“Great place and great food”
Review of Marcello's Chop House - CLOSED

Marcello's Chop House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We hung out here on Christmas eve, and WOW was it fun. the food was so good. Very different and really well done. Really good environment. I recommend this place.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have dined here over the years since Marcello's opened. Our office Christmas party this year was outstanding. The food and service have reached an outstanding level and it appears to me that the striving to get even better continues! The Escargot was an unexpected crowd favorite! I had ordered it hoping that no one else would eat it...save some bread to soak up the wonderful drippings!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to Marcello's for lunch with my work group. Was expecting much more for a "$$$$" restaurant. We were crammed in our table so tight, that for one of us to get up, we had to push our chair straight back all the way to the wall to squeeze past the person next to us. Was not warned that the pickles for the burgers were brine-d in some sort of pepper soak, if you have digestive problems; the last thing you want is to be surprised this way. Kobe beef burger was decent, but not superb; at $17 I expected more. Asked if the cheesecake could come without orange and raspberry, was told no. When coworker received her cheesecake to go, the orange and raspberry were in separate containers from the cheesecake so why can't the cheesecake come without those ingredients (I thought they were mixed straight into the cake). For this price I think I will take my business elsewhere.

1  Thank Midnitesun3
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I thought Marcello's was good, not great. The prices are VERY high, and the food seems to lack originality and quality to match the prices. Steak was a little over cooked, I ordered it red in the middle. Server assured me the steaks are cooked more rare than ordered. Didn't seem to be the case. The dining room is nice and the wine list is good, for a nicer restaurant. Is a cool place to hang out and entertain business associates, but I wouldn't rush back.

1  Thank Bob6104
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Marcello's Chop House has remained solidly good throughout several visits over the years. The food is always delicious, no matter what I order. The service has always been very good for me - though sometimes refills of water can take a bit longer than is ideal. You're never rushed - but they're never fast. You get a nice meal, and you pay a hearty price for it. And, alas, the place just feels more than a little pretentious.

Meats have always been done perfectly for me, my wife has enjoyed the fish. The sides are always nice. It's solid. But Marcello's _starts_ its pricing where the unpretentious Seasons/Savoy/Zinc local family of fine dining restaurants _ends_ . . . and Marcello's isn't actually any better than these places. The meat is not better, the atmosphere is not better, the preparation is not better and Marcello's service is actually notably worse. Parking at Marcello's in the purportedly upscale ABQ Uptown Mall can be annoying in the frantic and zoolike parking lot (my car got dinged on my visit the other day - nothing like a $250 deductible on top of a $150 meal for two).

So - nice place for meat, value is a little tricky. Nice for a change every once in a while, but there are better options in town. If you're the type who thinks Jared Jewelers is the top of the line for buying an engagement ring, Marcello's ought to impress. If you're more accustomed to the sort of class that doesn't try too hard to prove itself, you might be happier elsewhere.

1  Thank Erich505