“Overall Good - Not off the Charts, but Good”
Review of Marcello's Chop House - CLOSED

Marcello's Chop House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I tried this place for dinner one night. Since I was by myself, I just ate in the bar. This is a typical steakhouse where everything is ala carte. I wasn't in the mood for a steak and opted to try a few of their "starters" and a salad.

The wine list is certainly top notch, along with top notch prices. I had the sauted shrimp with a chorizo sauce and found the shrimp to be very good and the sauce rather tasty. I also ordered the Marcello Oysters, which I think were very much over cooked. I debated between the raw oysters and the Marcello. I was disappointed in the over cooked oysters.

Lastly I tried the Wedge Salad. I found the Wedge Salad to be very good and a nice finish to a couple of starters. The bar was a happening place on Thursday night with a piano player.

Again, I conclude most of my reviews if I would return to this place. I probably would, most likely for lunch if I was by myself.

There are newer reviews for Marcello's Chop House

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The sweet onion soup with a topping of Gruyere was amazing. I had the flat iron steak salad, which was perfectly medium rare, and the horseradish dressing was a bit strong at first, but a great pairing with the little crunchy onion rings. Husband had steak frites, also perfectly medium rare. Excellent, attentive staff.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I went to Marcello's for my Birthday. They were so sweet to honor a gift certificate my husband had given me quite a few years back. We were both work-stressed when we got there, but our waiter was awesome and the fabulous drinks mellowed us out pretty quickly. We had the jumbo shrimp appetizer with a delicious sauce. Followed by a chopped salad, which we raved about to friends. I had the lobster and he had a rib eye. Both were excellent. We were too full to try dessert. We loved our romantic little table and the service was first rate. Thanks! We'll be back...

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a retired hotelier and world traveler and recently moved to ABQ. I was excited to try a highly rated restaurant in my new city. On arrival my partner ordered a Martini that was brought very promptly at which point I order my cocktail and proceeded to wait another 15 minutes for it. We enjoyed our drinks and ordered our first course. It was speedy but disappointing. The mozzarella was so dry and hard with the texture of plastic and the bacon on the BLT salad was cold and oily. My appetizer was OK. The staff was quick to remove our plates and we had high hopes for our main courses. We waiting and waiting 20 mins. Again the buffalo steak was so rare and full of gristle. It was a crime to kill an animal and cook it like that. I had the market fresh seafood special.
2 jumbo scallops with 2 jumbo shrimp on a bed of wonderful medley of greens and a cream corn reduction. Nothing was jumbo anywhere else it would have been and appetizer. For a total of $158 without tip it was a big disappointment.

1  Thank MWSPIRIT
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were driving cross-country this past week and had been surviving on quick meals en route. In Albuquerque we had a wonderful surprise. Although we aren't big meat eaters, we liked Marcello's Chop House very much. The service was excellent, the decor pleasant, and the food excellent. My husband ordered the chicken and I had the fish of the day, sea bass. The chicken was perfectly seasoned and the fish was prepared well. The hash browns were worth the calorie splurge. Our only regret was that we didn't have room for dessert.

The prices are comparable to good restaurants in most big cities.