“GREAT PLACE”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed April 24, 2011

It is a great place to stay......Great outdoor area, great breakfast and happy hour. Very nice pool and hot tub ( nice size). People are friendly and very helpful. Close to Old town Albuquerque and the zoo.........Easy to get on and off of the Interstate..........Just a good place to stay and kick back.......

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Dear USTWO425,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and on Tripadvisor. We're glad you had the opportunity to use the swimming pool as well as the hottub. We hope that you will return and stay with us again!

Reviewed February 22, 2011

After reading some reviews, we were a little hesitant to stay here. GREAT PLACE! We like to stay at Embassy Stes and Drury but felt they were overpriced here. Clubhouse provided very large suite, clean, well appointed with two 32" LG flat screen tvs. Very pretty courtyard with outdoor pool. Very close to Old Town and both interstates. Quiet in our room despite being near I25 as there are sound walls on the Interstate there.
Breakfast was great: fresh scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits & gravy, waffle maker, fabulous home made green chile stew as well as assorted breads, juice, etc. Only minor complaint might be that the menu is the same every morning (we stayed 3 nights).
Shower drain was plugged second day, wife went to the desk and the maintenance person was there almost before she got back to the room. He snaked the drain, cleaned the tub, and had us test it and pass it before he would leave. Great service for a Saturday night.
Look for online specials here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnandharris
Francesca96, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear Johnandharris,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience! We're glad that you enjoyed watching television on our new 37' LG flat screen TV's. We do offer a wonderful variety of items on our buffet which is certainly one of many aspects which keeps our guests loyal. We will share your nice comments with our Maintenance staff. We hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

This review may become long, so let me preview this by saying
-My stay was wonderful.
-The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating
-Highlights include the free breakfast and the hot tub.

My boyfriend has to work a really long shift this Valentine's day, so getting together to do something would be difficult. Instead, we decided to celebrate Friday and Saturday. He let me make the decision as to what we wanted to do.

I found a one night stay from Friday to Saturday priced at $67 on Travelocity.com, and it had really good reviews (4+ out of 5, 122 reviews) with lots of satisfied customers. Usually cheap hotels in Albuquerque, especially in the downtown area and environs means roach motel with questionable neighbours, so I thought I had gotten a deal, especially when you consider the reviews. I even called the hotel to see if I could get a better rate, but $67 was the best price. No big deal.

I was right. The decor is beautiful and the lady who checked us in was warm and friendly, even joking with us. We received coupons for 2 cocktails upon our arrival (for use during the hotel's happy hour of 5-7 pm). Our king room (not suite) was large. We were very happy with our accommodation.

Other amenities we used included the hot tub and the free continental breakfast. We were extremely relaxed and comfortable during our whole stay, and were even able to request a late check out because we were reluctant to leave at regular check out.

We left the hotel insisting we'd be back.

The only reason I am giving it a 4 for Location and Sleep quality is that it's literally located on the off-ramp of I-25. We heard some of the noise from traffic a few times, and considering this is the weekend (where there is slower traffic), I wonder how noisy it would be during the work week, for example, during rush hour. But that's a problem of location, and not any fault of the staff or their service during our stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear Silver Dragoness,

Thank you for your comments. We have received numerous written alcolades regarding our Valentines's Day Package but must admit your stood out. We're so very glad that your Valentine's Weekend was enjoyable. Come stay with us again!!

Reviewed November 4, 2010

I am writing this review while I'm STILL a guest here.....go figure.

In general, this place is OK. IT's NOT worthy of 5star "OMG this place is wonderful".

PROS: Location, spacious rooms, quiet (if you are on the courtyard side), friendly staff, nice mini kitchen, evening happy hour, included breakfast (although it was seriously lacking in fresh fruit, etc). Overall, not too bad,

CONS: crappy, worthless, ineffective, and SLOW wireless Internet -when it worked. Small, thin, chintzy bath towels, stained dirty room carpet. And did I mention WORTHLESS wireless Internet?

