“A Nice Hotel But Needs Some Work...”

Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a nice hotel stay with clean and comfortable rooms with some exceptions. First there is a double stairway to the second floor from the lobby. and the breakfast area is in the lobby. When at the top of the stairs one can look down onto a flat above the breakfast area - and this flat looks not to have been cleaned in years and made me wonder how much of that filth was blowing down into the breakfast area, Second, the key card mechanism on my door did not work very well and while I mentioned it to the staff - nothing was ever done to fix it. Third, the hotel's web site says the hotel is a block from the airport so after a long flight I figured I would walk - and let me tell you it is much further than a block. And last, it says the Village Inn Restaurant is on premises - well it is ion the same parking lot, it reminded of an older Denny's or Perkins and was not particularly good. Other than that restaurant the next closest restaurants (Applebees and Fudruckers) are a mile walk away across busy streets. There are hotels much closer to these restauirants if you - like me - travel without transportation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
InnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We certainly strive to make sure all our guests have a comfortable stay. Our staff is empowered to make sure all our guests are accommodated during their time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

There are newer reviews for Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 7-8 years during the balloon fiesta. We spend 10 days here each year and Victoria and all her hard-working staff have always provided us with whatever we have needed. I have special dietary issues and require an extra refrigerator in our suite and they have always accommodated my request. They go out of their way to make us feel "at home" and remember us from year to year. It is wicked convenient for our friends and family flying into town and it is an easy drive to the balloon fiesta field. As long as we continue to come to the balloon fiesta, we will stay here. Thanks Victoria and all the staff!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
InnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your recent visit to Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel! It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you we also think of you as family and we appreciate your feedback, all the employees love to take care of the Balloon Pilots every year, our staff has gotten to know all of you over the years!! Thank you for being a loyal Best Western InnSuites customer see you in 2013

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times and it always is top notch in service and amenities. The sales manager, Victoria, is fabulous. I am a hot air Balloon pilot and I have referred many of my fellow pilots to also stay there because we are treated so very well. We all have lots of equipment and take up lots of parking space but Victoria says she loves having us. Each morning the coffee is ready by 4am. On the mornings when we do not fly we get a great breakfast in the lobby and then in the afternoon we get nachos and sodas or water. The pool and hot tub area give us a wonderful place to relax with friends and get some afternoon sun. The natural decor outside with the petrified rocks is beautiful and interesting. The 2 room suites with 2 bathrooms are wonderful for several guests. We love staying here and call it our second home. Each year I look forward to catching up on news with staff members and friends.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Victoria and her staff are excellent. They will stop at nothing to make your stay pleasant. My wife and I live here every year while attending the "Balloon Fiesta". Our stay is a period of 10 days. Our every need is attended to as though we were family. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite upgrade.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
InnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Skip, we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your recent visit to Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel! It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you we also think of you as family and we appreciate your feedback, all the employees love to take care of the Balloon Pilots every year, our staff has gotten to know all of you over the years!! Thank you for being a loyal Best Western InnSuites customer see you in 2013

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We visited during the busy Balloon Fiesta week. The staff took care of all our quirky needs, made sure coffee was ready REAL early, and had chips, cheese, salsa, and soft drinks for us every afternoon. Breakfast was good and fresh on the days we stayed later (Fiesta starts for us at 5 am). We stayed in the presidential suites, which had 2 full bathrooms (super bonus points from my wife)!! Easy access to the highway, no driving through endless stop lights to go anywhere. They even have a laundry room on the property. We will be back again next year!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with couples or a family, get the presidentlal suites or family rooms. Great va...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dean C., I would like to thank you for taking time to post your review of our property! I am so pleased we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay at our Airport location and your upgrade to our 2-Room Famly Suites! We can't wait to see you next year during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 2013! Thank you so much for being a loyal Best Western InnSuites guest!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night this past weekend. Arrived after midnight and the shuttle stopped running at 11PM. Decided to walk from the terminal to the hotel. Just 12 minutes and and easy walk if not carrying luggage. Check in was easy and I was given a room on the 2nd floor. Clean with a comfortable bed and a free bottle of water. Just what I needed for a good nights sleep. Hotel was quiet and I was able to choose from a few diners for breakfast within an easy walk. Good value for $54 booked on Priceline.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your recent visit to Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel! It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay, we strive to make sure that everyone's stay is comfortable and CLEAN we hope to serve you again in the futrue, thank you for being a loyal Best Western customer

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staff pleasant, room clean. BUT: Had to get *room key re-activated everyday; Wi-Fi wouldn't stay connected; "free water" in room was not replenished - neither were drinking cups; HUGE hole in middle of face wash cloth; closet door knob not connected; older hotel - needs repair, water stained walls, uncomfortable bed. This was my first, and probably my last stay, at a Best Western.
*Regarding room key not working day after day, staff was not in agreement. And no one offered to compensate for the inconvenience of having to get a new key each day....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you, for your recent trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I noticed that you have left a couple of bad reviews about or hotel, as I am wondering if you brought any of these small issues to the attention of Managment. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.