“Really loved the bangers and mash”
Review of Two Fools Tavern

Two Fools Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Two Fools Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,826 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I met another couple for dinner on a Saturday night here. We had told them that we wouldn't be there until about 15 minutes after they planned to be there, and so when we arrived, we thought they would already be inside, however, the people at the door have strange rules about going to look for seated parties and were kind of rude in my opinion, which is why I rated it average instead of very good.
Outside of waiting outside trying to get in touch with our friends, it was a nice evening. The service was good. My wine was good. I had some other friends tell me how wonderful the fish and chips are there, so I ordered that and my second choice was the bangers and mash, which my boyfriend ordered. I didn't love the fish and chips as my friends had, so halfway through he and I switched. I thought the bangers and mash were just as good as some that I had in Ireland last year.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Irish atmosphere was the key to this tavern. The food was tasty and plentiful for the price. Beer on tap. Service was good.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited Two Fools Tavern today for the first time and feel it is certainly worth recommending. The place is kinda tucked away on the north side of Central across from the big Sushi place. Parking can be difficult, especially on Fridays and Saturdays but that's nothing new when you're on Central. Decor is very laid back, fireplace with real log fire was nice on a cool fall afternoon, place was crowded but we managed to get a table fairly quickly. Our waitress was busy but managed to check up on us fairly regularly. Prices were quite reasonable and portions were large. I had the small Fish & Chips and when it came I was glad I had not ordered the larger portion 'cause there is no way I could have finished it. The fish was moist and the breading was light. The slaw with chunks of apple was quite good. Of course the best thing was the glass of Stout I had with the meal. It is a little noisy but the food and libation make up for the small criticism. Will we go again? Yes!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We found Two Fools Tavern before we discovered tripadvisor. Pure luck.

This is about as authentic an Irish pub as you might find, 'most anywhere. They were busy, but regardless, we were seated almost immediatly.

Our waitress was overloaded, but was quick, from across the room, to acknowledge our presence by indicating she'd be right with us. Is that top notch? We knew we were in for a treat.

The decor is authentic old pub, with an ornately hand carved bar, etc. Their offering of beer & ale is as good as one might hope for. Their Fish & Chips is the best I've ever had - - -anywhere.

Our waitress knew every detail amongst their broad menu selections, and was as effective as we've ever experienced. Did I mention she was charming, too?

I'd love to go there on a regular basis. However, it's a long commute from Charlotte.

1  Thank JohnCharlotte
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Two fools is a great place to meet friends after work or mass on sunday. The food is fair, but the beer and scotch selection is great. I have alwasy had great service, and the bartender even remembers my draft of choice. (90 shilling)