“We were very pleased with our visit. Good green and red chile!”
Review of Durans Station

Durans Station
Ranked #101 of 1,828 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were ready to be underwhelmed when we walked in. Lots of gringos around, not particularly busy, seemed a little like a mexican Johnny Rockets. Nonetheless, we had made our decision, and committed to giving it a fair shot. Boy, were we pleased we did. Service was excellent. We ordered the relleno and enchilada combo plate with christmas, and hoped for the best. The chips and salsa were good, with the salsa having a little more heat than I expected, which is a good thing! When the food arrived, we were a little disappointed at the appearance of the red chile thinking that it was going to be sub-par. We were happily wrong! The red chile actually had excellent flavor and depth and presented a little more heat than a lot of red chiles do. The green was also good, no complaints. We finished with some sopapillas. A rather happy experience overall. To be fair, I thought the price was $1-2 more than comparable places where we live, but still a decent value. I would definitely go back and surely recommend it. CLOSED SUNDAYS!

9  Thank JeremyHakes

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Still our favorite New Mexican food restaurant!! Food is awesome, waitress staff always fast and friendly and give great suggestions on what to try. Also love that I can have a beer while eating my favorite hot green chile!!

11  Thank Jodelkraut
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had the Chile relleno / Enchilada combo plate. The sauce was excellent. The chili relleno was nice and crispy, although I thought it could have used a bit more cheese inside. The enchilada was a bit disappointing but made a great carrier for more of that tasty sauce. For the price it was a great value.

16  Thank Russell H
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Real authentic New Mexican food, good, fast, friendly service. It was a bit pricier than we thought it should be, but I guess sometimes you have to pay for quality! Would recommend to out of towners looking for an authentic, non-tourist trap place to eat.

13  Thank globerunner99
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We are local Albuquerqueans and can vouch for the absolute fact that this is the best New Mexican food you can find in the 505. I love the juevos rancheros with red and green chile, we have to eat here at least once a week so I can get my chile fix! I would describe the food using the word "love". The restaurant is great, super laid back, seat yourself vibe. Very family friendly too. We are regulars and the staff always greets us and asks if we even want menus (since we usually get the same things). Also, free basket of chips and salsa always start the meal right!
I love Duran's!