“The breakfast bar will bring us back again!”

Pan American Inn & Suites
Ranked #89 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Clarion Hotel. The suites are spacious, but it was the breakfast bar that set this hotel apart from all the rest. There is ample space in the breakfast area for many guests to gather and enjoy the morning. The use of real dishes and silver was a treat. However, the addition that will bring us back time and time again was the homemade potato and green chile casserole. It was excellent and I have never found it on any breakfast bar before. It helped us start the day in a positive way that carried us into the evening.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Although I had passed by the Clarion Hotel in Albuquerque many times, I had never actually stayed there. On a recent business trip, I decided to try it, as it was very near where my two day meeting was to be held.
Online registration went smoothly; and on the day of my arrival, check in was quick and easy. The staff I dealt with were open, cordial, and professional. Even though the room I was in was above a floor of the hotel that was being renovated, there was absolutely no interference with access and no disruption during my stay. The room I occupied was very clean and well maintained, and everything was present that I needed to be comfortable. The hot breakfast, complimentary, was better than most others I have seen; and appeared to be well attended by guests. Check out was quick and easy.
Now that I have experienced the Clarion Hotel first hand, it will be high on my list whenever I need to stay overnight in Albuquerque!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Left home in Florida 5/12 and drove to California, on 6/17 we stayed in the Clarion, Albuquerque on our way home to Florida. Have been a Choice Privileges member for years and never stayed at a Clarion before, that will change now. The front desk personnel were super in directing us to good eating, the breakfast was above average. This stay prompted a stay at a Clarion in Tupelo, Miss. on 6/26, always carry your Choice Hotel Directory. ENJOY

Room Tip: if a senior, make sure booking agent is made aware of this
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have enjoyed staying at the Clarion for the past few years. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and I enjoy their breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Everything was so easy from making the reservation to checking out! The room was beautiful and comfortable. The kitchen area was very clean and the breakfast was very good. I will stay there again. The prices were good, I had eye surgery and the hotel was very easy to get to from the hospital.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Family of 5 stayed for one night. Liked convenient location (frontage road off I-25) only 5 minute drive to many restaurants. Great hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy and usual fare (cereal, toast, pastries, etc). Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Our first suite had very poorly draining tub, and we were given a new suite within 5 minutes of calling about the problem. (Front desk staff delivered new room keys to our room.) Next room seemed fine, but the sofa bed sagged so much in the middle and had mattress spring coils jutting out (not exposed, but not padded). It was the most uncomfortable night of sleep for our family member on the sofa bed.
The lot next to the hotel was an ugly, industrial lot. Hotel grounds had no trees and the pool faced the frontage road and interstate--not very enticing. Would have given 4 or 5 rating for breakfast, 2 or 3 for hotel comfort, 4 for front desk service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed 2 nights on our travels out west. The room was clean, nicely decorated, plenty of space, bright lights, lots of tv stations and all the usual amenities. The lobby and dining area were large, clean and very modern. Hot breakfast was actually hot and fresh. The pool area was clean although we never saw anyone using it. Some Choice hotels have an afternoon "happy hour" this one did not, no big deal to us. We stayed at 5 different Choice hotels during our 2 week travel and this was by far the best one we stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
clarionabqdirector, Director of Sales at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about the Clarion Hotel in Albuquerque. We are truly humbled by your compliments. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and look forward to your return to the Great Southwest!