“Not bad, good value”

Pan American Inn & Suites
Ranked #89 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel was very reasonably priced, and nicer than I expected. The carpet in my room needed replacement due to some stains, but everything was clean, and the price was low. I'd stay here again. The service wasn't too bad either.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
clarionabqdirector, Manager at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Clarion Hotel! We appreciate your feedback! We are currently working on fixing up our hotel and hope that you will come back to see the finished product. Thank you again for all your comments, they are always helping us to improve!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was very clean and quiet, we both got a good night's rest. They had a menu in the room for Jason's Deli which we ordered from and they delivered right to the room! Good food and a great value! Breakfast at the hotel was very good. If we ever come back to Albuquerque we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 3 weeks at Clarion Hotel on Pan American Fwy NE from November to December in 2012. Because of accommodations at this hotel, my husband and I enjoyed a most memorable Thanksgiving with our family in Albuquerque as well as the rest of our stay while househunting. The maid service was tops, the hot breakfast compares to none, the hotel was very well maintained by professional workers, the business center with its free computers, the exercise room, the total experience was superb. We should be paying twice what we paid for, based on the value we got. On the contrary, the experience did not break our pocket and we came away very delighted. Whenever we visit family in Albuquerque, we make extra efforts to stay at Clarion Hotel NE. It outperforms every other Albuquerque hotel I have been to (at least half a dozen others in the 4 to 5 stars rating). I would like to keep my rates a secret. It was a manager's discounted deal. It was so affordable I extended our stay from two weeks to three.
Clarion Hotel is our second home in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Talk to the managers at the desk like Brandon. They will tailor to your needs (and pocket book). We...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently had to make a quick business trip into Albuquerque. I was able to book a last minute reservation with Rum and received a great corporate rate. I saved a few bucks booking a standard room. I usually prefer a two-room suite because it has a separate living room with a microwave and refrigerator. Upon arrival, the property appeared neat and tidy. Billy checked me in promptly and professionally. I was able connect to the free wifi without any problems. I had a great nights rest in their comfortable beds. Plenty of pillows and blankets to keep me warm during the cold NM nights. The in-room safe is a great feature for those traveling with iPads and laptops. Breakfast was delicious and features real scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy and much, much more. For a local twist, the hash browns were smothered in green chile and cheese. A real treat for visitors and native New Mexicans alike. My stay at the Clarion came to an end with a quick and pleasant check-out by the Manager, Brandon. Overall, this is my favorite Choice Hotel in Albuquerque. The location was convenient to my training and numerous restaurant. Albuquerque Int'l Airport is only 10 miles away. I look forward to staying again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite 301 for a great view of the Sandia Mountains
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed at this location at least 10 nights over the past two years. It is not the most up-to-date hotel, but you get what you pay for. However, my last visit on 11/16 was very disapointing. When I got to the front desk the guy behind the counter said "hi" then continued to do some filing. I asked if the filing could wait, so that I could get to my room. He said "yeah" then continued to file. When he was finally done, he checked me in. During the check in process, he never welcomed me as a Choice Gold Member, he did not say what the breakfast hours were, nor did he show me on the map where my room was located. When he noticed that I was looking at the room map, he offered me a copy. The next morning, at check out, I told the dya shift person about the experience. She said she would tell the manager, and issue 100 Choice rewards points to my account. After this experience I will be looking elsewhere my next time through Albuquerque.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I took a suite at this hotel for $67, and got ahotel that looks like a Marriott or Hyatt. Unlike most Choice hotels, breakfast is on real plates, with real cutlery, not paper and plastic. A really good value,l will return again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a bad feeling about this place when we viewed the sea of residential laminate flooring at the entrance. The check in experience was perfect, friendly and flawless. Good things ended there. The dark, dirty and faded carpet in the hallways was far, far beyond its useful life. The elevator doors were guarded by some odd entry arrangement that made it nearly impossible to enter the elevator with a luggage cart. The route from the elevator to our room was like a corn maze; winding forward, left, right, and in and out of doorways and halls. The room was spacious, yet inefficient. There was one luggage stand for one suitcase. Our other one had to go on the floor to be opened. The closet was tucked in to a corner of the bathroom and inaccessible. Tired from a full day on the road, we unpacked and I hit the shower. The tub was not a slow drainer – it was a no drainer. I had water well up on my shins as I waded back to the floor. My wife simply would not enter the pool of soapy liquid. We called the front desk and, to their credit, were offered another room. The night clerk brought up the key, we got dressed again, repacked the open suitcases and toiletries and headed to our new room. Here, we were greeted with a dirty diaper in the bathroom trash can. Too tired to complain further, we hit the sack. The bed was reasonably comfortable. Upon checkout, we complained to the desk clerk about our experiences and he assured us the manager would call us to resolve the matter to our satisfaction. As expected, we have heard nothing. Oh, you have to ask for a $1 credit on the safe rental that is automatically charged to your room. I blame myself somewhat for this experience. It was a low priced room and I went for the savings. Nevertheless, there are just far too many good choices in Albuquerque for one to put up with such mediocrity. We will never stay at this Clarion again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with southern window (we had 318). There is a huge billboard facing the building with i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple