“Staycation!!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Staycation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is my favorite and I've stayed in many over my years.I use to live minnesota and when ever I would come visit my son I would stay here, now I live here and come in from time to time just to stay at this location its always so clean and so friendly, of course I do come here to see my favorite girl Krishna. She always has a warm hug and a glowing smile for me she is the highlight of this place. She makes my day. I hope you know you have an excellent employee and from the other comments I can see I'm not the only one who thinks she's just great. Always remembers what I drink and eat which makes me feel special. This hotel is like home away from home for me I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to be treated like family.

• Stayed July 2014
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for the review Howie. We appreciate your business and love having you stay with us. I will make sure Krishna knows that you appreciate her services. We love having her as a part of our team. She is a great worker and is always great with what she does. Thank you for noticing her great work. Hope to see you soon.

1 (505) 843-9500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Kelso, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is awesome. What struck us first, apart from the helpfulness of the staff, was the decor throughout the hotel it was impressive. The room did not disappoint - was large and spacious. The hotel is located towards the Old Town of Albuquerque and we had a pleasant walk into the Old Town to explore. There are a few bistros/coffee shops on the next block which were good. The pool was great and spent a few hours cooling down in it after our walk. We ate in the Restaurant within the Hotel and the food was excellent as was the breakfast the next morning. The staff couldn't do enough for us and helped us in every way possible being visitors for the first time to the USA. The hotel was great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen_Tam
Thank you for all the kind words. Couldn't say it any better. Glad you liked our décor. It goes perfect where we are located. Happy to hear that our staff was great as expected. Hope next time you are in the states that you come and visit us again. Happy travels.

Burien, Wa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife stayed at the Best western Plus Rio Grande Inn in Albuquerque, NM while attending a family reunion. The hotel filled all of our needs and the staff was very cordial. We would certainly stay there, again, when we are in the area. It will be highly recommended to family and friends. It is part of Old Town Albuquerque and its location made it very convenient to walk to the Old Town area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for spending your family reunion with us. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. I appreciate the recommendations and hope to see you sometime when you are back in the area. Have a safe trip back to Washington.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hotel was clean and staff was helpful and friendly. Slight problem with doors not opening all the time using room card. Heard other guests had same problem. Big Thanks to Krishna our waitress at breakfast. She was cheerful, answered all our questions and provided quality service with a great smile. Thanks Krishna!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. That's what we stride for. I do apologize for the problems you had with the doors they have been fixed since then. Krishna has been working for us for a long time and she is a great part of our team. I will make sure she is aware that she is appreciated and I will let her know that you said thank you. Have a safe and great trip.

Albuquerque
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Friendly staff. Hotel is just average, cobwebs on the corners of my room. I guess i notice the small things. Hotel lounge/bar is in need of a good cleaning also. I would think twice before staying. That`s it, my honest opinion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Aaron M
Thank you for the review. We take it into consideration what our guest have to say and we are always working on making our hotel even better. Sorry that we weren't up to par with your standards and I hope you do try us again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed one night on my way through Albuquerque in a standard double queen room.

Hotel is quite nice, clean and nicely appointed. Rooms are very 'New Mexico' with wood furnishings, and a slightly rustic look. Amenities in the room are nice (ProTerra products), and the hotel has everything you need for a good stay. Internet is a little slow, but not terrible. There is a business centre with printer and 2 additional computers and printer in the lobby.

Front desk staff is friendly, helpful and cheerful.

A special mention to staff member Seve who is very cheerful and polite, and helpful. He helped carry my bags and get settled. Definitely went above and beyond his call of duty. I saw him greeting all the guests that he passed genuinely - definitely a nice addition to the hotel.

The only complaint/constructive criticism I would have is the restaurant. The service is painful - slow beyond comprehension, and borderline indifferent. Individally, the staff are pleansant enough, however, as a guest who used the restaurant 3 times during my stay, each visit was worse than the previous. Getting cutlery, water, water refilled, the bill, a menu -- all of these things were painful! Staff is either unattentive, indifferent, or just plain uninterested in being there at all. For dinner, I ordered some food and then was told the cheque would come shortly after -- I wanted to order dessert, and the reaction was almost like I was being an inconvenience. Breakfast was quite busy, and several people had to wait some time to get seated. Food was decent. You get a $5 voucher that can be exchanged in kind, or there are a handful of items on the menu (which are reasonable choices that include full egg breakfast) that are priced at $5 making breakfast 'free'. Again, though, service was not there - food was dropped off - no cutlery...I asked....still no cutlery until I got up to get it myself. The servers were all cheery and friendly to their credit, just a bit too wrapped up in the fact it was busy.

Overall, a great spot to stay - would return, but would probably eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the thorough review and kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and loved the décor. Happy to hear that my staff was friendly and helpful as expected. Seve is a great part of our housekeeping team and I will make sure he's knows that he's appreciated for his great customer service. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the restaurant. I will make sure to let the head of that department know so they can work on having better service. Thanks again. Happy travels.

If you need to reach us, please contact us at: guestservicemanager@riograndeinn.com or 1 (505) 843-9500
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Nice hotel with an on site restaurant. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Shuttle service was nice as no need to rent a car. Restaurant is understaffed so be prepared to wait but food and price not bad.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Vicky S
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for the review and kind words. We are glad that we were able to provide you with comfortable accommodations while you were here. Also I am always glad to hear that we provided great service. Have a safe trip back to Arizona.