“Convenient, clean and affordable.”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was immaculate, the bed super comfy. No microwave in the room, but has a fridge, iron and hair dryer. Even though the hotel is right off the interstate there is no traffic noise. The parking lot is gated and locked at night so your vehicle is secure. I have stayed at this hotel three times now and the ONLY complaint I have is the lack of a breakfast buffet. You have to order from an onsite restaurant (which you receive a $5.00 per guest voucher for a meal). Each time I hope the restaurant will get better, but I would HIGHLY advise to just toss the voucher and go get a good meal somewhere else.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. I will make sure to let my staff know that they are appreciated for their great service. I'm sorry to hear that the breakfast wasn't a great option for you and your family. I will make sure to let the department that handles that know of your concerns and advice. Thank you again and have a safe trip back to your destination.

1 (505) 843-9500

Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

As far as location (proximity to I-40 and Old Town Albuquerque) and accommodations (well-appointed room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom), I was prepared to give this room an "Excellent" rating. Additionally, we were given vouchers for a sit-down breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next day which was unexpected. I thought that was "icing on the cake"! The disappointment for me and my family was the very slow breakfast service. I don't think it was because the servers didn't care so much, as implied in some reviews, but because the restaurant was understaffed. I think there were only 2-3 servers waiting on a huge roomful of people. It was so slow we contemplated leaving before our order came and I personally saw another family at a nearby table leave without having eaten. When my family's food arrived, we realized that one family member's order didn't come with the rest, so after the long wait, we had to wait some more before she got her food. The breakfast was good but am not sure if it was worth the wait. I think anyone not in a hurry in the morning would not mind eating here, but if you're on a schedule and need to be somewhere at a certain time, you may be better off eating somewhere else.

Also a smile from the lobby receptionist would have been much-welcomed after a long day of travelling. The lady who checked us in did it quickly but again, smiling to her guests would have been appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your thorough review. I'm sorry to hear that a welcoming smile didn't greet you and your family after a long days travel. I know that can always be a great thing to see. I also apologize for the slow service the restaurant provided I will make sure we can improve in those departments. I am happy to hear that everything else went great. Hope you continue to have great travels.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

With a city as beautiful as Albuquerque, this hotel lived up to the challenge. The decor was lovely, the amenities were excellent, and our room was beautifully appointed and clean. We even had an adorable little towel animal waiting to greet us on our bed! Close to several different restaurants and walking distance to Old Town Albuquerque, we only wished we could have stayed in town longer than just one night. The bed was comfortable, and we slept very well. The love spell wore off quickly at breakfast, however. This hotel has the most complicated breakfast situation I've ever seen, and we wound up very frustrated before the food even got to our table. The waitress was in a bad mood and was barely civil to us, and when she wasn't talking to one of her tables, she was loudly reminding herself that she would be on vacation soon. The food was good, but not worth the hassle of everything else. Just go to Starbucks.

1  Thank JasonnAmanda

Thank you for the thorough review. I'm happy to hear everything went well with your stay at the hotel. I apologize for the trouble you had at the restaurant and breakfast situation. I will make sure to address it to the restaurant supervisor so they can speak to their staff. Hope to see you the next time you're in Albuquerque. Happy travels.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel was convenient to both I40 and close to I25. Check in was easy; very nice girl at front desk. The bed was very comfortable; and the room was very clean. Free 'made or order' breakfast as well

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind words and review. Couldn't say it any better. The breakfast is a great idea. Have a safe trip back to Tucson and thank you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Nice, easy access to interstate and Old Town. Beds were clean and comfortable. The hallways and parking lots were littered, but we were pleased with everything else. The breakfast was very good, we used the $5 voucher included at check-in and were very satisfied with the food, though the waitress did not seem very interested in her job. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for the review. I'm happy to hear that our accommodations were what you were looking for and that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast option. Thank you for recommending our hotel. I do apologize the service the restaurant provided and I will make sure I let that department know of it. Have a great day and I hope that you choose our hotel the next time you are in Albuquerque.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

For my money, this is the best place going in ABQ. My wife and I have stayed here three times and have found the staff to be particularly helpful and the rooms quite comfortable. Highly recommend a visit to the nearby Old Town Albuquerque and lunch or dinner at the St Clair Winery & Bistro next door.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind words and nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us again. We appreciate you coming back and giving us your business. Thank you for the recommendations. The Bistro is a good choice and real close to us. Hope to see you the next time you are in our area. Have a safe trip back to VA.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Rated 7 due to no microwave in the room and the excessive PET FEE. $20 per stay would be excellent for our VERY SMALL Poodle. $20 per night would definitely give me the idea I need to go back the Albuquerque Airport Best Western that charge $20 per visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. Sorry for having no microwave in your room. We do provide microwaves just have to let the front desk know and we can have one put in there. I do also apologize for the pet pee issue. We take guest suggestions serious and I will make sure to address the department that handles the pet fee to see if we can make that change. Thank you again. Have a wonderful day.