used to stay at another hotel, Best Westr'n, due to the whirlpool in the room. But after they double booked my stay and ruined my weekend (no, some bonus points that don't even make a dent towards anything is not enough), I decided to try a different hotel for my next get-away. Of course, already having a bad experience and being a bit cautious, I started reading reviews. That led me to give this hotel a try. I already knew it was going to be a great experience before meeting any of the staff due to the front desk receptionist's (Pamela) action. As I walked in, I noticed the receptionist closing the front desk's door as she was heading out to attend to one of her duties. I was expecting a "be right with you" as usual from other hotels, but Pamela did something that I did not expect....she did a 180 back to the front desk and greeted us. The thing is, it wasn't just a dog and pony show type of greeting. Pamela gave us a warm and honest greeting that automatically took a load off of my shoulders. Things just got better after that. I could go on and on, but it wouldn't be something new that hasn't been praised in other reviews, such as.... great rooms, comfortable and spacious reception area, yummy breakfast (they have the sausage for those that don't count calories and the fruits for those that do), outstanding patio and pool, a neat and comfortable jacuzzi, and best of all is a staff that treats you as if you are in a thousand $ place (not that I have been in one, it's just that I picture it from movies like Home Alone ). Almost forgot, the patio/swimming pool area has a couple of gas grills, so you can cook and grill vs. spending $ eating out....so cool! So, in a nutshell, don't spend over $100 for less service. I sure do know where my future get-aways will be :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gerson W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am new to the Clubhouse Inn hoteling experience, and I must ask, "Where has it been all my life?" The manager's reception included two free alcoholic beverages, and popcorn and soda for the wee ones.

The room is very spacious, and well worth the $71 I paid through hotelsdotcom. Usually, I feel skeevy about hotel bedsheets, but this hotel was so clean, I fell right to sleep with nary a care.

It's on the corner of an industrial street with the freeway above, but we didn't hear any sounds, and our car was safe.

The pool looked nice, but it was overcast during our stay.

The breakfast, wow! Homemade scrambled eggs, hash browns, some kind of green chili/pork/potato soup and salsa. Plus, a bunch of other food offerings found most places: biscuits, bagels, sausages, poppy muffins, waffle maker, juice dispenser. The OJ actually tasted good and not like watered down Sunny Delight. Best of all, real silverware and dishes (not paper products!).

The only reason I didn't give the establishment a 5 star is because they served powered creamer at the coffee station. What, what? Everything else was so excellent, so why don't they have half and half, or even vanilla creamer? They did have flavored syrup next to the machine in case you wanted to add flavor, but the coffee was lame.

I would highly recommend this place, esp if you like to imbibe.

Room Tip: If you like to swim, choose a room on the first floor with a sliding glass door to the pool entrance...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Adventure M
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2012

First off, the amenities at a lower rate hotel are great. They had fresh baked cookies one afternoon. There's a manager's "reception" where you get 2 free alcoholic drinks per night and unlimited sodas/juice from 5:30-8:30. Take advantage of the food at least once. It's available for purchase and very tasty....for a reasonable price. The courtyard is nice and has plenty of seating to dine al fresco on free drinks and cheap, good appetizers Breakfast is good, but nothing special. It's a pretty standard hotel free breakfast. The shuttle 7Am to 7Pm within 5 miles is handy.

The rooms are big. TVs are flat screen. There's a balcony or patio onto the courtyard for half of the rooms. A very nice feature if you've got a long stay. We got a room with a microwave and fridge. Housekeeping is fine but if you've got someone in the room in the afternoon, you'll have to chase housekeeping because they'd like to get by without freshening up your room....if they can. (It's the way things are out there). Our first room did not have a microwave or fridge and we needed one so they moved us. An employee saw us dragging our gear and we were having problems. He didn't offer any assistance until I asked. It's just the way the help was part of the time. The manager however was a whole different story. Very friendly, very efficient and very accommodating. The rest of the staff was very accommodating too.

The hotel is maintained and clean but the carpet is just old and dated. It's not gross or anything but you just notice that it needs updating.

The hot tub is indoors and the pool is outdoors in a lovely courtyard area, very nice (but it's albuquerque and even on a 95 degree day, expect the water to be cold.

All in all, I really loved the hotel, the staff, the amenities and the accommodations. Things happen but nothing happened in a week that was unacceptable or outrageous. I'd recommend this hotel. They truly did make a trip I didn't want to take.....pleasant. If I ever have to go back to ABQ, this is where I'd stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room with a patio or balcony. Even if you don't sit outside, you'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PamrAH
Claremont, California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I couldn't ask for anything more from this hotel. The price was amazing, and there was absolutely nothing to complain about. Free breakfast was good, free drinks during manager's happy hour was even better. There were tons of people socializing in the lobby and around the pool, and everyone seemed to really like the place. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm passing through Albuquerque.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I love this hotel. The staff was wonderful, and bent over backwards to make sure their guests had everything they needed. The rooms were large and very classy. I had a room with two queen beds and six pillows on each bed. The room had a large desk that had two chairs and could have accomodated three. A sitting chair with a stool was a comfortable place to sit and read or if I chose to I could sit on my own little patio overlooking the pool. The managers reception was a nice treat in the evenings, providing two free drinks and popcorn to each guest. They also had a wonderful sitting area with a big screen tv. The shuttle service was just what I needed as I travelled alone.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so I asked for a ground level room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our family of 6 stayed here comfortably, in one room, for a week, and were so surprised by the value for our money. We live in Colorado Springs, where $77.00 a night gets you a room in a hotel, and that's about it. At the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, for your $77.00 you get a pool, free drinks, and a hot breakfast buffet, (which saved our family $30.00+ a day), you also get a tremendous amount of customer service, Our room was very spacious, we had 2 queen size beds, and plenty of floor space for my 12 year old to camp out on the floor. We had a lg closet to store all of our belongings, and a sliding glass door that lead right out to the pool, which my older kids LOVED. I truly can't say enough good things about this hotel. If you have a large family, and don't want to pay for 2 rooms and want all the accouterments. I would definitely recommend the Clubhouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque, NM

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106
3 Thank Crystalover
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I stayed here for about a week and we thought it was the best customer service we have ever received. The rooms are nice and if you have a family, I would recommend requesting a room by the pool. We had a rear sliding glass door that led out to the pool for easy access and offered a shortcut to the main lobby where you could access their complimentary computer with internet, free hot breakfast buffet every morning, and complimentary drinks (including adult beverages) every night. Staying at this hotel saved us at least $30 every morning by offering a decent hot breakfast including eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, green chili, cereal, bagels, fresh waffles, milk, juice, etc... After a full day of sighseeing we could let the kids go to the pool while my wife and I relaxed with a draft beer or mixed drink made by the manager/bartender (who went out of her way to make us feel welcome and genuinely enjoyed chatting with us about our days adventures). If we ever go back to Albuquerque we will definetly be staying here again! It's also a great location on the corner of I25 and I40 making it easy and quick to get anywhere in the city.

Room Tip: Families, request a room with pool access.
2 Thank Morgan78_11