“Strip mall is off-putting, but good burgers”

Spinn's Burger & Beer
Ranked #388 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The atmosphere isn't all that appealing - it almost seems like they couldn't find a better place for a restaurant, so they just set up shop. Not cozy at all, and really extra bright inside. It is spacious though, with a bar and lots of TV's to watch sports. Apparently there is outdoor seating, but I didn't go take a look. The service was good - the waitress really attentive. Actually, maybe a little too attentive? She came back several times to check on everything. I suppose that's not the worst thing ever. The fries were good and crispy, and the burger was really good. I got what I thought was a small burger and couldn't even finish it, so the portions were really generous. The prices were fair. I'd probably go back.

There are newer reviews for Spinn's Burger & Beer

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had been to Spinn's just after they opened in their new location. We wanted the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with New Mexico green chili. Unfortunately, they told us they wouldn't be serving it, so we hadn't been back. Then, recently we found out they were carrying the sandwich again, and so we gave it a try.
The Philly was done to perfection. Lots of cheese, meat and quite spicy green chili. I had the fresh cut fries with mine and my partner had the jalapeno beans. She didn't care much for the beans, but I thought they were quite good, and my fries were really quite tasty, a large nice hot pile. We will return, and want to try the briskit sandwich.
A bit noisy with loud music, and a high uninsulated ceiling, but not as deafening as some places. Worth the visit as far as we are concerned.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Was excited to find Spinn's again after they disappeared from their previous location. Unfortunately, they've taken a turn for the worse. Smaller and greasier than before. Sadly, we won't be back. It appears that JackieM (3 outstanding reviews of Spinn's) is giving props to her own establishment.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Corner bar type atmosphere, family friendly. Lots of beers on tap and a wide variety of bottled beers. Good quality wines and "wine-garitas". Outdoor patio that allows dogs. Owner operated. Really nice people. Great place for happy hour--specials--email coupons-- excellent food. The green chile cheeseburger and waffle fries are great.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Locally owned--owner Mike tends the bar.; wife manages the restaurant service. Good selection of beer. Family friendly. Shaded patio-dog friendly. Extremely good green chile cheeseburger- onion rings to die for. Some happy hour specials. Very nice place with good service.