So here's the story....I'm an IT/computer consultant visiting abq on business. Wireless Internet at my hotel is CRITICAL to my business. My first night here I was COMPLETELY u able to get online at all using 4 different computers. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with their wireless internet company where afterwards I was able to get online for a few hours. The next morning and night - nada.

WHY ADVERTISE "HIGH SPEED INTERNET" IF YOU REALLY DONT HAVE IT?????

I did talk to the staff here about it and although they were very nice, and apologetic, they were not able to do anything. I also sent an email to the general manager about out and as of yet, he hasn't bothered to reply. Go figure....

So I know some folks will think I'm making a lot out of nothing. Perhaps. However, I CAN tell you I certainly won't be staying here again.

If it weren't for this issue, I would probably rate them a 3star. Average, ok, not stellar. Replacing the cheap towels would probably be a big help as well as replacing the well worn carpet.

However, if you need reliable internet service when you travel, I would stay at a different place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ColoradoHikerJimG
Francesca96, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Dear ColoradoHikerJimG,

We Thank you for your constructive comments and suggestions regarding your reccent stay at the ClubHouse Inn & Suites. I have addressed your internet issue with our local company that installed the system and they came and checked the wireless signal in your room and throughout the hotel. We did find that the hard wire cable connector was broken in your room.

The carpet in your Suite is a little over one year old, but we did shampoo the entire carpet to eliminate some spots that we observed.

Again, my thanks to you for your feedback on our hotel and we do hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Thanks George!! your place was super clean, great access to everywhere, breakfeast was awesome. Pool area was beautiful!! Beer was Great (amber) Staff was so polite and accomadating. Suites were nice and big, beds awesome. flat screen tv's. What can I say? 6 days of comfort. The boss even took us to the airport!! how many of you can say that? But thanks for the great week george and god bless, nice meeting you and your staff. Dave & Denice from Wisconsin

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nellybellywooo
Francesca96, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Dear "NellyBellywoo",

Thank you for your positive comments. The Shuttle Service is just one of many amenities that make our guests happy and feel at home! And we're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

The room was large for the price, well appointed, clean and quiet (we took an inside room to avoid highway noise).
While we expected courteous responses to questions, we did not expect to be sought out and asked what we had planned and how they could help us enjoy our stay in town. The staff was better than hotels we have stayed at for twice the price.
The breakfast was beyond the "continental" of most hotels and included scrambled and hard boiled eggs each morning with either sausage or bacon. Either French Toast or pancakes added to the ubiquitous waffle iron. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal rounded it out.
Cocktail hour had appetizers as well as free drinks.
We had two small problems while there (TV, plumbing) and both were corrected immediately.
The only weak point was the WiFi. At times response time exceeded 15 minutes. Other times it was under a second. The signal was very strong, but it appeared the server was inadequate to the task.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank macpatg

Dear macpatg,

Thank you for your comments! Our breakfast is certainly one of many amenities that keep our guests coming back to stay with us!

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I picked this hotel by other Tripadvisor reviews when looking for a good room at a reasonable price, and I was not disappointed. The location is extremely convenient, the rooms very nice and spacious. There is a pretty courtyard with pool, a nice breakfast and cocktails included. In fact, everything is included - no hidden costs for computer, printer, wifi internet, parking, etc. All the staff was extremely nice and helpful. I was here for my daughter's wedding which was quite stressful (although it all went well in the end!), but the hotel was never a worry - in fact, it made a lot of things better! The gym is not in the hotel, but there is free access to a gym nearby. There may be some road noise if you are on the freeway side, but if you are sensitive to that, ask for the courtyard side. The clientelle are families and business people, so at night it is very quiet. In all, I was so impressed that I had to write this review to say, Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan H

Dear SusanR9876,

We understand that you have a choice when reserving a hotel. We're glad that you selected our hotel to stay at. Thank you for your positive comments.