“Very average property, won't be back.”

Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you're just looking for an overnight pass through stay, this place will suffice. You can't close the drapes and black out the windows as they only have those white semi transparant drapes covering the windows. The rooms need a bit updating and there is no elevator (had to carry my luggage up the stairs). There is a complimentary breakfast/afternoon snacks but I didn't try it. It's pretty close to other restaurants and such. The room I was in had a short circuit in the headboard lighting and I actually got shocked trying to turn the lights off and on. Won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
InnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you, for your recent trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed here for 10 nights the past couple years during the balloon festival. We now consider it our "home away from home" during Fiesta as Victoria and her entire staff make us feel so welcome. We upgrade to a 2 room suite which gives us plenty of room for all our balloon gear! Also, having 2 full bathrooms is definitely a plus! The hotel's location by the airport (with free hotel shuttle service) is especially convenient when friends fly in mid week to join us at Fiesta. We enjoy the outdoor seating areas where we can relax with our friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

desertdrifteraz, we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your recent visit to Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel! It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you we also think of you as family and we appreciate your feedback, all the employees love to take care of the Balloon Pilots every year, our staff has gotten to know all of you over the years!! Thank you for being a loyal Best Western InnSuites customer see you in 2013

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. The curtains are a transparent white mesh material and did nothing to block out the floodlights from the parking lot. I had to tie the blanket across the window to be able to sleep. The fridge made a loud buzzing sound and it had to be unplugged in order to sleep. The bed was one of the worst I've ever slept in.

Also, be careful climbing the back staircase. The second step from the top is several inches higher than all the others. I didn't see it at night while carrying my suitcase and tripped and fell on the concrete. I don't know how this passed a building inspection.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
InnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I noticed that you have left a couple of bad reviews about or hotel, as I am wondering if you brought any of these small issues to the attention of Managment, every suite in the hotel has black out drapes that are located behind the sheers for privacy. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the BW InnSuites at the Albuquerque for several years also, usually with a minimum of two nights. On our recent trip to ABQ we arrived late and the hotel was the perfect place to retreat to after a hectic day of travelling. To our surprise the rooms had been updated, complete with flat panel tv's, which was nice. We have stayed at other hotels in the area, but the BW InnSuites is still one of THE best for staying before or after flying to, or from ABQ.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear that your visit was pleasant and recognized how clean our property is! We are looking forward to your next visit!
Thank you again, we truly enjoy hearing about our guest's experiences.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a nice hotel stay with clean and comfortable rooms with some exceptions. First there is a double stairway to the second floor from the lobby. and the breakfast area is in the lobby. When at the top of the stairs one can look down onto a flat above the breakfast area - and this flat looks not to have been cleaned in years and made me wonder how much of that filth was blowing down into the breakfast area, Second, the key card mechanism on my door did not work very well and while I mentioned it to the staff - nothing was ever done to fix it. Third, the hotel's web site says the hotel is a block from the airport so after a long flight I figured I would walk - and let me tell you it is much further than a block. And last, it says the Village Inn Restaurant is on premises - well it is ion the same parking lot, it reminded of an older Denny's or Perkins and was not particularly good. Other than that restaurant the next closest restaurants (Applebees and Fudruckers) are a mile walk away across busy streets. There are hotels much closer to these restauirants if you - like me - travel without transportation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We certainly strive to make sure all our guests have a comfortable stay. Our staff is empowered to make sure all our guests are accommodated during their time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 7-8 years during the balloon fiesta. We spend 10 days here each year and Victoria and all her hard-working staff have always provided us with whatever we have needed. I have special dietary issues and require an extra refrigerator in our suite and they have always accommodated my request. They go out of their way to make us feel "at home" and remember us from year to year. It is wicked convenient for our friends and family flying into town and it is an easy drive to the balloon fiesta field. As long as we continue to come to the balloon fiesta, we will stay here. Thanks Victoria and all the staff!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your recent visit to Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel! It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you we also think of you as family and we appreciate your feedback, all the employees love to take care of the Balloon Pilots every year, our staff has gotten to know all of you over the years!! Thank you for being a loyal Best Western InnSuites customer see you in 2013

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times and it always is top notch in service and amenities. The sales manager, Victoria, is fabulous. I am a hot air Balloon pilot and I have referred many of my fellow pilots to also stay there because we are treated so very well. We all have lots of equipment and take up lots of parking space but Victoria says she loves having us. Each morning the coffee is ready by 4am. On the mornings when we do not fly we get a great breakfast in the lobby and then in the afternoon we get nachos and sodas or water. The pool and hot tub area give us a wonderful place to relax with friends and get some afternoon sun. The natural decor outside with the petrified rocks is beautiful and interesting. The 2 room suites with 2 bathrooms are wonderful for several guests. We love staying here and call it our second home. Each year I look forward to catching up on news with staff members and friends.

• Stayed: October 2012