Tripadvisor
Search
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Presented by Canon
Review Highlights
Owner

Lots of fun. Great flying area. Very well organized for pilots and crews. Spectators love... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
LKonash
Deltona, Florida
via mobile
Air ballooning

So I went to Albuquerque I have a friend on a balloon team who is going to get me my first air... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
T8399KEcynthiac
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Albuquerque
from $161.03
from $193.85
from $163.08
from $68.00
More Info
All reviews park and ride dawn patrol mass ascension bucket list special shapes balloon fiesta balloon glow gondola club night glow festival grounds dress in layers hot air balloons morning session balloons inflate breakfast burrito laser light show evening event
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020

It is not often that an event lives up to expectations. This Balloon Fiesta certainly exceeded our expectations. The beauty of viewing hundeds of hot air balloons in a perfectly blue sky cannot be adequately described and must be experienced to be appreciated!

1  Thank rickl623
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

We went on a short trip to New Mexico last October mainly to see the International Balloons Festival in Albuquerque. We took our Aussie poo Ryder and we had a fantastic time! We left Belton and headed to New Mexico and stopped at a casino and horse track on the border then the next day headed to Roswell to the UFO Mueseum which was a hoot. After souvenir shopping we headed to the Cattle Baron and had the best prime rib. Then it was on to stay at the Navito in Albuquerque and the International Balloon Festival which was amazing and the next day rode the Sandia Tram which had amazing views of the city. Near there was an amazing dog park that Ryder really enjoyed. We spent a day in Santa Fe and went to St Micheals and the ch Loretta chapel and had fun shopping in old town. Then we drove to Chalma and took the stem engine to Antonito Co and bussed back to our rustic lodge. It was an awesome trip!

3  Thank P7082YMkathyr
Reviewed December 31, 2019

Went to Albuquerque New Mexico to experience the Balloon Fiesta this past Oct.
If you have never been, you should go at least once in your life time.
To see over 500 hot air balloons in one place is amazing. We were with a Globus Tour so we had top notch service while there. From early morning with the hot breakfast and coffee to the evening glow and fireworks it was our best trip of 2019. Historic downtown Albuquerque is very interesting also. Put this event on your bucket list!!

3  Thank mcal19432018
Reviewed December 31, 2019

I've been waiting 20 years to finally make this trip. It was well worth the wait. We did 2 morning glows and 1 night glow and it was just enough. I could've gone to more but there's only so many balloons you can look at. It is beautiful to see them take off and glide across the sky with mountains in the background. You have to be there early. I think the morning glow is at 7 and you literally have to be there at 7 or you miss a big part of it. It is COLD in the morning so dress warmly! The night glow with fireworks was by far my favorite part. I highly recommend! I also recommend if possible to bike there. There are bike paths to get there and a FREE bike valet. Parking is a pretty tough. Put your patience hat on if you do drive because it takes time getting in/out of the park. Overall, I would tell anyone to go to this. A must see!

4  Thank adventurerelax
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

The grand daddy of balloon festivals is the Alburquerque Balloon Fiesta that happens the first weekend through the second weekend of every October. The dawn patrol and mass ascentions are the best. The experience is close and as personal as you want. You get to watch the crews setup and inflate their balloons of all shapes. The "zebra" team are quite entertaining as they orchestrate the take offs of each balloon. I suggest you arrive before the gates open so you have parking. Take time to enjoy an Indian taco or breakfast burrito before the balloons take off. The colors and shapes will amaze both young and old.

2  Thank Jewelscase